BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] And So It Begins Again!

From the above report:

"Craig Short went on a run down the left" That's not something you see every day biggrin.gif

Actually it's mentioned in the bible as one of the signs of the Apocalypse:

(Rev 6:1-8 NIV) I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" {2} I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. And lo, One score minutes into the contest Craig Short did shed his torpescence, and he lumbered fitfully up the sideline, armed with the leather orb, which he delivered unto Gresko.

The second seal is broken when Dwight Yorke admits he's a lazy sod and starts playing his heart out.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second seal is broken when Dwight Yorke admits he's a lazy sod and starts playing his heart out.

laugh.giflaugh.gif Brilliant quoting of the bible!

Guess were all safe with the yorke thing then! Thats never going to happen!

OOO hells freezing over

laugh.gif

Brilliant stuff, sam!

Anyway... I just finished reading through this entire thread and wound up with little more than a splitting headache. Good to hear Matteo and de Pedro made their debuts, though I question exactly where the so-called mystery trialist (Volpato as we are led to believe) disappeared to.

Actually it's mentioned in the bible as one of the signs of the Apocalypse:

(Rev 6:1-8 NIV) I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" {2} I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. And lo, One score minutes into the contest Craig Short did shed his torpescence, and he lumbered fitfully up the sideline, armed with the leather orb, which he delivered unto Gresko.

Brilliant Sam laugh.gif

Hope you don’t mind Sam… I seem to recall that Short's pass to Gresko didn't amount to much because the linesman gave offside…

"and so he came to pass to Dwight Yorke, who stood with huge smile and lack of positional foresight, in an offside position. The Gods raged on yonder touchline. "O God, he was no interfering with play lino". "No change there then" spoketh the fourth official."

It appears that even in Biblical times they were having trouble with the interpretation of the offside law.

According to Scotty, after a large number of alcohol-free lagers (that's apparently all they served in the stadium - or that's what they told Scotty), Jordan asked Gresko if he shops at Tesco!! ohmy.giflaugh.gif

When I find out what the answer was I'll let you know.

Maybe it's not against world-class sides, but still it's great that we didn't concede a single goal throughout the tournamanet. Even without Brad (why isn't he playing btw?), so this shows that hopefully we've fixed the problems at the back which cost us so much last season.

Things are looking up... rover.gif

According to Scotty, after a large number of alcohol-free lagers (that's apparently all they served in the stadium - or that's what they told Scotty), Jordan asked Gresko if he shops at Tesco!!  ohmy.gif  laugh.gif

When I find out what the answer was I'll let you know.

laugh.gif My bet's on Aldi or Netto!

First post, welcome me! thumbs-up.gif

(Although I was registered here years ago)

Edited by mark03

Have you ever seen Matt Jansen take a penalty? huh.gif

Yes, he missed it!

Good player though and still is good enough to make the team.

Never let left footers take penalties. Their record is not good.

Have you ever seen Matt Jansen take a penalty?  huh.gif

Yes, he missed it!

OI

i take a good penalty and im a lefty

Have you ever seen Matt Jansen take a penalty?  huh.gif

Yes, he missed it!

OI

i take a good penalty and im a lefty

You must be one of the lucky ones. tongue.gif

I can't recall ever seeing Amo take a penalty. unsure.gif

Hello all. Game was great apart from De Pedros sending off. Slightly late challenge but then he mouthed off so off he went.

I just hope Souness warns him about mouthing off in the Prem. Mind you, he'd have no room to talk! laugh.gif

i think jansen took the pens a few seasons ago. scored most of them apart from the bad one he missed!

cant go on last season because we didnt have any to take.

fergy used to take them for rangers but he missed 2 in one game if i recall correctly.

maybe jonny stead will fancy it?

Ok, I'm back from Germany, I'm completly knackered, but I thought I'd better let you know what happened last night (although it looks like you know most of it). Oh, just for everyone's piece of mind, I didn't miss a single train, flight, bus or taxi during the whole trip - nor did I get off at any wrong stops!

The tournament started at 5:30pm with an exhibition match. Both Saunders and Souness came on in the second half, I think Saunders even scored a goal, but to be honest I wasn't paying too much attention. We were too busy trying to get the Rovers squad to sign the site flag.

After this had finished Rovers played their first game against Reutlingwhotsit. We looked a class above and ran out easy 2-0 winners, Gally scoring both. The second was a cracker. The only other notable event was seeing Tommo generally charging about clattering into people. He clearly doesn't know the meaning of the word friendly.

We then retired to the bar outside the ground (you could only get alcohol-free lager inside the ground - as SteB found out to his cost) for refreshments while Ulm played Lucernne (sp?). That game finished 0-0 but was won on penalties by Ulm. This meant that we played Ulm in the final.

Before that though the two losing teams played. The scores were level at full-time so they went to a penalty shoot-out that seemed to go on for ever. Eventually Reutlingwhotsit won about 45-44.

All this meant that Rovers second game didn't kick-off to well after 10pm. We played a completely different team (on paper a stronger team) and we were sh!te. Then, halfway through the first-half, De Pedro was sent off for absolutely nothing by a referee who looked like he'd just come home from school. Ridiculous decision.

The rest of the half was littered by bad tackles, niggle and more shocking refereeing. There wasn't much good football played. Fortunately, the ref seemed to relax a bit at half-time and the second half was a lot calmer, although we were still crap. I guess we had an excuse though as we were down to 10.

The match limped to a conclusion and we were down to a penalty shoot-out. Freidel's save of their first penalty was simply world class. His second save was pretty good too. In contrast, we looked assured and only Dickov missed (the goalkeeper tipped his shot onto the post). So, at about 11:30pm, we finally won the tournament.

At the end of the match it looked like Souness was trying to convince the ref not to mention De Pedro's sending off in his match report so he wouldn't face a ban. I also notice that there is no mention of the sending off on here. I know Lee came on last night and removed all trace of the sending off - something I strongly disagree with. This is a supporter's web-site, it should have no official links to the club, and if a supporter writes about what happened in a match then it should stay on here - even if the information may cause problems for BRFC. Which is why I've included it in this post.

Anyway, it was a top trip, I had a brilliant time and I'm sure I'll write more about it in the future. Right now I'm off to bed!

Shouldnt think so, i would have thought we will have a strong case if he does as the game was only a 50 minute game. Souey seemed to be shaking his hand after the game and in a boyent mood so hopefully he wont be banned and wont be included in the referees report.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.