BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Irreverent Transfer Window Thread (& biscuits, bread and any other nonsense to pass the time)

14 minutes ago, philipl said:

Cadbury's is now adulterated Mondelez crap and dramatically worse than when I was a kid. Cadbury's Creme Egg doesn't even have chocolate around it.

Although Cote d"or is also owned by Mondelez, it hasn't been bastardised like Cadbury's has so that is my go to when needing a choccy boost.

I find the high %age cocoa bars not as pleasant although living in Malta we can get the produce from Modica in Sicily which are exceptional- https://www.modicachocolate.com/

3.70 euros for 50 grams - how the other half lives eh 😁

This is more like it.

On the chocolate discussion, it's Galaxy for me as my number one, any day of the week. I don't find Cadbury to be as good as it was before. I like how Galaxy has maintained its classic taste over the years.

A useless fact, but for years at Ewood during the 90s and into the 2000s, I would have a Bounty (chocolate) at half time. No other chocolate would even come into it. I guess I liked it that much.

When I see Bounty anywhere, it always reminds of Sherwood, Sutton and Gallacher 😊.

• Like 3

When I was a kid my Nan used to use best butter the full fat stuff salted and spread it on digestives and then pour maple syrup over them all washed down with a coke with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. 

Let me tell you even with one leg and the diabetes I have no regrets

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

When I was a kid my Nan used to use best butter the full fat stuff salted and spread it on digestives and then pour maple syrup over them all washed down with a coke with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. 

What manner of new hell is this!

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Digestives are for dunking in tea .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It completely left my mind until the other day that spreading margarine on digestives was a very common(and tasty) thing to do up until about 20 years ago, I have absolutely no idea why it's something that I just seemed to randomly stop doing and forgot all about!

I also used to like spreading chocolate spread between 2(0r more!!!)Rich teas and digestives.

Obviously this makes them undunkable!!! (which maybe why I stopped🤔)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

51 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

When I was a kid my Nan used to use best butter the full fat stuff salted and spread it on digestives and then pour maple syrup over them

😳

I honestly had no idea that spreading butter, margarine or anything else on digestives was a thing, until last night.

• Like 3

Just a bread based divergence..... But what the fk in fk is the point of the hole in Bagels (the multi pack kind for toasting) first you've got to delicately try spreading around the hole then try eating it without stuff melting and running through the hole then down your fingers and all over the place. There is just no need for the hole!

Posted this on the other thread last night, but it's more at home here:

Anybody for a biscuit top 5? Are Viennese Whirls a cake or a biscuit? If it's the latter, then they are high on this list.

1. Crunch Creams

2. All Butter Shortbread Petticoat Tails

3. Maryland Choc Chip Cookies

4. Bourbon Creams

5. McVitie's Chocolate Digestives

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Just a bread based divergence..... But what the fk in fk is the point of the hole in Bagels (the multi pack kind for toasting) first you've got to delicately try spreading around the hole then try eating it without stuff melting and running through the hole then down your fingers and all over the place. There is just no need for the hole!

I’ve googled the answer and also found out the hole has a name - a bialy.

The hole is for even baking - in the past they were then threaded on a dowel to make them easier to transport and display.

Every days a school day 😀

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Posted this on the other thread last night, but it's more at home here:

Anybody for a biscuit top 5? Are Viennese Whirls a cake or a biscuit? If it's the latter, then they are high on this list.

1. Crunch Creams

2. All Butter Shortbread Petticoat Tails

3. Maryland Choc Chip Cookies

4. Bourbon Creams

5. McVitie's Chocolate Digestives

That’s not a bad list at all - I’d have the choccie digestives nearer the top though.

I’d say a Viennese whirl is a biscuit. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’ve googled the answer and also found out the hole has a name - a bialy.

The hole is for even baking - in the past they were then threaded on a dowel to make them easier to transport and display.

Every days a school day 😀

I never knew that I needed to know this until now

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

That’s not a bad list at all - I’d have the choccie digestives nearer the top though.

I’d say a Viennese whirl is a biscuit. 

Yeah, think I've been a bit harsh on the chocolate digestive there.

I think of the Viennese Whirl as a biscuit too, though there has been a bit of a 'debate' about it being a cake.

Substitution:

Off - Bourbon Creams

On - Viennese Whirls

He's going straight up top! 😁.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yeah, think I've been a bit harsh on the chocolate digestive there.

I think of the Viennese Whirl as a biscuit too, though there has been a bit of a 'debate' about it being a cake.

Substitution:

Off - Bourbon Creams

On - Viennese Whirls

He's going straight up top! 😁.

Mary Berry says they’re a biscuit and if you can’t trust her I don’t know who you can trust 😀

Where would you place the jammy dodger? (Clean answers only please!😁)