BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

West Ham v Millwall has a history of violence going back 100 years,back to an era when matters were more civil?.I dont condone football violence or what happened Wednesday but by god there is some hysterical bed wetting on here and media wide going on.

KUMB have their say

Lets all Join the good old respectable Sun newspapers crusade to shop the lot of them....Huzzzzzahhhh! :rolleyes:

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

See my earlier post BB - according to Hammers fans - the Stewards where apparently helping people onto the field - whether this was for safety reasons or not is anybody's guess at the moment -also after the first goal the less than preventative nature of the stewards from letting people get on to the pitch seemed to be picked up upon by the fans which is probably why there were the x3 pitch invasions.

Yet again though - from the Stewards account on the radio - there were not enough for the game ( like the police) and some didn't even want to be on duty for this game anyway.

Strange reading the articles now but its saying there where 500 police on duty with riot police and horses as back up - I'm sure there were more than this for our previous exploits against our friends down the road on both occasions.

Thanks for highlighting that. With regards to our game vs the dingles I've a couple of mates who are in the police in the Blackburn division, and for our derby game ALL police have to work that weekend, regardless of whether it was meant to be time off or not.

Am liking the idea West Ham forfit their next game, surely this can't have a good effect on their preparations for it.

The Summer of 2001 I think. Basically a huge fall out between local Asian youths and the Whites.

An ex-policeman friend who was working at the time of the riots believed there were a number of problems for the cause of the riots (they also happened in Oldham and Bradford around the same time) but one of the reasons is that the Asians attacked a pub where BNP meetings were regularly held.

:lol: having rovers fans and burnley fans in the same end is a recipe for diasaster :o

No it`s not. It will be well policed & stewarded with a larger than normal no-mans land.......& remember EVERY person in the Darwen End will be a season ticket holder from either club or will have been vetted. I`d hazard a guess that CCTV & highly preventative policing will be used to its full extent.

Yes, it will be lively & extremely vocal & 1 or 2 numpties might try it on, but it won`t be a disaster.

They`ve done it for years in Manchester, Glasgow, Sheffield, London etc....

You`re just scaremongering Waggy

No it`s not. It will be well policed & stewarded with a larger than normal no-mans land.......& remember EVERY person in the Darwen End will be a season ticket holder from either club or will have been vetted. I`d hazard a guess that CCTV & highly preventative policing will be used to its full extent.

Yes, it will be lively & extremely vocal & 1 or 2 numpties might try it on, but it won`t be a disaster.

They`ve done it for years in Manchester, Glasgow, Sheffield, London etc....

You`re just scaremongering Waggy

:lol: why will the rovers fans be season ticket holders,its one of the 4 games ;)

Wonder if police / stewards will make both sets of fans sit down.... OR make rovers fans sit down and let the dingles stand.

will they wade it to throw out fould mouthed Dingles ... or pick on the small blackburn kid that shouts F*** OFF to the Dingle goalie.........

You can see it will be one rule for one, an one for another.......... ... .

SO PLEASE SAME RULES ALL OVER THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by 3rdpillar

I'm not around for the home game, Cyprus booked many moons ago, but I'd certainly be in the darwen end for this one and not because I'm considering a 1 man assault over no mans land into the burnley fans.

****I recall being told a story about a lad that used to drink in the Clifton arms and later worked in the Jubilee that jumped the fence in the corner of the riverside late 70’s, he ran alone into the burnley fans in the darwen end, they backed off, must have thought he was carrying a grenade! Then he was saved by the police, fined and they had a whip round in the pub to pay his fine****

The atmosphere in the darwen end section for this game will be excellent and I’d give up my season ticket and buy a darwen end ticket just to be close to the away fans.

I wonder how many more would do the same, in fact I’m now canceling the holiday to Cyprus, Debs calling the travel agent!

I'm not around for the home game, Cyprus booked many moons ago, but I'd certainly be in the darwen end for this one and not because I'm considering a 1 man assault over no mans land into the burnley fans.

****I recall being told a story about a lad that used to drink in the Clifton arms and later worked in the Jubilee that jumped the fence in the corner of the riverside late 70’s, he ran alone into the burnley fans in the darwen end, they backed off, must have thought he was carrying a grenade! Then he was saved by the police, fined and they had a whip round in the pub to pay his fine****

The atmosphere in the darwen end section for this game will be excellent and I’d give up my season ticket and buy a darwen end ticket just to be close to the away fans.

I wonder how many more would do the same, in fact I’m now canceling the holiday to Cyprus, Debs calling the travel agent!

i would think any season ticket holder giving his ticket up to get one in the darwen end is playing a dangerous game,any trouble and the police will consider it planned

Edited by modes98
removal of inappropriate smileys

:D i would think any season ticket holder giving his ticket up to get one in the darwen end is playing a dangerous game,any trouble and the police will consider it planned :lol:

So are you buying the tickets or me?

:lol: why will the rovers fans be season ticket holders,its one of the 4 games ;)

fair point Waggy ;)

I think Rovers sold about a thousand Darwen End STs. Those people will get chance to buy those seats 1 week before they go on general sale.

It would also be a good selling opportunity for Rovers to market tickets for the Bumley game in another '3 game bundle' or something like that?? :huh:

ie.....

Retards game

Portsmouth game

Stoke game

.......all for £45 (or some figure)

:huh:

I think a read of the thread 'Burnley memories' (or something similar is in order)

Thing is, all the 'good' fans are in the BBE... don't see how moving to the Darwen End will be more atmospheric, apart from being close to the scum :brfc:

I think a read of the thread 'Burnley memories' (or something similar is in order)

Thing is, all the 'good' fans are in the BBE... don't see how moving to the Darwen End will be more atmospheric, apart from being close to the scum :brfc:

....yeah, about 30 in the top corner (N01) make an effort. The rest are like victorian children......seen but not heard <_< the BBE is pretty p1ss poor these days vocal-wise.

....yeah, about 30 in the top corner (N01) make an effort. The rest are like victorian children......seen but not heard <_< the BBE is pretty p1ss poor these days vocal-wise.

Not bad in N05... I for one definitely sing...

Contemplating eventually moving to the Darwen End when it gets going... want somewhere where I can stand all game B)

All in all, most of the noise comes from the BBE, some from the Riverside and its too early to tell with the Darwen End... seem okay though to be fair

I'm slap-bang in the middle of the lower tier BBE (sometimes have my flag with me). I TRY to chant, but it takes forever for ANYTHING to get going. We have miserable sods sat around us. I have mentioned the bloke behind me who told me to sit down and STFU, have I not?

Your not slap bang in the middle! I am! :P

The guy next to me does my head in. All game he moans at MGP, so we try Treacy and he just moans at him. Now MGP plays well so he just moans about the lack of financial backing. On the other side they are a family and have good chats with the grandad.

It depends on the match and how it is going as to how much people chant. It is a lot better than when I first started going mind you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.