BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Screenshot2024-01-2114_57_32.thumb.png.81952f0041a9ecb5b09d208e2677242b.png

Wasn't it 16 million and they've reduced it slightly ?

Either way they tend to be just fine with less than us and i believe the Hemmings group loses at Preston stand at around 80 million ?

Be interesting what Venkys loses are over the same timeline.

Seems that the price on ticket of owning and running a mid sized championship club is now 15/20 million a season in losses so what Venkys do isn't in fact unique and other clubs manage to find ownership able to do similar. In the eyes of an element of Rovers fans that fact seems to be unacknowledged in favour of the complete doom scenario.

Looking at various clubs' accounts you are right that annual losses for clubs without parachute payments are often in the £15m or so range. You have to wonder how much longer this can continue. We are now in a situation where the parachute payment clubs take 2 of the 3 promotion places and the other 19 or so clubs are fighting it out for the other place. Why any businessman looking at that would think it justifies the risk involved in buying a club in the Championship baffles me.

• Like 6

Another Sunday of Nixon shite. Obviously we are not going to sign Rajovic for 4m, he probably knows that so our supposed interest has the perfect excuse for when the deal obviously doesnt happen. Plus why would they sell him so soon.

Watford fans dont rate him at all, hes slow, cant hold the ball up and is useless outside the penalty box. But he does score goals. Not that it matters from a Rovers perspective.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Another Sunday of Nixon shite. Obviously we are not going to sign Rajovic for 4m, he probably knows that so our supposed interest has the perfect excuse for when the deal obviously doesnt happen. Plus why would they sell him so soon.

Watford fans dont rate him at all, hes slow, cant hold the ball up and is useless outside the penalty box. But he does score goals. Not that it matters from a Rovers perspective.

Waggot probably spreading rumours so the club can fall back on the standard, we didn't manage to get our main target over the line, whilst bidding £1 on a striker 

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 3

Jackson mentioned in the LT that Rovers could attempt to get James Hill back towards the end of January.

He’s starting against Liverpool today, so I there’s no chance that’s happening.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Polky said:

Jackson mentioned in the LT that Rovers could attempt to get James Hill back towards the end of January.

He’s starting against Liverpool today, so I there’s no chance that’s happening.

Didn't believe it for a second to be honest.

Don't think Jackson knows anything at all, too scared to do any journalism around the club, the fact he only found out about the HMRC winding up order along with everyone else tells us all we need to know.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Waggot probably spreading rumours so the club can fall back on the standard, we didn't manage to get our main target over the line, whilst bidding £1 on a striker 

Would make little sense for such a conspiracy to be true.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe we could advance the Raya Transfer money to this window and not the summer. We would get slightly less But I would be tempted to do if we could bring in new signings to give us some depth and quality

Seems a bit pointless, given a) our league position is no man's land b) value in Jan is poor

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe we could advance the Raya Transfer money to this window and not the summer. We would get slightly less But I would be tempted to do if we could bring in new signings to give us some depth and quality

Who would it be advanced from ? Arsenal took him on loan because of their own financial pressures. To borrow money against a future income stream means using “vulture banks” like Macquarie who charge eye-watering interest rates. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/11/premier-league-clubs-australian-bank-macquarie-loans-tv-earnings#:~:text=But with interest rates estimated,an arrangement with the lender.

16 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Seems a bit pointless, given a) our league position is no man's land b) value in Jan is poor

I'd suggest our position is a good deal worse than no man's land.

You'll be uttering the immortal phrase "We're too good to go down" next!

21 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Its about bringing players just not for this season but beyond. 

If we £5m from that Raya deal. That's gives you £5m to spend which would give you the chance to bring few signings 

For example 

Rajovic for £3m from Watford

O'Riordan for 500k from Crewe

Blackett-Taylor for 500k from Charlton

Cresswell on loan to buy in the summer from Leeds 

Julian Niehues on a pre contract for next season

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you think we could do that and why do you think Arsenal would want to do that?

Genuine question as I've not seen that suggested anywhere before?

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Must follow Nicko on twitter - literally his tweet.

So this summer ‘technically’ we should have a fair bit to spend.

I can see Szmodics going with possibly Carter also being off-loaded.

Raya - £5m

A Wharton - £15m (minimum)

Szmodics - £5m

Carter - £4m

Any normal club would be able to get a good 6/7 decent players with that with still plenty left over. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we £5m from that Raya deal. That's gives you £5m to spend which would give you the chance to bring few signings 

For example 

Many posters keep saying the manager is going to "walk". Why spend the little money we have now when there will be somebody else in charge ?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

For example 

I'm guessing that this is not something that's a realistic proposition but a brainwave you've come up with.

IF we did this we'd have to tempt Arsenal with a substantial discount - why would we want to do that when we're so strapped for cash?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For example 

Are you completely ignoring/forgetting that we need a judge's permission to cover bills, wages and tax? 

From where I'm sat even if we got £20 million given to us tomorrow there are all sorts of reasons why that couldn't get spent. 

You're persisting with this delusion that this is a normal club and that we are in the business of reinvesting money. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So this summer ‘technically’ we should have a fair bit to spend.

I can see Szmodics going with possibly Carter also being off-loaded.

Raya - £5m

A Wharton - £15m (minimum)

Szmodics - £5m

Carter - £4m

Any normal club would be able to get a good 6/7 decent players with that with still plenty left over. 

How much would Adam Wharton be worth if we were relegated? Genuine question as I've absolutely no idea but I'd have thought you'd be lucky to get £3m.

That's where the "model" of not putting any pressure on results falls down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How much would Adam Wharton be worth if we were relegated? Genuine question as I've absolutely no idea but I'd have thought you'd be lucky to get £3m.

That's where the "model" of not putting any pressure on results falls down.

Would it really de-value? The players talent doesn’t change so why would his value? 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

From where I'm sat even if we got £20 million given to us tomorrow there are all sorts of reasons why that couldn't get spent. 

Yes, the Court would probably just say, you've got your £20m, you don't need to transfer any more money out of the Country now.

For this reason I don't expect any real business either in or out will be concluded until after the funding is approved but I have to say I'm not optimistic thereafter.

Especially with Broughton tasked with finding replacements.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Would it really de-value? The players talent doesn’t change so why would his value? 

What's the record fee for a League 1 or 2 player?

Again genuine question as I have absolutely no idea.

Edit: to be fair it appears to be Fabian Delph.

9.5m Euros. More than I expected but not what we'd hope for.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What's the record fee for a League 1 or 2 player?

Again genuine question as I have absolutely no idea.

Edit: to be fair it appears to be Fabian Delph.

9.5m Euros. More than I expected but not what we'd hope for.

That was nearly 15 years ago though.

17 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If we’re in League 1 then any decent player will be off. We can set our own price on players but if Wharton sees someone like Hayden Carter going for market value in L1 then I’d imagine he would be very upset if we refuse to sell for the perceived value of a talented youngster in the third tier.