BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

An inkling. The magic number is 25M and they’re at 22M. They’ve this morning signed a right back and a striker, so Adam will be their priority. 

Agreed.

If there's at least a 20% sell-on included, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the £18m + £4m in add-ons.

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

An inkling. The magic number is 25M and they’re at 22M. They’ve this morning signed a right back and a striker, so Adam will be their priority. 

'They' being Palace?

I don't think he wants to go there.

Just now, Banksy said:

Apparently Adam is having his medical at Palace today, could be codswallop but information passed from a supposed friend of the family. 

At least we're not doing it on deadline day, guess that's a positive.

I'm gutted personally.

But signs of where we're at as a club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Didn't they turn Wednesdays bid down though.,?

If it's the same bid can't see it getting accepted but hope I'm wrong 😄

Have to agree. What's the point of "matching" another Club's bid whether that bid has been turned down or not. Surely you lodge a slightly improved bid.

Tells me we're not that serious but trying to create the impression of doing something

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Surely we don't sell both Wharton & Gallagher this Window?

No,  we'll no doubt sell the potential future superstar and keep the £16k p.w. donkey.

If it was the other way round I'd be ecstatic.

• Like 2

Is it me or does Yates and or McGuire not fix the problem that we are painfully slow in transition and still have no genuine pace out wide. What's point in signing a big forward like McGuire or having Gally up front if there's no one who can beat a full back and deliver? 

Moran and Sigurdson certainly aren't wingers. It's the one big thing that would have the biggest impact on our side, having outlets and genuine pace on the wings. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Banksy said:

Apparently Adam is having his medical at Palace today, could be codswallop but information passed from a supposed friend of the family. 

Dreadful move for Wharton if it comes off imo, could hardly be worse for him.

Even if they stay up for the next couple of seasons Woy won't be there long for starters and the next bloke may not fancy him.

Or a chance for a massive pay rise whilst having a realistic chance of a decent amount of Premier League football alongside some other really talented young players. Rather than staying here in a team treading water in the bottom half of the Championship whose owners have gone AWOL.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The rumour around me in the Jack Walker is that he's probably staying until the summer.

Strong rumour he is signing for Palace today for £22m

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Agreed.

If there's at least a 20% sell-on included, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the £18m + £4m in add-ons.

Me neither sadly, my argument is it should at least be a record fee received before we even start to entertain the idea.

I'd want £25m guaranteed personally, but i'd also want him back on loan until the end of the season being greedy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Me neither sadly, my argument is it should at least be a record fee received before we even start to entertain the idea.

I'd want £25m guaranteed personally, but i'd also want him back on loan until the end of the season being greedy.

£18 million is a record fee for us isn't it?

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Or a chance for a massive pay rise whilst having a realistic chance of a decent amount of Premier League football alongside some other really talented young players. Rather than staying here in a team treading water in the bottom half of the Championship whose owners have gone AWOL.

Exactly .Moving to palace didn't do Eze any harm.

I don't want him to go but I do think Palace would be a good move for him rather than moving to say Chelsea if anything in that rumour.

Still hoping we hang on till summer a strong finish to the season and a decent showing v Newcastle would only add interest and value.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have to agree. What's the point of "matching" another Club's bid whether that bid has been turned down or not. Surely you lodge a slightly improved bid.

Tells me we're not that serious but trying to create the impression of doing something

Could depend on how the deal is structured.  How much up front, how much in add ons (and when are they triggered etc) sell on fees etc.

Would we take £25M for Adam Wharton?  Probably.  Would we take £25M spread over 25 years?  Probably not

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Dreadful move for Wharton if it comes off imo, could hardly be worse for him.

Even if they stay up for the next couple of seasons Woy won't be there long for starters and the next bloke may not fancy him.

Palace fans don't seem to think he would be a Hodgson type of player.