BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

47 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Seems a bit pointless, given a) our league position is no man's land b) value in Jan is poor

I'm an optimist and even I don't believe we're in no man's land with our current form. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why do you think we could do that and why do you think Arsenal would want to do that?

Genuine question as I've not seen that suggested anywhere before?

Nicko has suggested it on X(twitter)

27 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Many posters keep saying the manager is going to "walk". Why spend the little money we have now when there will be somebody else in charge ?

I don't know that JDT will leave Rovers in the summer but he still has 18 months on his contracts and I hope he stays here. Even if he does leave I would expect Rovers will look to appoint a head coach who will play a similar style of play to JDT. 

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm guessing that this is not something that's a realistic proposition but a brainwave you've come up with.

IF we did this we'd have to tempt Arsenal with a substantial discount - why would we want to do that when we're so strapped for cash?

We need signings in this window and mostly these should not short term signings but players who will add quality and depth to the squad for next season and season after

21 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Would it really de-value? The players talent doesn’t change so why would his value? 

It wouldn't surprise me, if Szmodics was sold, a couple of hours before the  transfer window is closed ..Adam Wharton, I don't think will be sold before summer...Then it might depend which Division we are in ..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need signings in this window and mostly these should not short term signings but players who will add quality and depth to the squad for next season and season after

I know we need them but if we're looking longer term we'd be better hoping we can survive this season rather than accept a heavily discounted sum now.

It does sound like the thing a penny pinching short term operator like Waggott might try though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So this summer ‘technically’ we should have a fair bit to spend.

I can see Szmodics going with possibly Carter also being off-loaded.

Raya - £5m

A Wharton - £15m (minimum)

Szmodics - £5m

Carter - £4m

Any normal club would be able to get a good 6/7 decent players with that with still plenty left over. 

deffo. We should be able some quality players from here with some championship experience but also from Overseas leagues

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

It wouldn't surprise me, if Szmodics was sold, a couple of hours before the  transfer window is closed ...

Replaced by someone on loan with the plaintiff excuse "It was too late to get anyone else in".

• Like 6

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I know we need them but if we're looking longer term we'd be better hoping we can survive this season rather than accept a heavily discounted sum now.

It does sound like the thing a penny pinching short term operator like Waggott might try though.

Its a couple of millions we would lose. Not alot when we are likely to cash in on Adam Wharton, Hayden Carter and possibly Sammie Szmodics in the summer for £25m plus 

They'll just tell you that we can't spend it due to FFP or 'easing pressure on the owners' and you'll accept it without question and insist it is right, the money disappears into running costs.

Been there. Done that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

deffo. We should be able some quality players from here with some championship experience but also from Overseas leagues

"Sigh"

So you think we'll no longer be under any restrictions by then?

• Like 1

So i guess we have three scenarios

1 Holy Crap scenario. Sell Wharton to Spurs or Palace for 15 million and actually get the money in time and get a decent amount to spend. Likelihood 10%
2 Now what do we do scenario.  sell our experienced striker to Birmingham for 2 million and dither about which donkey we can persuade to join us Likelihood 30%

3 Oh Well part 3 scenario. Nobody gets sold and we wait in hope until transfer forum page 666 on deadline minute plus five to pray the fax works to sign a rookie striker with plenty of promise from a Division 2 side. Likelihood 60%

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why do you think we could do that and why do you think Arsenal would want to do that?

Genuine question as I've not seen that suggested anywhere before?

Not that I believe this is a realistic possibility but..,

Wouldn’t we be dealing with Brentford rather than Arsenal?

ie. ‘You’ll owe us £5 million in the summer but we will take £3 million if we can have it        right now’

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its a couple of millions we would lose. Not alot when we are likely to cash in on Adam Wharton, Hayden Carter and possibly Sammie Szmodics in the summer for £25m plus 

A couple of million is a fortune to us at the moment. We can't afford £500 k for the guy from Crewe.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its about bringing players just not for this season but beyond. 

If we £5m from that Raya deal. That's gives you £5m to spend which would give you the chance to bring few signings 

For example 

Rajovic for £3m from Watford

O'Riordan for 500k from Crewe

Blackett-Taylor for 500k from Charlton

Cresswell on loan to buy in the summer from Leeds 

Julian Niehues on a pre contract for next season

What about their wages?

44 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Many posters keep saying the manager is going to "walk". Why spend the little money we have now when there will be somebody else in charge ?

Isn’t the whole idea of our current model that if the manager leaves the next one will play exactly the same way? 

If this is the case surely it doesn’t matter whose in charge when the player is signed**

**I think it matters and I expect you do too.

(I also doubt we will spend a single penny on fees this month)

I see Undav has hit 9 goals in 15 Bundesliga games this season. 
That was a huge turning point in our fortunes this time last year when he met Broughton and GB failed to convince him to come. He’d have got a bagful in our league.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, the Court would probably just say, you've got your £20m, you don't need to transfer any more money out of the Country now.

For this reason I don't expect any real business either in or out will be concluded until after the funding is approved but I have to say I'm not optimistic thereafter.

Especially with Broughton tasked with finding replacements.

What if the judge asks why we haven’t tried to raise money (through player sales) over the past three weeks?

51 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

So this summer ‘technically’ we should have a fair bit to spend.

I can see Szmodics going with possibly Carter also being off-loaded.

Raya - £5m

A Wharton - £15m (minimum)

Szmodics - £5m

Carter - £4m

Any normal club would be able to get a good 6/7 decent players with that with still plenty left over. 

We sold about 25 million quids worth of players towards the end of Bowyer/early Coyle era and then didn't spend a single fee for a few years.

Then it was only 200k on FFS Derek.!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we £5m from that Raya deal. That's gives you £5m to spend which would give you the chance to bring few signings 

For example 

Not a chance we will see much of that money.

Rajovic is a cart horse whilst we aren't getting knocked over in the rush for O'Riordan which tells you something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

For example 

Does this include agent fees, wages, signing on fees, bonuses, etc? Genuine question.

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

That was a huge turning point in our fortunes this time last year when he met Broughton and GB failed to convince him to come. He’d have got a bagful in our league.

coupled with lewis o`brien we would have sailed into the play offs,with incompetents like that on your staff the futures not bright😰

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He would have been a brilliant signing.

It was all agreed between the clubs but Undav wanted to stay and fight for his place at Brighton.

He went on to make 22 appearances and scored 5 premier league goals. You can’t really put the blame on GB for him not signing.

• Like 9