BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Years Season Tickets

In last night LET John Williams mentioned that meetings were taking place in regards to next seasons season tickets. Rather surprisingly he also said he expected sales to remain the same or even increase. Personally I feel that's utter claptrap. Assuming we stay up ( not counting any chickens) most probably they will decrease, maybe even more than last year's 1500 drop.

With this in mind how do we bridge that loss in revenue.

1. Lower prices in the hope that this encourages a greater number to renew. Result - Never going to happen, Top tenner tickets hardly increases the attendance now so reducing seasonticket prices will have a corresponding reduction in revenue.

2. Increase prices drastically - screw the fans who like a drug 'need' the Rovers experience. Result - Probably work, but would totally alienate an extremely large number of fans. So less attendances year on year. This is an extremely short sighted plan.

3. Offer 2,3,5 and 10 year seasontickets. This would bridge the current years reduction in revenue but the club would be gambling with the next few years revenue as some people don't need to renew for a couple of years. If JW could get the balance right then if Rovers had a very good season next year the potential to get fans back would be great.

I can't think of any other ways to get extra revenue, so I think using option 3 would be the best way of getting it back, but with the proviso of using any extra money generated to pay off any debts or invest to accrue more money.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they surely cant decrease prices. We already have very cheap season ticket prices. They could increase and put them more into the price bracket of most premiership clubs. But i think JW likes this cheap premiership football thing. He seems a bit too confident about staying up for my liking aswell, hes going to jinx us.

Well they surely cant decrease prices. We already have very cheap season ticket prices. They could increase and put them more into the price bracket of most premiership clubs. But i think JW likes this cheap premiership football thing. He seems a bit too confident about staying up for my liking aswell, hes going to jinx us.

Well he's hardly going to breakdown and cry screaming "We're Doomed, doooooooooooooomed."

Having said that maybe he did but asked them not to report it blink.gifunsure.gif

Edited by Exiled_Rover

what about doing something similar to leeds - selling season tickets for forthcoming years at once at a cut price. there would be a loss in the long term but if relegation were to come we would garuntee a great deal of season tickets and raise a lump sum of cash, which would be useful in the first division and in the premiership.

I`m not a season ticket holder & i don`t get to all the games, but can i ask

'if i did buy a season ticket (say for the blackburn end?)

just how much money would i save instead of buying tickets for each individual game?'

Is it a large amount?

curious? blink.gif

I`m not a season ticket holder & i don`t get to all the games, but can i ask

'if i did buy a season ticket (say for the blackburn end?)

just how much money would i save instead of buying tickets for each individual game?'

Is it a large amount?

curious? blink.gif

Presume 7x Cat C, 6x Cat B, 6x Cat A.

Cat c = £23, Cat B = £25, Cat C = £28

Total Match Day price = £479.

Season Ticket is £415 this time I think....

Minus from the 479 the discounts available from the card - make this 3 lots of 5 stickers savings you sixty quid = saving of £4!!

But the above is based on presumptions, I have no idea how many of each Catergory games there is, nor does it include the £1 booking fee for over the phone for each ticket, each game, nor does it include all but guaranteed away tickets, nor the discount on club merchandise.

I know it's been mentioned before, but another way to do it is to do a partial season ticket plan of say, 10 matches. Include all the big name teams and then a couple of the lesser teams and round out with some other matches (say, the big 3, Liverpool, the 3 promotion teams, Bolton, City and Birmingham).

Another way would be to do a flex ticket package where you would buy a strip of 10 or 20 tickets that you could use in any combo for any match. Say bring the family of 4 to a few matches and go to the rest yourself.

me thinks the plan will be to FREEZE the ticket prices.

the reason may well be that Rovers have no massive outlay in signing on fees and bonus payments like the previous years (if we are to believe JW intentions). So the actual wage turnover begins a sharp decrease this financial year.

So it may be quite a positive move to freeze them or similar introduce another bonus for longstanding season ticket holders but at the same time offering an incentive to renewing/first time buyers.

I sincerely hope they are not planning for anationwide season cause we would never get out of it unsure.gif

There is no way the club can increase the prices of season tickets for next season.

From this year`s home record, it is obvious that a number of fans won`t be renewing next season, and it`s hardly a surprise.

I`ll renew mine, but I would be extremely surprised to see if the season ticket prices did increase at all.

At Leeds, they`ve opted for this scheme where you have a 10 year season ticket, but works out cheaper somehow, don`t know the full details.

tinykit.gif

Mines gone up to just under £600 at St Mary's....bloody joke just to watch 19 Premiership games!

Speaks volumes this does....

Southampton fans are paid too much! laugh.gif

But seriously, it does make our £410 or whatever seem a bargain.

Mines gone up to just under £600 at St Mary's....bloody joke just to watch 19 Premiership games!

Well I would think twice about paying £31.50 a game to watch Rovers, this season, let alone pay that much to watch Southampton.

But seriously, it does make our £410 or whatever seem a bargain.

bargain??home games this season work out at about 150 quid a win.And after that shower of overpaiddontgivetwofigsaboutstayinguploadofprimadonnaloadofhorseshite on Satyrday I am toying with the idea of getting my season ticket application and sending it back with a dear john shove it up yer arse letter and for the money i save i can go to denver and wath them twice a season and if they lose and play ###### at least i will get it over with 2 visits.

I risked my job on Saturday to watch that "performence" as i sneaked off 7!!!!!!hours early from a 12 hour shift in newcastle.

bargain??/think they should give free tickets out to 20 games next season!!

C'mon Abbey,

We pay to get entry to watch a game, not to see the team win. No guarantee of that.

They were completely French Connection tummy rubbish on Saturday though.

col and wazza being 100% seriuos ,totally naffed and pished off with the overpaid money stealers.

Me too,

All part of being a football club supporter though isn't it?

Sorry to be so bloody philosophical, we're not down yet and, thank Allah, (hee hee hee) Brian Kidd isn't in charge.

it is col ,but im so pised off with them earning 20,30 or whatever k they are on and not putting the effort or performence in .They earn more in a month than I can make in 5 -10 years HARD WORK ,including missing out on the wife and kids whilst i work away.That on Saturday would have my my pops spinning in his grave.Why should we pay out for so called entertainment that just isnt good enough.

the scales are balanced......18 rovers home games on a season ticket or

2 Bronco games and the odd tenner game.

IM DEFO DISSILLUSIONED

it is col ,but im so pised off with them earning 20,30 or whatever k they are on and not putting the effort or performence in .They earn more in a month than I can make in 5 -10 years HARD WORK

IM DEFO DISSILLUSIONED

Interesting comments those Abbey which I think sum up the feelings of many supporters including the die-hards.

I am extremely disillusioned with the obscene amount of money in football.

For the first time I am finding it hard to justify to myself shelling out £400+ for the 'privilege' of watching football.

But clubs prey on people like me and assume that we will turn up and buy season tickets because we love the club - don't be too sure!!

Edited by mjs

And here begins the fascinating balancing act between supply and demand.

Abbey is contemplating dropping his season ticket for other entertainment spend (Denver) in the knowledge he'll still get into Ewood when he wants to or chooses to.

As a London based Rovers fan, if there was the slightest risk I'd not be able to get into Ewood when I wanted to, I'd pay for a season ticket - even if I only used it 9 times out of 19. However (as Sat proved) I can sit exactly where I want to even if I turn up at the ticket office 22 mins before KO.

I had lunch with a Chelsea ST holder today, who pays over £800 for the 19 league games. Not a bad seat but not the best. This is the first year in the last 5 where he hasn't had to pay IN FULL for his next ST by the end of March !! A great Ruse by Ken Bates to fill the coffers for a summer of transfer spending - and it worked.

If Ewood held 10,000 we'd all do the same to ensure we could get in.

rover.gif People mention Leeds are offering 10 year season tickets. Who says Leeds will be around in 5 years let alone 10!!!!

Bradford City offered 25 year season tickets 3 years ago for a bargain £2000. They sold approx 1000 of them bringing in 2million. The local papers in Bradford tel you now that they may well go into liquidation at the end of the season. It doesnt look a bargain anymore to have bought a 25 year season ticket.

Obviously i hope they continue as a football club, but the warning signs are there for anyone.

Second point the guy promoting the 10 year season ticket at Elland Rd is no other than Geoffrey Richmond,the person who put Bradford into the brown and smelly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.