BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

tickets !!

1864roverite

I ahve just been to Ewood today to pick up my tickets for tonites game as they were not posted.

Whilst enquiring about tickets I asked if I could purchase another ticket for the Celtic game being a season ticket holder. The lady agreed to sell me another ticket and set about her computer.

She then told me that as I had purchased over 30 away tickets over the past two season and purchased every cup game both home and away in the same period IWAS NOT ENTITLED TO BUY ANOTHER TICKET !!

I was dumbfounded when she told me that in order to get another ticket I had to purchase home league tickets !! My explanation to her that as a season ticket holder I didnt buy home league games tickets was simply not good enough !!

Talk about shooting one self in the foot !

Surely I must be able to get another ticket for the home leg on my ticket purchasing for away games/cup games however this is not even being considered byt he club.

Anyone else any views on this ??

Blackburnender

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not allowing season ticket holders to purchase extra tickets for the Celtic game is simply one way of ensuring 2 things:-

1..Fans who buy their tickets on a per-match basis should be able to get a ticket without them all being snapped up by S.T.H.s for their friends.

2..S.T.H.s are probably the ones most likely to purchase tickets for Celtic fans, so by not selling to them it's one less way for Celtic fans to infiltrate the home areas of the ground.

I know that not being allowed to buy extra tickets, even though I'm a season ticket holder, saves me from being hasselled by all and sundry whenever a big game arises. It saves me from having to say "No" and putting noses out of joint.

It doesn't mean its right though, does it?   ???

I ahve just been to Ewood today to pick up my tickets for tonites game as they were not posted.

Whilst enquiring about tickets I asked if I could purchase another ticket for the Celtic game being a season ticket holder. The lady agreed to sell me another ticket and set about her computer.

She then told me that as I had purchased over 30 away tickets over the past two season and purchased every cup game both home and away in the same period IWAS NOT ENTITLED TO BUY ANOTHER TICKET !!

I was dumbfounded when she told me that in order to get another ticket I had to purchase home league tickets !! My explanation to her that as a season ticket holder I didnt buy home league games tickets was simply not good enough !!

Surely I must be able to get another ticket for the home leg on my ticket purchasing for away games/cup games however this is not even being considered byt he club.

Blackburnender

Pabby I got the same reply but on the phone

But they did say if you send something in writing you will probably get what you need if there are any left by then

Blackburnender

Write to or contact Secretary Tom Finn directly at the Club explaining the problem and giving details of the intended recipients.

It's no wonder we struggle to sell out with such ridiculously restrictive regulations.

Why should people who purchase tickets on a match by match basis be allowed to purchase extra tickets when the main core of our support, 16,000 ST holders, can't?

I would have thought the last thing a season ticket holder would do is buy a ticket and sell it to a 'wegie. I can't understand that policy, to be honest. It makes me hanker for the days when you could decide whether to go an hour and a half before the kick-off and meet all your mates by pillar 4.

My Dad's a season ticket holder and he got me a ticket along with his last week because I did exactly what RB suggests (though I spoke to Tom finn's secretary) - couldn't have been more helpful.

I'm not sure I understand this "who should/shouldn't be allowed to buy the tickets we never sell normally" thing. They are being bought for people like me who can't/don't go on a regular basis - that's why we sell out some games and not others

When it's well known that 10,000 Celts will travel to Lancashire without tickets, I cannot applaud the Rovers enough for ensuring that home fans are not pestered and annoyed by infiltrating Scots.

As has been shown time and time again, genuine fans coming from abroad are accomodated by the club - they are doing everthing possible to ensure home fans can enjoy the game in comfort and people are still complaining.

Wise up folks - do you really know anyone who deserves a ticket and can't get one ?? !!

....S.T.H.s are probably the ones most likely to purchase tickets for Celtic fans, so by not selling to them it's one less way for Celtic fans to infiltrate the home areas of the ground....

Moderation Mode Off

PABBY, I'd say you owe around 16000 Season Ticket holders an apology for that insult. Words fail me....we are amongst the clubs most loyal supporters and those LEAST likely to act in this way. Are you aware any ST holder selling on a Celtic ticket faces losing their ST?

On 1864's point I bought 3 extras the first day they went on open sale simply by explaining I was an ST holder and I have a history of buying extra tickets. I've never had a similar request turned down.

I didn't say I was entitled to extra tickets, I said I got them without a problem..........as it happens I got one for someone who was really struggling to get hold of a ticket, and is travelling from overseas for this game and two others for friends of mine who visit about 10 - 12 times a season. As I usually organise their tickets for them it means my history is better than theirs.....and tickets are on open sale to anyone with a history, mine goes back a long way.

....S.T.H.s are probably the ones most likely to purchase tickets for Celtic fans, so by not selling to them it's one less way for Celtic fans to infiltrate the home areas of the ground....

Moderation Mode Off

PABBY, I'd say you owe around 16000 Season Ticket holders an apology for that insult. Words fail me....we are amongst the clubs most loyal supporters and those LEAST likely to act in this way. Are you aware any ST holder selling on a Celtic ticket faces losing their ST?

On 1864's point I bought 3 extras the first day they went on open sale simply by explaining I was an ST holder and I have a histiry of buying extra tickets.

Paul ... I'd say he owes about 15,500 of them an apology ... season ticket holders and idiots are not mutually exclusive though

Moderation Mode Off

On 1864's point I bought 3 extras the first day they went on open sale simply by explaining I was an ST holder and I have a histiry of buying extra tickets.

Paul ... I'd say he owes about 15,500 of them an apology ... season ticket holders and idiots are not mutually exclusive though

Thank you Tris, i take it that comment was directed at me.

Perhaps you can then give a sensible explanation as to why a pay per match person who might regularly buy several tickets in their own name for unspecified friends should be able to purchase extra tickets, whereas the lifeblood of the Club,  season ticket holders can not?

Perhaps a backlash from that Citah game where it was obvious that a lot of STH's had actually sold on their tickets for large amounts of money.

As this is not the last game of the season it hopefully won't happen, but from that particular event someSTH's preferred their wallets to a sense of honour to Rovers.

For those of you who quite obviously are 'up for a bit' of mass infiltration make a note of Sunday 17th November in your diarys. Everton have already sold their allocation of 5,000 and there ain't no restrictions on bying tickets for this one. Anybody who is critical of Rovers big game ticketing policy should come back and debate their point after that match.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the policy appears to be that those fans who have a record of purchasing tickets on a regular basis can get a ticket.  They can buy 2 tickets if they regularly buy 2 tickets.

These rules seem fair to me.  If you’re a season ticket holder but regularly buy additional tickets (like Paul does) you should have no problem getting additional tickets for this game (like Paul again).

If you’re a STH and you never buy additional tickets, why do you want one now?

If you're a season ticket holder you're guaranteed your seat. Why do you need another one, or think yourself entitled for that matter?

Because we agree to give the club a lot of money over the season - in my case £500 (paying by direct debit) - plus making the effort to go to as many games gives us the feeling that the club should treat us slightly better than those fans - for whatever reason - dont go to many games.

I wasnt a season ticket holder last season and agreed that they should get priority theyve made the effort both physically and economically to support their club so why shouldnt they get some perks - and they should be able to get other seats (just reread your post and will actually get back to the point :sarc:  ) due to reasons above, one or two more tickets - yes 5+ is taking the @#/?

The point about Rovers' supporters missing out on the big game is a valid one - but it's been happening for years at every club. Three of us are going down to cheer on Blackburn as we occasionally do - it's a little arrangement we've got with our Blackburn mates - we visit them and they in turn enjoy the odd day out at Ibrox.

I sympathise when I hear someone misses out but then I look at the ticket allocation - Celtic getting almost a quarter of the ground while Blackburn received a twentieth  of the allocation at Parkhead - and suddenly I don't feel so bad. There's no doubt in my mind Blackburn could've given Celtic 3000 tickets and comfortably sold out the ground and although it's a shame that some regulars might miss out, there will always be fair weathered supporters who obtain tickets - in this instance it's the three of us...

P.S - When I say fair-weathered supporters, I mean in the Blackburn sense. We are regular supporters elsewhere...

Non-STH have to be on the database for having bought tickets for games this season and last season - thats only for the number of seats they purchased at a time - not one for each stub they have.

For instance as I was a season ticket holder last year and a non sth this year but have only bought tickets for myself this year I am entitled to 1 celtic ticket although I have been to every home game this season and several away games.

This policy ensures that non-STH who are regular attenders all get tickets rather than someone with a bunch of stubs getting a bunch of tickets for him and all his mates who haven't been regularly.

Perhaps a backlash from that Citah game where it was obvious that a lot of STH's had actually sold on their tickets for large amounts of money.

As this is not the last game of the season it hopefully won't happen, but from that particular event someSTH's preferred their wallets to a sense of honour to Rovers.

Personally i think the city thing has always been something of a myth, the city fans who where in away sections, were actually accomadating parts of the ground where rovers fans never sat that season.

Personally i think the city thing has always been something of a myth, the city fans who where in away sections, were actually accomadating parts of the ground where rovers fans never sat that season.

I take it that was intended as a joke?

You shouldn't be , Tony. A sizeable proportion of our fans are kids and women who may think that this game could be a little too rowdy !

Any "neutrals" who fancy taking their place probably won't qualify for a ticket. Not an easy problem to solve.

You shouldn't be , Tony. A sizeable proportion of our fans are kids and women who may think that this game could be a little too rowdy !

Tut tut Blue Phil, sexist!

If there is any bother I'll be hiding behind the wife and daughter. Any Celtic supporter who wants to take on that combination has my blessing and I'll send flowers to the hospital  :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.