BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

What I want to know is, WHY did the referee not take the players off the field and abandone the game when the empty headed retards came onto the pitch not just from one part of the ground but from several parts.

Surely if this was to happen then supporters of any affected club would be encouraged to 'gang up' on any numpties and report them to the appropriate authorities.

Edited by JAL

I don't know. I remember a lot of people trying to play down the Rangers fans unrest in Manchester until the CCTV footage was released by the police. Some of the reports play it down but other don't sound good at all. I suspect that footage may eventually circulate showing it as being very bad by modern day standards.

I have no doubt on this also Hasta but the way the media portray it its as if it was going off all over the place.

There will have been old scores trying to be settled no doubt last night ( and appearances by 'old faces') and even in the interviews I have heard and reports there where incidents of a violence - but the World War scenario being banded about makes it seem nobdy has ever been or seen 'violence' at a game before. If it was violent as being made out - I would have expected to have heard more incidents throughout London rather than outside and inside the ground.

As mentioned by fans and Stewards there where not enough Police, but from all accounts the Police did a good job , however from Hammers fans accounts the Stewards where helping some onto the field - now whether that was for safety reasons I have no idea but there appears to have been alot of incidents snowballed into 'violent' hysteria.

This has prompted some discussion on our boards re the likelyhood of trouble at our games.

One fan is insistent there is no hatred from Balckburn to Burnley, it is all onesided. Now I seem to recall somebody mentioning a bus (maybe more?) of Rovers fans intercepted by Police on way for a bit of bother last time we met - does anybody know about this and/or have a link to any articles covering it?

That is rubbish. We both dislike each other as much as one another. There used to be a time when the hatred swung more to B*rnley as you were jealous of our success in the 90's.

Just seen George Daws aged 45 and 3/4 (mental age of a 6 year old) running, sorry skipping onto the pitch sticking the v's upto a Millwall player... whats all that about?

Whats that group of West Ham supporters called again ......ICF... I Cant Function... so I follow West Ham.

Just seen George Daws aged 45 and 3/4 (mental age of a 6 year old) running, sorry skipping onto the pitch sticking the v's upto a Millwall player... whats all that about?

I think you will find that's Minty from Eastenders ;)

2s6klrd.gif

Are these the same West Ham fans that the Premier League took into consideration when deciding punishment over the Tevez saga? If I remember correctly they didn't want to dock them so many points as to automatically relegate them as that wouldn't be fair on their fans.

Chuck both teams out of the competition for this and next season - (I doubt they'll be that upset at that anyway).

all west ham will get will be a suspended punishment of some sort and a warning to their future behaviour

If that. So far all the talk has been about banning individual 'fans'.

Comments from Bevington say it all really:

When quizzed whether the clubs could face repercussions, he replied: "That's why we need to understand exactly what arrangements were put in place. We don't know the full details.

"It would be wrong of me to say clubs face action because if the clubs have taken every measure possible, then why would they face action?

FA to review ugly scenes

Looks to me as though he's already positioning himself to take no action against the clubs.

They knew the history, yet just 250 police were on duty prior to the trouble............

What did they expect?!

It was apparently 350. Less than the Spurs last Sunday. They ended up calling for re-enforcements but it was too late by then.

A large number of ticketless Millwall fans got in as apparently it was deemed better to have them inside than out.

It was clear this was (sadly) always going to happen. I am surprised the police were not in greater numbers.

I was there btw.

Disgusting pitch invader carried young boy of about four on his shoulders....

LINK HERE

It's reported that terrified children were caught up in the violence outside Upton Park when bricks and bottles were thrown. One witness said: "I brought my kids with me to the match and they saw violence that was indescribable."

The fighting apparently lasted more than six hours, from just after 6pm outside the ground till after midnight. As well as a man being stabbed in the chest, another supporter was slashed across the neck.

Gary Lucas, the owner of a local cafe in the area, said: "People were walking along with bottles in their hands looking to attack other supporters. I saw two lads on the floor with 40 to 50 people laying into them."

Sick barstewards threw bricks and bottles at police horses. What kind of a sick person throws a brick at a horse - or indeed throws a brick at anybody?

Link: Fighting like a pack of wild animals

all west ham will get will be a suspended punishment of some sort and a warning to their future behaviour

And if had been you, or us, the club would have already been banned from the competition. If they can get away with the Tevez affair so lightly then they'll waltz away from this one.

Mind you, they did win the World Cup don't cha know?

well looking at it I have to say I am absolutely appalled at the scenes. They should get the maximum penalty but they won't probably just a warning to their future behaviour. I also think it is disgusting & wrong to involve children in such dangerous situations in their petty little arguments it is not a good example to set children. I hope the nspcc get involved but as many say with T.Brooking on the FA's board and in view of what happened about the Tevez saga they will probably get off very lightly. I hope not though.

Is there a Hooligan problem in Blackburn? Many casuals?

I was at the Stoke City away game this year. Even though there are many idiots among the Rovers fans (Smoking Joe in the bathrooms, very drunk) etc I didnt see them making any trouble at all.

That report was from 1967...

Dont know if its true, maybe the older supporters could deny or confirm but Rovers did have an element of Hooliganism in the sixties. One or two of the older guys in town claim that its they who invented hooliganism in the sixties that grew in the seventies.

That Millwall game in 67, was it not one of the first games of the season after Rovers were relegated, if so i'm told there was a mini riot by the Rovers fans at Millwall that game with a car being overturned .

Remember the late sixties/early seveties..fans passing each other in the Riverside to change ends at half time or maybe at the start. It was with Lecicester the first time I saw it kick off.in the ground..Near that time Burnley tried to rip the Darwen end road off.(it could have been asbestos then... Tee hee.)Hardly the good old days of good behaviour..

What actual trouble was there in the ground? People got on the pitch, but it isn't like this is the first time.

Other fans have done it before and received much less media coverage. I am not condoning it at all, but I didn't see it kick off in the ground?

However, the fighting outside the ground was unforgivable, although the fact that it continued after kick off proved none of thsoe involved were fans of either club, just bored men looking for trouble.

Looking at all the reports, both clubs, but West Ham in particular, really should be hammered - excuse the pun - for this. Firstly there was the racist chanting/noises, then there's the missiles being thrown, and then there's the pitch invasions. Any one of these things are rightly frowned upon and should bring heavy sanctions, but all three shows that the clubs had very little control on the situation.

One such incident could be classed as unfortunate - the you can't stop everything argument - but all three makes you wonder what the stewards etc were doing. The same principle goes for the three pitch invasions. One's unfortunate, two's very careless, three... Has there ever been three pitch invasions in one game before? I can't recall that ever happening before, although I only started following football in the early 90s.

I bet west ham being west ham get away with it though. They always do.

but all three makes you wonder what the stewards etc were doing. The same principle goes for the three pitch invasions. One's unfortunate, two's very careless, three...

See my earlier post BB - according to Hammers fans - the Stewards where apparently helping people onto the field - whether this was for safety reasons or not is anybody's guess at the moment -also after the first goal the less than preventative nature of the stewards from letting people get on to the pitch seemed to be picked up upon by the fans which is probably why there were the x3 pitch invasions.

Yet again though - from the Stewards account on the radio - there were not enough for the game ( like the police) and some didn't even want to be on duty for this game anyway.

Strange reading the articles now but its saying there where 500 police on duty with riot police and horses as back up - I'm sure there were more than this for our previous exploits against our friends down the road on both occasions.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.