BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It proves he is a liar and thinks we believe anything he says. For a man in his position to be so brazen is an insult to us all and clearly Tomasson feels the same way.

It does, and I have no doubt that he should certainly not be in the position he is in.

But relevant to the conversation and the current problems. Club wise, the owners continue to run us into the ground and have left us massively lacking. And obviously relevant to yesterday, we continue to slide down the table playing naively gung ho football leaving us with the worst goals against column in the division. It just seems a particularly trivial and strange thing to focus on.

And relevant specifically to him, the ticket side of things and attendances have been piss poor throughout his tenure, he shows no signs of learning lessons, prices have gone up this season, he closed a stand for the Cardiff game, another bundle has been released at £40 for 2 games which he has already been told and surely should have already realised dont work, supporter engagement to get more people attending is non existent, surely if you want to focus specifically on him, the pedantics regarding whether the bus is being leased or bought is still well down the list of concerns.

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It proves he is a liar and thinks we believe anything he says. For a man in his position to be so brazen is an insult to us all and clearly Tomasson feels the same way.

It is quite astounding really, that he is prepared to lie about the smaller irrelevant things. let's face it, would there have been any further comment made by most fans, if he had said we have leased a new bus? What it has done, is expose him even further for what he is and if he is prepared to lie about things like this, then who knows what he is spinning about the real issues.

He hid the news about the sale of the attempt to sell Brockhall and if it was for the pesky fans, being on the ball, who knows, what would have happened there.

Despite GB facing the fans, I suspect last January's fiasco had his prints all over it, as it certainly bears all the hallmarks of either sheer incompetence at best, or even deliberate sabotage.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Significantly breaking the wage structure for a £30k a week loan was totally out of step with his cost cutting remit

Exactly, so someone had to make sure it didn’t proceed. 

They think we are stupid. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Significantly breaking the wage structure for a £30k a week loan was totally out of step with his cost cutting remit

I think the simple and logical interpretation of that sordid affair was that Broughton was led to believe he had the capacity to bring in player(s) of that ilk and cost and then certain individuals along the chain intervened to stop it happening at the 11th hour.

Broughton clearly put a lot of work into it and was confident it was getting done. I don't believe it fell away due to incompetence or the secretary forgetting to fill the paperwork in correctly or the EFL coming up with daft unexpected requirements.

We know the slimeball upstairs has a remit and is probably paid according to our performance on that. As you say paying O'Brien £30k a week for 5-6 months would have blown a hole in the outgoings. Conveniently it was stopped and then no similar deals lined up this summer using the money left over.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I think the simple and logical interpretation of that sordid affair was that Broughton was led to believe he had the capacity to bring in player(s) of that ilk and cost and then certain individuals along the chain intervened to stop it happening at the 11th hour.

Broughton clearly put a lot of work into it and was confident it was getting done. I don't believe it fell away due to incompetence or the secretary forgetting to fill the paperwork in correctly or the EFL coming up with daft unexpected requirements.

We know the slimeball upstairs has a remit and is probably paid according to our performance on that. As you say paying O'Brien £30k a week for 5-6 months would have blown a hole in the outgoings. Conveniently it was stopped and then no similar deals lined up this summer using the money left over.

Just look at the quote from JDT about the project having changed and it becomes pretty clear the O’Brien farce has a lot more to it than meets the eye.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For sure he is a symptom of the Venky disease and his lack of scruples is there for all to see. His role in the taking of Andy Cole's signing on fee, his role in the demise of Coventry and the documented untruths we are aware of at Rovers (I'm sure there are more that haven't surfaced yet). With interest I read a post on here the other day with the reign of the Indians documented chronologically. The executives who haven't been subservient to them have been summarily dismissed for having the temerity to try and advise them to do the right things. Swag is a puppet and his huge salary is akin to blood money in my view as he is prepared to take a bullet for them. He is the CEO in name only - he contributes nothing of any value to this club as his boss is the man who has taken a Trappist Monk type vow of silence. Waggot is the monkey to this particular organ grinder.

Hes definitely a perfect employee for Venkys. Thats why he likely will be kept on as long as he wants. And when he goes, he will probably be replaced by someone similar.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes definitely a perfect employee for Venkys. Thats why he likely will be kept on as long as he wants. And when he goes, he will probably be replaced by someone similar.

You only have to consider one sentence, to understand the deliberate cynicism of the Twaggot - "Owen Coyle was the stand-out candidate for the Rovers mangerial vacancy'.

I'm surprised anyone is still bothering to question this scumbag's integrity - that particular boat sailed waaaaaaaaayyyy long ago.

I noted JDT's less than cheerful demeanour after the Leicester game in the presser - I suspect we are edging closer to a change of leadership (on the field) but not, I fear, for the better.

23 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

You only have to consider one sentence, to understand the deliberate cynicism of the Twaggot - "Owen Coyle was the stand-out candidate for the Rovers mangerial vacancy'.

I'm surprised anyone is still bothering to question this scumbag's integrity - that particular boat sailed waaaaaaaaayyyy long ago.

I noted JDT's less than cheerful demeanour after the Leicester game in the presser - I suspect we are edging closer to a change of leadership (on the field) but not, I fear, for the better.

Was Waggott even here when Coyle was?

• Like 1

The irony with Waggot is he is by far the most qualified for the job these lot have ever employed.

Cousin Vinny

The guy who was here 5 mins and got himself sacked by asking for a payrise, Hunt was it ?

Then there was nobody for a while, then there was

Shaw

Agnew

Shebby

Finally a guy with some sort of football administration and executive experience although no doubt brought into the building by those who provided managers at the time.

In many ways he's the right man to keep a club surviving on life support but very much the wrong man to use a half decent budget well or build a club up using every tool in the box.

But we are skint again now anyway.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The irony with Waggot is he is by far the most qualified for the job these lot have ever employed.

Cousin Vinny

The guy who was here 5 mins and got himself sacked by asking for a payrise, Hunt was it ?

Shaw

Agnew

Shebby

Finally a guy with some sort of football administration and executive experience although no doubt brought into the building by those who provided managers at the time.

In many ways he's the right man to keep a club surviving on life support but very much the wrong man to use a half decent budget well or build a club up using every tool in the box.

But none of this is the fault of venkys.

Apparently...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Cousin Vinny

Shaw

Agnew

Shebby

I'm pretty sure it was Paul Hunt who told the owners in a letter to sack Kean but alas he was bombed out for saying this. It was in the same letter he asked to be made CEO as he was Deputy CEO but effectively running the place. The real irony was that he was Deputy CEO to nobody, we didn't have one. 

It kind of sums up their tenure.

• Like 4

On 01/10/2023 at 20:55, roversfan99 said:

I would be surprised if Rangers went back to the Championship, especially for someone who is 18th in the league. 

I know he is a big name but im not convinced that the job he has done here is remarkable enough to put him at the top of lists like that. 

If they do come for him, Swag will be rubbing his hands for the compensation and then give the job to Damian Johnson 🙈

Our saviours whilst paying Waggott 300K plus per year for shutting the B/B end to save what 2k on a cup game.We’re going to hell in a hand cart and there doesn’t seem to be any animosity towards Waggott or the Shyters  at home games or away.Don’t think it’ll be long before we’re playing in league 1 again.It’s an absolute shambles this club in its present state and I can’t relate to it anymore.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

No-one had the whit to work out that if that can helped take us up then the outlay involved was irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things.

That's what's missing at Ewood, any perspective.

Instead, given July's shambles as well, we have a reputation for incompetence and untrustworthiness among other clubs. However poor we were in the 70's and eighties we at least never had that.

Tragic what we've become.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I keeping reading about them being saviours.

They are, can't you see?

They saved us all from having to spend hours debating the latest VAR decision going against us.

They saved us all from having to scramble to book flights and accommodation at the last minute as we progress further through European competitions.

They saved us all from having to stay up late on a Saturday night as we get shown last on Match Of The Day.

All this and more. We should be so grateful to venkys.

It's disgusting that you feel the need to ever question their undeniable brilliance. They should be worshipped as the gods they are.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

They just don't give a stuff as to the impact their policies have on people or the club's reputation.

As you say, what happened in January was not only an embarrassment for the club, but also probably dragged our reputation into the gutter. Other clubs, if they weren't already, will treat us with extreme caution, knowing that even if we say we want a player, even if we get all the work done on it, we are capable of letting it collapse at the 11th hour due to various ridiculous reasons. Such nonsense can cause havoc to other clubs and their players. 

If what I've heard about Moran is correct then that's another example of us treating other clubs and their players like rubbish.

My suspicion is that the club has also mucked around numerous players over recent years at least when it comes to contract extensions and departures. I believe that many of those that have left in recent years have done so after Rovers have failed to make them appropriate offers in appropriate timescales and so they have felt little other option but to look elsewhere. I'm sure such stories spread in players circles which only contributes further to our struggles to attract proven quality (if it wasn't already hard enough with next to no budget). 

The way we've treated Broughton and JDT again a further example of taking people for fools. It seems they were both undermined mid-transfer window having previously agreed to already stringent restrictions and planned accordingly. The arrogance of the people owning the club is such they clearly think they can do whatever they please and care little for the consequences. 

Fans have been treated like dirt for years now. Taken for granted, taken for a ride on tickets and pricing, dropping shareholder and consultation meetings from the calendar, then they have the audacity to claim that fans' views are important and taken on board. Are they b0llocks.

Ultimately an unprofessional and classless football club. You only have to glance at the state of the owners and CEO to see they are well short of what is needed. They clearly take no pride at all in the club, its appearance or reputation, Ewood Park is a disgrace and as we've said many a time could be tidied up and maintained for an insignificant amount of money, but when the owners treat the club as 'out of sight, out of mind' and employ charlatans to run it in their absence, people who boast about getting the pitch ready on time for the new season and hiring a new coach, it is clear to see what standards he is measuring himself against.

Sad to say that this is a great post and sums the club up perfectly. I am by no means a big Mowbray fan but lets not forget the poor way in which they also treated him at the end of his tenure.

The slow demise of Blackburn Rovers continues and in the most painful way possible; death by a thousand cuts.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BigUts said:

Sad to say that this is a great post and sums the club up perfectly. I am by no means a big Mowbray fan but lets not forget the poor way in which they also treated him at the end of his tenure.

The slow demise of Blackburn Rovers continues and in the most painful way possible; death by a thousand cuts.

You’ve missed out the n.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

It was Cheston who made the pronouncement. Not the fat cunt.