BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

Scumbag United fans....

Ugly scenes of violence erupted again involving Manchester United fans last night at their away match against Birmingham at St Andrews on Saturday evening.

Police said violence erupted before the match, with further clashes at half-time. Seven people were arrested.

In October this season at a Carling Cup match between Barnsley and Man United at Oakwell, the Yorkshire club said that Man United fans had been violent and had caused "substantial damage" at the Oakwell stadium. Police in riot gear were pelted with bottles from United fans and catering staff working at the game were trapped inside a food kiosk, having to barricade themselves in a store room when United fans broke in and caused havoc, stealing cash from the tills and throwing food and bottles from the shelves.

It was no surprise to read Home Office figures in December 2009 that Man United had more fans arrested for hooliganism last season than any other Premier League club.

United fans accounted for 185 of the 1,600 top-flight fans arrested during the 2008-09 season, with Newcastle second on 144 and Everton third on 139. Those three clubs alone - Man United, Everton and Newcastle - accounted for over 29% of top-flight fans arrested last season.

Blackburn Rovers came 16th in the 'arrest league' last season, with 31 arrests during the 2008-09 season.

Links below:

Man United top hooligan arrest league

Birmingham and Man United fans clash on Saturday night

Scumbag United fans....

Ugly scenes of violence erupted again involving Manchester United fans last night at their away match against Birmingham at St Andrews on Saturday evening.

Police said violence erupted before the match, with further clashes at half-time. Seven people were arrested.

In October this season at a Carling Cup match between Barnsley and Man United at Oakwell, the Yorkshire club said that Man United fans had been violent and had caused "substantial damage" at the Oakwell stadium. Police in riot gear were pelted with bottles from United fans and catering staff working at the game were trapped inside a food kiosk, having to barricade themselves in a store room when United fans broke in and caused havoc, stealing cash from the tills and throwing food and bottles from the shelves.

It was no surprise to read Home Office figures in December 2009 that Man United had more fans arrested for hooliganism last season than any other Premier League club.

.....& Rovers are giving them 8000 tickets :unsure:

Travelling United fans are always a handfull. They behave badly before, during & after games. They very nearly trashed the Fernhurst the other year & attacked buses on Branch Road after one game.Damage inside the DE has also been done in past visits.

I know it`s money in the coffers for Rovers, but if i was in charge at Ewood i`d contact the powers that be at Odd Triffid & warn them that any bad behavior or damage inside Ewood or persistant standing by the away fans will result in reduced allocations for future visits to Ewood.

After talking to a mate of mine last night who was there with his 2 kids and is united through and through he said it was the younger element who caused the trouble and says this lot only get tickets for away games when they get a large allocation ie Barnsley cup game 5-7000 Rovers 7800 and they are rarely seen at any away game when they get their usual 3000 allocation. In my opinion after what happened with the Darwen End allocation against our claret friends i'd do the same for this game but not only do i think it wont happen i think that they will still travel in numbers without a ticket and still cause problems. Last season i had he unfortunate pleasure of witnessing some teenagers 5/10 of them 20 mins before walking past the Jack Walker Stand singing united songs whilst intimidating others by bumping into them obviously looking for a fight/argument/trouble. If we limited their tickets for 1 season only and made an example of anybody found in the home ends ejected then maybe games in future seasons might not be as bad as most wont bother travelling without a ticket even if it does mean we have to reduce our capacity as we had to do in the scumley game.

Prior to the game Rover should prepare and agree a schedule of condition of the Darwen End with Man U.

After the game the condition of the Darwen End shoulD be compared with the agreed schedule - with any damage charged to MU.

• Like 2

Because that would mean we would have 2500 seats to sell at £37, surrounded by Mancs - Not going to happen...

As for causing trouble at BIG club.....who cares, its only Birmingham!!

2500 seats how do you work that out when we have season ticket holders in there and who cares about being surrounded by mancs when it will be the same on thursday against villa

It's a strange one cos, according to the two people I know that were in the pub, the police just locked everyone in for well over 45 minutes. Anyone wanting to go home for there tea or whatever was rudely refused. I'm not for one minute saying that allows you to chuck bottles at the police but I reckon a number of the charges are not football/burnley releated but caused by annoyance at being locked in when they'd only gone there for a quick drink.

Was anyone actually in there?

Edited by Hasta

It's a strange one cos, according to the two people I know that were in the pub, the police just locked everyone in for well over 45 minutes. Anyone wanting to go home for there tea or whatever was rudely refused. I'm not for one minute saying that allows you to chuck bottles at the police but I reckon a number of the charges are not football/burnley releated but caused by annoyance at being locked in hen they'd only gone there for a quick drink.

Was anyone actually in there?

I was but had gotten out about 30seconds before the ruckus. I can't for the life of me think of anything that went on to start anything off.

I was but had gotten out about 30seconds before the ruckus. I can't for the life of me think of anything that went on to start anything off.

The police blocked off access from Green lane and both ends of Preston old road.

The rumour is it was set up by the police, and the police had obviously targeted the pub.

To back this up two rumours are that the graffitti at Burnleys ground was linked to the Station pub. Plus one convicted and photographed hooligan and his mates were also in the pub at the time.

Very worrying that the police intelligence were videoing poeple entering the Aqueduct pub on Sunday.

Worrying?

Not the first time they have done this - used to do it regular before - also at the Moorings.

I walked past it on sunday.

I`m getting sick and tired of being filmed at football games, it happens at every away match too. Makes me feel as if I`m doing something wrong...

Paul Rushton 45, absolutely scandalous policing. Rushy is never a hooligan or a trouble maker.

Interesting to see the police videoing everyone going into the Aqueduct after sundays game.

Might be prudent to wait until the matter is dealt with at court before making comments such as that. The Police dont make charging decisions the CPS do by the way.

The police blocked off access from Green lane and both ends of Preston old road.

The rumour is it was set up by the police, and the police had obviously targeted the pub.

To back this up two rumours are that the graffitti at Burnleys ground was linked to the Station pub. Plus one convicted and photographed hooligan and his mates were also in the pub at the time.

Very worrying that the police intelligence were videoing poeple entering the Aqueduct pub on Sunday.

So things are "backed up" by graffitti at Turf Moor are they? Ffs :rolleyes:

I walked past it on sunday.

I`m getting sick and tired of being filmed at football games, it happens at every away match too. Makes me feel as if I`m doing something wrong...

I'm gunna start waving at them for the sake of it. There is no purpose for them. Have your cameras by all means, but film when something is happening! Not the innocent people wanting to have a drink and watch the football!

I'm gunna start waving at them for the sake of it. There is no purpose for them. Have your cameras by all means, but film when something is happening! Not the innocent people wanting to have a drink and watch the football!

Or even better get your phone out and start filming then, wonder what they would do :mellow:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.