BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Irreverent Transfer Window Thread (& biscuits, bread and any other nonsense to pass the time)

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

It wasn’t toilet paper, it was just everyday ‘to write on’ paper.

Newspapers were multi-functional. Read them, wipe your arse with them, clean windows with them. Not nesessarily in that order.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Was that the stuff which was like tracing paper?

Funnily enough my friends and I had a similar conversation in the pub after yesterdays game. Even Izal was mentioned in it.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Riversider28 said:

These are still one of my all time favourites. They’re also quite reasonably priced in Home Bargains and the like. 

IMG_1345.jpeg

Woah! What the hell have they done to the packaging? Where's the inner bog roll cardboard tube wrapped in paper with the liquorice sticking out?

image.jpeg

I'm sorry but the kids of today have no idea what we had to go through trying to eat one - soggy paper, sherbet sticking to it. You've run out of liquorice, so you try to get the bit at the bottom by licking your finger, then you realise your finger won't reach to the bottom so you put the open end of the tube up to your mouth and tap the other end. Nothing comes out so you tap a bit harder.

Now, at this point one of two things happens depending on how you've positioned your mouth as there was always more left in than you imagined - either you end up with a face full of sherbet and eyes stinging like a bitch, or if you go for the "full gob open over the tube" approach, you suddenly end up looking like a rabid dog as it all fizzes up in your mouth with a bit of the ripped soggy paper stuck to your lip.

Anyone else, or just me? 😆

Edited by windymiller7
picture didn't insert
  • Like 8

On 19/08/2023 at 10:18, rigger said:

Top of the Pops.

1)   Tizer

2)   Dandelion and Burdock

3)   Sarsaparilla  (from the stall on Blackburn market)

I always used to love this - didn't last too long ('82 - '89 apparently) so I must've been one of a minority that did. To me it was an improvement on Lilt (which is now re-branded as Fanta something or other)

image.jpeg

33 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I always used to love this - didn't last too long ('82 - '89 apparently) so I must've been one of a minority that did. To me it was an improvement on Lilt (which is now re-branded as Fanta something or other)

image.jpeg

I used to like Suzi !

• Like 1