BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Years Season Tickets

I'm not renewing mine.

Apart from the first day of the season it has been abysmal watching Rovers at home. I pray for a point when I get to Ewood, I gave up on actually getting three points long ago. I'm also thinking of moving away and commuting from Cambs just aint an option.

I know several rovers supporters that dont go anymore, its not because they are rubbish fans, my mum totters around in various rovers jumpers, has rovers everything, but when I ask her to come down to Ewood she doesnt.

the reason is simple....

Our football is dull, ineffective, several first teamers just either arent up to the grade, or dont try, and it seems our manager has lot the plot with crazy tactical decisions.

If we get relegated this season, it will be the beginning of the end and why? Because we sold our best player, spent the money on tripe, and the team didnt care about our club.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the price of it all that's putting people off . I'd have gone to watch L'pool tomorrow , but at £29 a ticket it's just too much (when the 2 kids demand to go as well ) . I'm with Abbey on this , it's getting to the point were too many of the players are taking the pi33 . £500 for season tickets I spend - I might be on next years flight to Denver as well.... cool.gif

I'd have gone to watch L'pool tomorrow , but at £29 a ticket it's just too much (when the 2 kids demand to go as well ) . I'm with Abbey on this , it's getting to the point were too many of the players are taking the pi33 . £500 for season tickets I spend - I might be on next years flight to Denver as well.... cool.gif

I wouldnt bother tomorrow. biggrin.gif

In last night LET John Williams mentioned that meetings were taking place in regards to next seasons season tickets. Rather surprisingly he also said he expected sales to remain the same or even increase.

Unless Williams has some marketing initiatives up his sleeve, I cannot understand why he expects ticket sales to increase this summer.

Last year they declined despite a momentous season in 2002-03 so after the miserable performances at Ewood Park this term there is no logical reason why they should increase.

If we somehow manage to survive this season I would expect to see another decline or about 5 to 10 per cent because people know they can pick their matches and turn up and pay on the day.

Relegation could see a decline of 25 per cent or more.

Don't be surprised if ST holders drop by 3 - 5000 for next season unless the club come up with a massive incentive to renew. We WILL be renewing come what may. The only reason I could find for not renewing would be finance - if we had the misfortune to be Chelsea fans, for example, four STs would be totally out of the question.

All fans live in hope of the next season, next game. If you plan to go to every home game the benefits of the ST are still very good.

To give an idea of what we're up against, check out this info from Jez Moxey - Chief Exec of Wolves - from tonight's Premiership.

Wolves opened sales in March for NEXT seasons Season Tickets.

In two weeks they sold 17,500.

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the top.

Now Rovers look to have assured their Premiership place for next year have any of the 'will not renew' brigade changed their minds?

I think it should be of great concern to everybody connected with the club that we make sure ticket sales do not fall too much as this will have a massive detrimental effect on the whole club next season I fear.

The club must start to 'self finance' and that's up to the good folk of Blackburn.

Wolves have now sold 19,000+ tickets for Div 1.........

SUPPORT YOUR CLUB!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

May see how we go.(Summer staff turnover etc.)

No way am I paying over £400 for the rubbish they served up this season.

With the 'special offers' and always missing at least one match per season for holidays it is more economical to buy match tickets as we go along.

Maybe a half season ticket if they are playing decent stuff come Christmas.

Wolves have now sold 19,000+ tickets for Div 1.........

SG194

This is a great bug bear of mine that other clubs do and we don't - getting Season Ticket sales early.

Said it for years and years why we can't do this?

Unfortunately for the Rovers, the seed has been sown this season (way before the slump -although we could have done things to rectify it before the last two weeks) and unless there is a major incentive or reduction in prices, as I have said on other threads - JW and the Board better be prepared for the impact.

Personally, I feel we will be slow to hit the 10k mark never mind 12k - so unless something major happens re prices or signings then I feel JW is conning himself into thinking there will be anything but worry on the S/T side of sales.

I'll be renewing mine, but it is now getting to the stage where even I have to start thinking about the cost of tickets.

Wolves have now sold 19,000+  tickets for Div 1.........

SG194

This is a great bug bear of mine that other clubs do and we don't - getting Season Ticket sales early.

Said it for years and years why we can't do this?

Unfortunately for the Rovers, the seed has been sown this season (way before the slump -although we could have done things to rectify it before the last two weeks) and unless there is a major incentive or reduction in prices, as I have said on other threads - JW and the Board better be prepared for the impact.

Personally, I feel we will be slow to hit the 10k mark never mind 12k - so unless something major happens re prices or signings then I feel JW is conning himself into thinking there will be anything but worry on the S/T side of sales.

I'll be renewing mine, but it is now getting to the stage where even I have to start thinking about the cost of tickets.

I think to be fair, Rovers were not in a position to put a season ticket package together as we were not sure of which league we would be playing in.

I'm told the Season Ticket package for next year has now been finalised, it would be nice if Rovers could at least get the info out at tomorrows game.

That said, Rovers are going absolutely nothing to convince people WHY they should get a season ticket next season, as there are no extra benefits at all. Miss a couple of games and the card would have worked out cheaper, I already know for a fact I will miss at least 2 home games plus the 3rd round of the FA Cup next year.

Playing reserve games at Morecambe is a joke, and after seeing where Boro play their reserve games, then they have no excuse not to find somewhere more local (Accy Stanley ?). I know they are working hard to add other benefits to the season ticket package, but none of it appears to be any use to myself.

I think they may be in for a major shock with season tickets (ie < 10000) obviously keeping our current run going will be the best advertisement, but people have been genuinely disappointed with what they have seen at home this year.

Agreed Capt but it still amazes me how clubs roughly similar in size to Rovers,Wolves and WBA are good example's, can have an awful season culminating in relegation yet still sell 19,000+ season tickets!!

Are their supporters more loyal,passionate,about their respective clubs or just have more money than sense?

Anything less than 12-13k sales will be disastrous for a club in the top flight.

Getting a bit over the top here. Everybody knows that we have had a bad season but I don’t think we’ll be losing out to 3,000/5,000 season ticket holders not renewing.

There will be some Rovers fans that aren’t happy with some games and understandably so but I would expect around 2,000 not to renew next season.

It’s a shame, we have had bad performances although injuries have hit us hard that’s another matter.

14,000 season ticket holders I would expect at the minimum next season.

By the way Man City have sold 32,000 season tickets so far for next season’s campaign regardless of what division they will be playing in next season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.