SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limp Bizkit's latest offering "Results may vary" isn't bad at all. It certainly doesn't derserve some of the slatings its had. It does lack some of the attitude and anger that jumps off Chocolate Starfish but its still got some decent hard edged LB stuff such as Eat You Alive and Creamer (radio is dead). Plus its got the other single Behind Blue Eyes which is an excellent mellow metal angst track and Down Another Day is another "feel my pain" classic. If you're the pretentious type who can;t be seen to listen to anything mildly hackneyed or cliched you'll probably hate this. But if you're a fan of the nu metal genre and aren't too far up your own arse then I think you'll like it.

Hmmm, am I an "up-my-arse pretentious type" because I can't stand listening to possibly the worst singer in the world (with possibly the biggest ego in the world) whining/"rapping" over drop-tuned guitar murdering all backed by some fool knob-twiddling in the background?

For pure genius combined with absolute energy you can't beat The Wedding Present.

George Best, Bizarro and Seamonsters are three of the finest albums ever made!

Couldn't agree more.

George Best and Bizarro were quality and Anyone Can Make A Mistake is one of my favourite all time songs.

Went to see them 10 times in the late 80's and they were 1 hour of pure energy and noise, mixed with David Gedge's unique humour.

No encores and off home. When asked why he didn't do encores he used to say, 'if Fanny Craddock made a beautiful tasting cake would you ask her to make you another?'.

Totally profound.

• 2 weeks later...
Because they stopped making slightly more hard-edged (but still appalling) music in favour of tracks that would do well in the singles charts (such as the ear-raping song Rolling) in order to get them more album sales and, subsequently, money.

Because they stopped making slightly more hard-edged (but still appalling) music in favour of tracks that would do well in the singles charts (such as the ear-raping song Rolling) in order to get them more album sales and, subsequently, money.

you forgot the bit about building songs around swearing to sell to the kiddies

Has anyone heard, or listen to Jeff Buckley these days. He was the son of Tom Buckley, famous 60's song writer, made two albums late 80's early 90's, one of them a live album. IN my opinion his album 'Grace' is one of the best albums ever made. He died at 27 drowning in a river on the way down to make his 2nd studio album. Shame no-one seems to have heard about him apart from me.....prove me wrong please

For pure genius combined with absolute energy you can't beat The Wedding Present.

George Best, Bizarro and Seamonsters are three of the finest albums ever made!

Couldn't agree more.

George Best and Bizarro were quality and Anyone Can Make A Mistake is one of my favourite all time songs.

Went to see them 10 times in the late 80's and they were 1 hour of pure energy and noise, mixed with David Gedge's unique humour.

No encores and off home. When asked why he didn't do encores he used to say, 'if Fanny Craddock made a beautiful tasting cake would you ask her to make you another?'.

Totally profound.

The Wedding Present were, in my own humble opinion, one of this countries finest and most underrated bands.

Despite their bad press I bought every album and love them all. George Best and Bizarro are their finest moments though I have to agree.

Only saw them the once - in Carlisle of all places. Tremendous stuff.

Wonder where Dave Gedge is these days?

I myself went through a bit of Limp Bizkit stage in my formative 'proper' music years. I even made the mistake of buying the appalling Significant Other. The only good thing about that album was the artwork. Having listened to it again recently after a long gap I must say that it the cover is the only good thing about that particular effort.

Has anyone heard, or listen to Jeff Buckley these days. He was the son of Tom Buckley, famous 60's song writer, made two albums late 80's early 90's, one of them a live album. IN my opinion his album 'Grace' is one of the best albums ever made. He died at 27 drowning in a river on the way down to make his 2nd studio album. Shame no-one seems to have heard about him apart from me.....prove me wrong please

He's got a pretty big cult following here in the states (and not just one of the cults, a great many of the cults follow him). Might be able to find some good websites on him.