BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Saudi Pro League

25 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Reports suggested Henderson was being paid £700,000-per-week - four times what he was earning at Liverpool - but he denied those claims.

"People can believe me or not, but in my life and my career, money has never been a motivation. Ever," he said.

There's me thinking he'd gone for the money.

Did he give the ‘real reason’ for going to Saudi?

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Reports suggested Henderson was being paid £700,000-per-week - four times what he was earning at Liverpool - but he denied those claims.

"People can believe me or not, but in my life and my career, money has never been a motivation. Ever," he said.

"People can believe me or not, but I'm actually being paid £690,000-per-week"

• Like 5

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm a convert and have chosen my side... go Al-Raed!!

Looking forward to a big year from Mohamed Fouzair and some indelible with my fellow travelling faithful 🙂

Mid-table may be the best we can hope for in the league... dare we dream of a group stage spot next year in the inaugural Asian Football Confederation Champions League 2?! Does a saucy road trip to see the best that Tajikistan or Uzbekistan have to offer beckon??

Perhaps a run in the legendary King Cup?!? We'll see!!

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Insulting People's intelligence that.

700K a week...nearly as much as Gav earns!😮

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Backroom

A bit weird that - based on the BBC article - he claims his beliefs remain valid despite not directly addressing any of the reasonable criticism levelled at him, and instead trying to turn it back around on those criticising him by saying his feelings are hurt.

I'm not sure if the article is missing the part where he explains why he doesn't think he's a hypocrite, or if the message from his PR team is genuinely "I am a hypocrite but stop saying mean things about me". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverCanada said:

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm a convert and have chosen my side... go Al-Raed!!

Looking forward to a big year from Mohamed Fouzair and some indelible with my fellow travelling faithful 🙂

Mid-table may be the best we can hope for in the league... dare we dream of a group stage spot next year in the inaugural Asian Football Confederation Champions League 2?! Does a saucy road trip to see the best that Tajikistan or Uzbekistan have to offer beckon??

Perhaps a run in the legendary King Cup?!? We'll see!!

image.jpeg.cf103095fd7d3a5a2f2dc8a49926b84e.jpeg

• Like 1

Henderson said: "I've gone above and beyond to help [the LGBTQ+ community]. I've worn the laces. I've worn the armband. I've spoken to people in that community to try to use my profile to help them. That's all I've ever tried to do…

"So if I wear the rainbow armband, if that disrespects their religion, then that's not right either. Everybody should be respectful of religion and culture."

So he’s gone ‘above and beyond ‘ to help that community but he also thinks we should be respectful of a religion/culture which considers that community to be criminals (and worse)

What an absolute cockwomble.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Don’t know why they keep getting asked. There is absolutely no other reason for going other than money

Well he could say it's to show support for a family owned country who employ north Africans to kill other north Africans on shoot on sight orders on the border with Yemen as well as historical atrocities too many to mention in one post.

But I don't think he will.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Henderson said: "I've gone above and beyond to help [the LGBTQ+ community]. I've worn the laces. I've worn the armband. I've spoken to people in that community to try to use my profile to help them. That's all I've ever tried to do…

"So if I wear the rainbow armband, if that disrespects their religion, then that's not right either. Everybody should be respectful of religion and culture."

So he’s gone ‘above and beyond ‘ to help that community but he also thinks we should be respectful of a religion/culture which considers that community to be criminals (and worse)

What an absolute cockwomble.

TBH he's never been the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Jamal Leschelles of Newcastle is said to be joining Al Shabab. A football team, not the Somali terrorist group. 

I wonder which asinine pop act will be hired for the cup final entertainment? I would suggest Mayhem or Infant Annihilator for a laugh.

I much prefer Infant Annihilator but I think mayhem would be a better fit what with their open love of fascism. 

Oh and before I forget, 

Fuck off Jordan Henderson you souless shallow piece of shit. You are a disgrace to humanity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I much prefer Infant Annihilator but I think mayhem would be a better fit what with their open love of fascism. 

Oh and before I forget, 

Fuck off Jordan Henderson you souless shallow piece of shit. You are a disgrace to humanity.

Manchester City are funded with an endless pot of gold from the Arabs. You don't get an endless pot of gold playing the good tooth fairy. I prefer 6os and early 70s football, there was a transfer ceiling of 100,000, and every team had an opportunity of silverware over a season.

• Like 1

My feeling is that we should get our own house in order before attacking other leagues, even if they make us nervous by taking some of Europe's best players. Incidentally, I wonder if Henderson's detractors like to discuss the UK's connection with Saudi Arabia.

A Guardian article from this year stated that over a third of clubs from Europe's biggest leagues are invested in by private equity firms - which exist to ruthlessly profit. When the Russian oligarchs were pumping money into the Premier League, it didn't cause too much of a stir. Now, we have the UAE and Saudi Arabia investing heavily and, again, aside from a few grumblings, there is not much protest. I read that City Football Group (majority owned by Abu Dhabi private equity, with investments from US and China), have bought Bahia football club in Brazil, this year, to add to their growing roster.

Our football is being destroyed as we speak and there is near silence. I had thought that the rise of Youtube fan channels would enable debate on the fundamentals of our game but, from what I can tell, it hasn't. The climate of fear and censorship imposed by media companies like Google/Youtube, mean that these issues aren't discussed.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

My feeling is that we should get our own house in order before attacking other leagues, even if they make us nervous by taking some of Europe's best players. Incidentally, I wonder if Henderson's detractors like to discuss the UK's connection with Saudi Arabia.

A Guardian article from this year stated that over a third of clubs from Europe's biggest leagues are invested in by private equity firms - which exist to ruthlessly profit. When the Russian oligarchs were pumping money into the Premier League, it didn't cause too much of a stir. Now, we have the UAE and Saudi Arabia investing heavily and, again, aside from a few grumblings, there is not much protest. I read that City Football Group (majority owned by Abu Dhabi private equity, with investments from US and China), have bought Bahia football club in Brazil, this year, to add to their growing roster.

Our football is being destroyed as we speak and there is near silence. I had thought that the rise of Youtube fan channels would enable debate on the fundamentals of our game but, from what I can tell, it hasn't. The climate of fear and censorship imposed by media companies like Youtube, mean that these issues aren't discussed.

Brilliant post.

The whole world of football is a cesspit. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

One massive difference of course, the UK government isn't funding the Premier League.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2023 at 15:10, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Mo Salah reportedly being offered 2.5 Million a week by the Saudis.

££££££$$$$$$€€€€€€€.

Salah doesn't get half the credit that he deserves as a player or person 

That said I'm sure he will be off there at some point, but it will probably be when he's past is best before date