BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] And So It Begins Again!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like everything is going aok then.

No rumblings, no unhappiness and plenty of fight and effort in particular from Gresko, Amo and Emerton. It will be interesting to read the LET tomorrow night to see how the whole bunch shaped up.

remaining positive. tinykit.gif

The big news for me tonight is that it looks like amoruso will be taking penalties next season (if we get one)

Ist match, 1st goalscorer, 33-1 Amoruso, get £20 on !

Why does it look like that?

Fergie will take the Penalties next year, but like you say we'll probably never get one.

I don't think Ferguson is going anywhere near a penalty if we get one after the two he missed in one game for Rangers.

Probably will be Amoruso.

And what about the hatful of others he scored?

Because he took the first one, why do you think Ferguson when he didn't take one of the five ?

Obviously it's gonna be Amoruso.

It's a pre-season bloody friendly for Christs sake. Saunders took a penalty last season rolleyes.gif

When I look at all the teams that finished 10th or down it looks like we have a better squad that all of them, just to compare with Bolton we have a much stronger squad:

If we look at their players at their positions:

Friedel -----> Jaskelainen (both are good international goalkeepers)

Neill ------> Hunt (Neill is far more experienced than this guy)

Amoruso -----> Ngotty (Amo is great on set pieces and a great marker)

Matteo ------> Jaidi ) don't know about Jaidi, Matteo is class when fit?)

Gray ------> Gardner (Gardner is faster but Gray is a better tackler)

Emerton -----> Giannakopoulus (Emerton is a better crosser and player)

Ferguson ----> Campo (Campo's old and Ferguson hungry for success)

Thompson -----> Djorkaeff (Two trickery players well worth watching, but Djorkaeff is getting old)

De Pedro ------> Okocha (two players whom like to challenge players and shoot)

Stead ------> Davies (Stead's got more pace, better shot and is better in many aspects)

Gallacher ----> Bridges or Ferdinand (Well you've all seen Gallys enthusiasm in the game and his pace and shooting skills, Ferdy is singing on his last swansong and Bridges is off the hill totally)

When you look at the bench they look weak comparing to us so if they get injuries they'll face big problemas.

What do you think?

Thompson -----> Djorkaeff (Two trickery players well worth watching, but Djorkaeff is getting old)

Stead ------> Davies (Stead's got more pace, better shot and is better in many aspects)

Gallacher ----> Bridges or Ferdinand (Well you've all seen Gallys enthusiasm in the game and his pace and shooting skills, Ferdy is singing on his last swansong and Bridges is off the hill totally)

When you look at the bench they look weak comparing to us so if they get injuries they'll face big problemas.

What do you think?

I think youre putting so much effort into trying to make sensible points all you are managing to do is create humour.

For one thing Djorkaeff has left Bolton, but I'm pleased DePedro likes to challenge players and shoot !

"Others:

Dickov (he'll be happy if he gets on the bench)"

Hilarious !!

I believe both Jansen and Gally are better strikers.

The hilarious point being you somehow know that Dickov will be happy to start on the bench.

Well things don't always go like that do they look at where Bolton finished. It can depend on a lot of things.

Yes but according to Souness we now have a great team spirit and probably Bolton had that last year and a bit of lady luck in some games but if we can have the same spirit and luck we may well end the season on a high. I've got great feelings about it! We now have a whole team to replace the first team, 2 staring elevens who seems to be good and with one or two extensions now when Cole, Yorke and Todd has left we may be a force this season.

Thompson ----->  Djorkaeff (Two trickery players well worth watching, but Djorkaeff is getting old)

What do you think?

I think youre putting so much effort into trying to make sensible points all you are managing to do is create humour.

For one thing Djorkaeff has left Bolton, but I'm pleased DePedro likes to challenge players and shoot !

Well Djorkaeff hasn't left according to their official website...

Thompson ----->  Djorkaeff (Two trickery players well worth watching, but Djorkaeff is getting old)

What do you think?

Well Djorkaeff hasn't left according to their official website...

Which goes to prove you will only ever know a certain amount about football following it over the internet.

Which goes to prove you will only ever know a certain amount about football following it over the internet.

Wow dead impressed with the bolscum knowledge!!!

Dickov is a good striker and will be up there pushing for the first team place!

After these two games I hope we will lineup:

Friedel

Neill, Amoruso, Matteo, Gray

Emerton, Thompson, Ferguson, De Pedro

Gallacher, Stead

Bench

Gresko (looks lively down the left, can come in for De Pedro if he stalls)

Jansen (fighting with Gally for a starting place)

Tugay (can come in to the game with calm)

Douglas (can settle in at any place)

Enckelman (well you need a goalkeeper replacement)

i'll agree with that, but realistically Dickov is going to be on the bench at least so lets not pretend otherwise.

But it looks the strongest, the back 5 is a guartee anyway, I would have put in Flitty but no sure Souness likes the guy, and when Souness does not like you................

obviously its slightly hard to judge without seeing anything, but Souness line ups have shown some signs of the expected line ups

(tongue placed in cheek)

To play Devils advocate:-

Neill ------> Hunt (Neill will be suspended far more as refs hate him)

Amoruso -----> Ngotty (Amo is slow and can't derfend, remember the Turks)

Matteo ------> Jaidi (has Jaidi ever captained a team to relegation?)

Gray ------> Gardner (Has Gardnder ever played in a team relegated from the top flight?)

Emerton -----> Giannakopoulus (Emerton can't beat a man and has never won Austrailasia 2004)

Ferguson ----> Campo (Fergies not fit and used to playing St Mirren. Campo played for Real)

Thompson -----> Djorkaeff (Thompsons not fit full stop.)

De Pedro ------> Okocha (Ones a proven Premier League player. The other is Grabbi waiting to happen)

Stead ------> Davies (Davies knows how to 'exploit the box' in Tokyo Joe's better)

(tongue removed from cheek)

Edited by Hasta

Another win, despite it being on penalties can only spur confidence within the squad.

From reading reports it seems the team for some reason is different. I’ll be looking forward to seeing the team play within the next ten days or so, with the new addition that we have made.

The goals that Gallagher scored tonight can only make him more confident and make him a strong contender to be partnered up front alongside Stead.

ROVERS WIN REUTLINGEN TOURNAMENT

anyway a surprising event was Douglas playing in his favoured position of right back, in the stronger team of the night, he was playing with Amo, Matteo, Gray and Friedel all almost guarenteed to start against West Brom.

I wonder what Souness's plans are here?????

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.