SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a listen to Kasabian doing a cover of Prodigys - Out of Space.

Can you tell the difference?

Click Click

What's the Kasabian album like? I'm thinking of buying it. Usually I get recommendations from a friend, although he reads NME so one must be wary.

I hated it when I first bought it however, after giving it a chance its pretty good. Worth a buy in my opinion

Ok, feeling more like myself now, Mother Earth by Within Tempatation is an great symphonic metal album, Sharon den Adel has a beautiful voice. And now I hear Nightwish are playing the Glasgow Academy in February.....sweet.

PS, Snow Patrol keep getting called a Scottish band....why? huh.gif

And Franz chuffing Ferdinand...... three of them are English! It's ok, we don't want them, take them back....please?

What's the Kasabian album like? I'm thinking of buying it. Usually I get recommendations from a friend, although he reads NME so one must be wary.

Think of The Stone Roses, then remove any shred of originality or invention. Hey Presto! you are now imagining the sound of Kasabian.

The Killers somebody told me.All on very heavy rotation all class tunes

Seconded, outstanding song, unbelieveably good album. Exactly what you'd expect from hearing the singles(don't know if that's a good or a bad thing) with not one song that is discernably inferior to the others, it contributed to displacing All is Dream from my CD changer, after a residence of about 5 years...

As for whoever mentioned S**tknot in a positive light, may you roast in the burning flames of hell while demons repeatedly stick large objects where the sun don't shine for ever. Worst 'band' ever

Think of The Stone Roses, then remove any shred of originality or invention. Hey Presto! you are now imagining the sound of Kasabian.

Sorry, but that is just a lazy view of what is one of the albums of the decade. Also one of the finest live acts I've seen in a long time ( and I've seen the lot!)

Radaghast - i agree about RJD, in my opinion the finest Rainbow and Black Sabbath contained the poisoned dwarf's voice

RJD - His new stuff isn't half bad, either. Heard a couple tracks, better than a lot of the 80s metal comebacks. His old stuff is great.

Muse - Finally heard one of their songs today (maybe Falling Down? I forget now). Pretty good, though the singers' voice is a little whiny. Probably will check out some more of their stuff, though.

RJD - His new stuff isn't half bad, either. Heard a couple tracks, better than a lot of the 80s metal comebacks. His old stuff is great.

Muse - Finally heard one of their songs today (maybe Falling Down? I forget now). Pretty good, though the singers' voice is a little whiny. Probably will check out some more of their stuff, though.

'Angelic' you mean!

They have just cracked America, try get hold of Absolution, and also Showbiz. Origin Of Symmetry is the least powerful of the two.

Sorry, but that is just a lazy view of what is one of the albums of the decade. Also one of the finest live acts I've seen in a long time ( and I've seen the lot!)

Lazy perhaps, but it does contain a grain of truth. Most of the bands knocking around today are pale imitations of their musical forebears. Kasabian, Keane, Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Muse, The Darkness, The Strokes, whoever. You name it and it's been done before, by someone infinitely more talented. What I hate most about the modern music scene is the lack of invention displayed by new bands, a symptom of the vogue for all things retro and recycled which afflicts the whole spectrum of popular culture (be it music, films, books, etc.). Those artists who continue to plough their own lonely furrow of artistic invention (the likes of the Super Furry Animals, Mercury Rev, The Beastie Boys - to name three off the top of my head) have all been around forever, and all have a sound that is uniquely theirs. The new darlings of the "alternative" scene seem content to churn out a never ending stream of MTV friendly, indie-lite elevator muzak, or so it seems to my ears. I dunno; punk is dead, dance is dead, what comes next? This is all just my opinion of course, but there you go. Damn. I think I just got old.

Got to be honest, at the gig back in August the stuff from the new album (Master Of The Moon) was the least impressive - like most of his nineties stuff, all mid-tempo with no real fast or slow bits. The Angry Machines album is particularly guilty of that. Awesome gig though, I hope I can still think straight when I'm Ronnie's age, never mind sing like he does. smile.gif

Good 80s metal comebacks that spring to mind - Iron Maiden (more or less 80 comeback albums), Exodus, Angel Dust

...and some bad ones - Judas Priest (Jugulator, a sad, sad attempt to jump on the thrash metal movement 10 years too late) and Metallica (St. Anger, of which we will never speak again)

I finally got around to listening to the Stone Roses ph34r.gif

I've been listening to lots of Supergrass over the past few months... I saw them in concert in Melbourne a few weeks ago.

I really rate them... what do you guys think?

Anyone know where i can get eminems new album Encore? It isnt out till the 17th of November, but surely someone must have a copy

not available yet, will let you know when it is

LeChuck...... SHUT IT laugh.gif

Will it be b4 release date? Whens it likely, any ideas?

Anyone know where i can get eminems new album Encore? It isnt out till the 17th of November, but surely someone must have a copy

not available yet, will let you know when it is

LeChuck...... SHUT IT laugh.gif

Will it be b4 release date? Whens it likely, any ideas?

not right sure sometimes they get leaked pretty early

not really into that anymore but if i hear of anyone with it i wil tell ya