BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Irreverent Transfer Window Thread (& biscuits, bread and any other nonsense to pass the time)

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Quick review. 

Those fake 'Lotus biscof' style biscuits they sell in aldi are almost as good as the real thing.

3.5 out of 5

'Great dunkers, better matched with coffee than tea though'

Their version of the spread is also a game changer’

• Like 1

Back before my first marriage I took a young lady to a lovely restaurant in Annecy.

I completely lost it on the cheese board- Epoisses, Vacherin de Mont d'or and Reblochon all in their most perfect gooey stinky perfection accompanied by a perfectly golden Sauternes.

Poor girl realised cheese could give me far more pleasure than ever she could.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, philipl said:

Back before my first marriage I took a young lady to a lovely restaurant in Annecy.

I completely lost it on the cheese board- Epoisses, Vacherin de Mont d'or and Reblochon all in their most perfect gooey stinky perfection accompanied by a perfectly golden Sauternes.

Poor girl realised cheese could give me far more pleasure than ever she could.

I hope you at least let her try. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Gotta say guys & gals, I've had a right good giggle (and one or 2 LOLs) reading the last few pages.

Anyway, I've got a couple here for you to try (or not)

Crumpet Pizzas - Admittedly alcohol fuelled this one, you know, when you come in and the only places you think to look are the bread bin & the fridge. So, here I am with a block of cheese in one hand, a pepperami in the other looking longingly at the crumpets in the bread bin. Doesn't need much imagination to work out what I did - sliced cheese, sliced pepperami, on crumpet, under the grill - awesome!

Next one is something my Grandad used to do when I was a kid. Try not to gip, trust me it tastes great - dunking your toast in your cup of tea (NOT coffee, has to be tea). Admittedly, you do get an oil slick on the top of your brew which isn't the best, but the dunked toast....😋

I like crumpets but not a patch on pikelets. Another firm bread bin favourite after a night out, potato cakes 😋 

• Like 1

What do people in Blackburn call puddings in the chippy. In Wigan we call them Babis yeds as in  babis yed n chips love for the fact it looks like a bald babies head . Just curious if anyone else had any weird things like that along with the famous Wigan kebab, a pie on a barm/tea cake/muffin/etc/etc

Edited by Oldgregg86

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Not sure why the tea cake chat causes so much confusion tbh.

Currant teacake- contains currants.

Teacake- contains no currants.

A lot of out of towners apparently don't know what teacakes and dabs are.

Then come on a Blackburn Rovers forum and try and tell us that they're called muffins or some other shit.

Fuck off you tourists.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

A lot of out of towners apparently don't know what teacakes and dabs are.

Then come on a Blackburn Rovers forum and try and tell us that they're called muffins or some other shit.

Fuck off you tourists.

Award for most angry post ever written about a bread related product

I love it!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What do people in Blackburn call puddings in the chippy. In Wigan we call them Babis yeds as in  babis yed n chips love for the fact it looks like a bald babies head . Just curious if anyone else had any weird things like that along with the famous Wigan kebab, a pie on a barm/tea cake/muffin/etc/etc

Just a steak pudding, but sometimes a rag pudding (if cooked in a rag cloth , obvs).

Now pea wet is a fecking strange Wiggin phenomenon!

• Like 2

On 26/07/2023 at 09:46, wilsdenrover said:

Who remembers pop tarts and are they still a thing?

Yes, Aldi recently brought put a knock off version for a fraction of the price too. I'm told they're better as well but I'm savoury not sweet so can't think of anything worse...

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Just a steak pudding, but sometimes a rag pudding (if cooked in a rag cloth , obvs).

Now pea wet is a fecking strange Wiggin phenomenon!

Haha yeah it’s not one I ever got on board with but all my latics mates do that. I never did fit in 😁

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Both are in Devon so there it should be cream with jam on top. Prefer the Cornish way personally

Having the crack with this on another forum with mates in Exeter and Totnes. 

image_0dd98d30-d648-4a55-9b46-261f3a5c20a6_470x.jpg

• Like 2

Much more fun than the transfers thread. So many food memories coming back when it suddenly struck me that within half a mile of home there are: 

- supermarkets with Italian, Spanish, Thai, Malay, Polish, Russian, Chinese sections

- Bulgarian food shop

- a fantastic large Asian food supermarket

- brilliant Dutch fish and Chips

- Estonian, Hungarian, Lebanese, Greek, Australian, Brazilian, Peruvian restaurants (plus all the Italian, Turkish, Chinese, Indian and fusion places, even Maltese...)

- M&S selling all their own brand stuff sourced outside the UK

Basically Britain has disappeared off the face of the retail earth in the last 7 years.

PS whenever I am in the UK, I make a point of eating a Melton Mowbray pork pie- is it just me having inflated memories of how good they used to be or have they gone down hill terribly?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

Much more fun than the transfers thread. So many food memories coming back when it suddenly struck me that within half a mile of home there are: 

- supermarkets with Italian, Spanish, Thai, Malay, Polish, Russian, Chinese sections

- Bulgarian food shop

- a fantastic large Asian food supermarket

- brilliant Dutch fish and Chips

- Estonian, Hungarian, Lebanese, Greek, Australian, Brazilian, Peruvian restaurants (plus all the Italian, Turkish, Chinese, Indian and fusion places, even Maltese...)

- M&S selling all their own brand stuff sourced outside the UK

Basically Britain has disappeared off the face of the retail earth in the last 7 years.

PS whenever I am in the UK, I make a point of eating a Melton Mowbray pork pie- is it just me having inflated memories of how good they used to be or have they gone down hill terribly?

Have you moved from Malta to Sheffield Philipl?