BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

Depends on whether we paid attention to the EFL’s guidance on this (I’m betting we didn’t)…

IMG_1483.thumb.jpeg.11a2170429bc05ddd25f00a51bf95fa5.jpeg

Might be an invoice going to Brentford now you have highlighted it.

9 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

So what's to stop a team from loaning out a player for a £30 million loan fee with a £1 million obligation to buy? 

I am still confused about the Raya loan deal and why Brentford agreed to a option to buy, unless Raya was adamant he wanted to go and/or, Brentford felt that the player had likely peaked in value and were desperate to do the deal.

Arsenal (and, I'm sure, others) have a record of testing rules of the game in transfers. This legal summary discusses how Arsenal inserted "anti-rival" sell-on clauses into player sales. When they sold Joel Campbell and Chuba Akpom, they inserted a sell-on of 10% for a UK club and 5% for a non-UK club.

The intent was to financially discourage the buying club from selling the player on to a domestic rival of Arsenal. The article goes on to discuss how Arsenal successfully challenged a ruling against such clauses - so, presumably, they are still valid and used now. 

https://www.linklaters.com/en/insights/blogs/sportinglinks/2022/january/play-on-cas-clarifies-the-permissibility-of-variable-sell-on-clauses-in-football-transfers

He isnt a natural goalscorer, its a natural instinct some strikers have to be in the right places at the right time and its difficult to coach it.

He chips in with close to double figures and implying that he does anything but try his hardest is totally unfair, his injuries are muscular and probably a direct result. He also gives us a physical threat and even though hes average hes leagues above the other strikers we have so talk of Christmas coming early if he goes is done with an agenda. No one can surely think hes not better than the other 3.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What's that link then?

Suggesting the permanent transfer will be sealed in the coming days? So it's set to be permanent?

Surely a more accurate way of posting would have been to post the link initially which actually states that the obligation conditions have been met but the timing of the deal is uncertain, which is something we already knew.

As it is, it misled numerous posters into thinking it was gospel that he had signed and subsequently that the club will now receive a few million.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

The next hearing will be towards the end of April and then the one in July. The judge doesn't trust Venkys to let it go longer than three months.

Isn't there also an election in India this year around May? I do wonder if that will have a potential knock on effect.

28 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Isn't there also an election in India this year around May? I do wonder if that will have a potential knock on effect.

There’s always a knock on effect where Venkeys is concerned.

That will be another reason they don’t invest next summer.

The circus never stops for them… Just like a merry go round, the continued shite they cause, just keeps going round and round and round and round and round and round….

1 hour ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

So what's to stop a team from loaning out a player for a £30 million loan fee with a £1 million obligation to buy? 

That's a great point. 

The structure of the Raya deal is £3m loan fee and balance of £27m if it becomes permanent so we wouldn't lose out that much but I bet no-one at this end considered that possibility when we sold him in the first place. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Wasn't the reason for the Raya deal being done this way all down to helping Brentford with FFP ?

Think it was the other way around, to help Arsenal with FFP. They can put the Raya purchase into next cycles figures, I remember them talking about it on the Athletic Tactics Podcast recently.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Think it was the other way around, to help Arsenal with FFP. They can put the Raya purchase into next cycles figures, I remember them talking about it on the Athletic Tactics Podcast recently.

It was definitely reported as for Arsenal's benefit. Although I imagine it benefits Brentford the same way. Just little old Rovers it shafts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

It was definitely reported as for Arsenal's benefit. Although I imagine it benefits Brentford the same way. Just little old Rovers it shafts.

It doesn't really benefit Brentford unless they made more out of it as a result of a loan fee. I don't mean in terms of how that impacts the sell-on clause, simply if Arsenal were willing to pay a little bit more to avoid FFP implications.

It helps Arsenal as it puts another relatively large fee into a different window.