BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

Poverty can make anyone desperate. To bad it had to be a Ukrainian since I am part Ukie. I hope it does not give hooligans the opportunity to start fights with Ukrainian soccer fans in August.

i'm ashamed to say that some portuguese people has taken advantage of some immigrants.

They work and sometimes don't get paid.

I hate that. mad.gif

What would have been the tabloid reaction if the murderer had been caught by England fans and given a DESERVED beating,........

ENGLISH HOOLIGANS ATTACK INNOCENT BYSTANDER IN ANOTHER NIGHT OF SHAMEFUL VIOLENCE

Mmmmm you maybe closer to knowing than you know it just wasn't reported SG194 .... dry.gif

Got back from Portugal on Wednesday night and after an absolute brilliant day and Tuesday morning brought to light this terrible news. All I can say is that this was not an isolated incident, and other 'incidents' with immigrants had happened prior to this tragedy

We had decided to bypass going back to Rossio square after the match, due to the nightmare of getting away from the ground and the delays on the metro, and with us not staying in Lisbon decided to head back to the main bus station and have a drink there in order to catch the last bus to Setubal. My mate was hassled (amongst many others) on Monday afternoon and we think this may be the same guy, who co-incidently 'wanted a fight' when money was refused to be handed over.

We were going back into Lisbon anyway on Tueday so went to the square to pay our respects and lay some flowers. Most reports, appear to have the facts - but having spoke to his friends and fellow Wolves fans - the police did little in the way to move the beggars on (they had already chased this guy off once!!) and did not help them with 'first aid' after Mr Smith had been stabbed. What annoyed us and may others was the Female English Reporter (don't know what TV Channel though) who was promptly told to do one in no friendly terms in her attempt to make a 'tv circus' out of what had happened.

Anyway, we duly signed the Wolves fans flag as a mark of respect and passed on our sympathy to his family and friends.

Upmost respect must go out to the the two Portugese blokes who where there all day sorting the flowers and standing guard and organising the flags, scarves and flowers, pints of beer etc

RIP Stephen Smith our hearts go out to your family and friends.

What would have been the tabloid reaction if the murderer had been caught by England fans and given a DESERVED beating,........

ENGLISH HOOLIGANS ATTACK INNOCENT BYSTANDER IN ANOTHER NIGHT OF SHAMEFUL VIOLENCE

Mmmmm you maybe closer to knowing than you know it just wasn't reported SG194 .... dry.gif

Got back from Portugal on Wednesday night and after an absolute brilliant day and Tuesday morning brought to light this terrible news. All I can say is that this was not an isolated incident, and other 'incidents' with immigrants had happened prior to this tragedy

We had decided to bypass going back to Rossio square after the match, due to the nightmare of getting away from the ground and the delays on the metro, and with us not staying in Lisbon decided to head back to the main bus station and have a drink there in order to catch the last bus to Setubal. My mate was hassled (amongst many others) on Monday afternoon and we think this may be the same guy, who co-incidently 'wanted a fight' when money was refused to be handed over.

We were going back into Lisbon anyway on Tueday so went to the square to pay our respects and lay some flowers. Most reports, appear to have the facts - but having spoke to his friends and fellow Wolves fans - the police did little in the way to move the beggars on (they had already chased this guy off once!!) and did not help them with 'first aid' after Mr Smith had been stabbed. What annoyed us and may others was the Female English Reporter (don't know what TV Channel though) who was promptly told to do one in no friendly terms in her attempt to make a 'tv circus' out of what had happened.

Anyway, we duly signed the Wolves fans flag as a mark of respect and passed on our sympathy to his family and friends.

Upmost respect must go out to the the two Portugese blokes who where there all day sorting the flowers and standing guard and organising the flags, scarves and flowers, pints of beer etc

RIP Stephen Smith our hearts go out to your family and friends.

well said tinykit.gif

Quite a bit of violence occured at home after the defeat.

We've got a small Portuguese community living near us and a few of their cars were smashed up and a number of houses pelted with stones.

What a bunch of absolute slobs. It's sickening that these brainless chimps continually blacken the name of football supporters.

We've got a small Portuguese community living near us and a few of their cars were smashed up and a number of houses pelted with stones.

What a bunch of absolute slobs. It's sickening that these brainless chimps continually blacken the name of football supporters.

It was on the Radio this morning saying that the Portuguese communities in England suffered heavy abuse and physical violence. It said that throughout the whole country around seventeen Portuguese restaurants were burnt down. mad.gif

It was on the Radio this morning saying that the Portuguese communities in England suffered heavy abuse and physical violence. It said that throughout the whole country around seventeen Portuguese restaurants were burnt down. mad.gif

Which is an absolute disgrace.

The way we where treated over in Portugal was nothing short of brilliant and 'over politeness' and whilst being wary the Potugese could not do enough to help us.

Joining in with their celebrations on Sunday after their defeat of Spain was a sight to behold.

Portugal was invaded by thousands upon thousands of Football fans most of them English, of which, all the locals wanted to do was ensure that everybody had a great time and enjoyed their stay and the tournament.

And how do the idiots over here treat the Portugese Ex pats - with disrespect and violence.

An embarrassment and and complete disregard to the good people of our once fine country.

Can I point out that approximately 60000 English fans have visited Portugal over the past 2 weeks. There has been approximately 30 arrests. That is a grand total of 0.0005% of visiting English fans arrested. As in Japan, we have been a huge credit to our country and like the Japenese police, the Portugese police must be wondering what the hell all the fuss is about.

i saw some of that situations on tele.

Unfortunately, idiots are everywhere and always seem to appear in these moments.

It seems 11 people were held inside a portuguese restaurant for over 2 hours by a mob. Only police sorted things out.

it seems that there were some insults between some group of "fans" here in Portugal sad.gif

Nothing happened cause the police was there to stop it.

The chief of portuguese police said:

"Tirando algumas situações pontuais, os adeptos ingleses foram um exemplo de civismo. Eles são os verdadeiros adeptos de futebol"

Translating:

"with the exception of some ocasional situations, english fans are a true example of citizenship. They are the true football fans" smile.gif

The majority of the England fans behaved well in Portugal when we were there.

Credit should go to the FA and others for finally getting rid of the trouble makers simply looking for trouble instead of the huge majority in enjoying the football and having a good time.

Uefa praise England fans

Hmmm, wonder if soueyisgod is going to come back on and eat some crow?

Whilst England sadly has some idiotic yobs following the game, English fans are nevertheless sometimes better behaved than our European counterparts across the channel.

Over 150 German hooligans went on the rampage last week after they were knocked out of Euro 2004, the thugs caused havoc in the city of Hamburg.

In Germany, soccer violence has sadly become commonplace. One fan was shot dead in a fight between Berlin and Leipzig supporters, while at the 1998 France World Cup, several hundred German fans rioted.

There were some appalling scenes six years ago in France, with a policeman left in a coma after being beaten unconscious by a group of Germans. Holland too, certainly has it's fair share of hooligans, and in Italy a 24-year-old Genoa fan was stabbed to death by an AC Milan supporter. It's a problem that affects many countries - not just our own.

Below - a link reminder to that horrendous attack at the France World Cup by German thugs:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/117358.stm

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

There's no room for English hooligans in Premiership football any more, but when there's matches in other countries they seem to show their ugly faces again.. also, while there's well-organized Ultras in Spain and Italy, it seems like the English hooligans are just individuals more than part of a group?

Hmmm...two different opinions and it is hard to know who to believe. Jim mentioned that England fans had been "terrorising half of Portugal" whereas Uefa has just graded the behaviour of the England fans in Portugal as being 9/10, the only black mark being the booing of the Croatian national anthem. Uefa back up their opinion by citing the tiny figures of arrests whereas Jim's emotive claptrap remains unverified. England fans have suffered enough bad press in the past to last a lifetime so it is good to see their behavious earning some praise for a change.

Let's drink to fair-minded fans

I still await Jims apology for his comments towards the England Fans. Not sure if journalists do apologise if they get something completely wrong. They normally just publish their usual crap and don't seem to care when it is proved to be completely incorrect.

I still await Jims apology for his comments towards the England Fans. Not sure if journalists do apologise if they get something completely wrong. They normally just publish their usual crap and don't seem to care when it is proved to be completely incorrect.

We may be doing Jim a disservice. He might indeed have apologised or admitted guilt / inaccuracy / defeat etc to many of his errant postings but like all press apologies it'll be hidden on some obscure page with a font size of 2 or less. smile.gif

I saw in one of Saturday’s papers that a sixteen year old girl, a football fan, has been banned from all games for six years.

Can’t remember which paper it was might have been the Express, but she was caught throwing several missiles, directed at both the Southampton fans and the Police, during the incidents after the South Coast Derby.

" whereas Uefa has just graded the behaviour of the England fans in Portugal as being 9/10, the only black mark being the booing of the Croatian national anthem.

Did I miss something here must have gone deaf at the match because I certainly didn't here any booing from England fans.

Unlike the Croatian 'racist' chants (and not just inside the ground) that seem to have gone unmentioned.

" whereas Uefa has just graded the behaviour of the England fans in Portugal as being 9/10, the only black mark being the booing of the Croatian national anthem.

Did I miss something here must have gone deaf at the match because I certainly didn't here any booing from England fans.

Unlike the Croatian 'racist' chants (and not just inside the ground) that seem to have gone unmentioned.

There was a "rubbling" during the opening of their anthem when some people tried to start the booing but it didn't work...and, in fairness, this was in retaliation to their incessant booing throughout our anthem.

But it wouldn't be mentioned, would it!

As a result of the Croats racist flags at the French game they were checking the wording on our flags on the way in. Had a bit of a problem with the translation on ours - "Wot, No Bovril!"

biggrin.gif

QUOTE]

There was a "rubbling" during the opening of their anthem when some people tried to start the booing but it didn't work...and, in fairness, this was in retaliation to their incessant booing throughout our anthem.

But it wouldn't be mentioned, would it!

Agree 14May to what you say, but to me it was just the England fans booing the Croatians for booing our anthem that just overran to their anthem.

Back to another thing that also appears to have gone unreported - and that of the England fans being 'run/chased' off a campsite (in Estoril I think) by the Croats. Speaking to some Bournemouth fans in Lisbon and they said they probably outnumbered the English about 4-1 - no surprise there then.

As we are all well aware for those that have been there - there is one rule for reporting on the English and another for the rest.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.