BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Verdict On Souness

Tactics aside, there were two reasons why we conceded a goal in the first half of Saturday's match. Matteo's foul leading to the free kick and the failure of the wall to do it's job.

If those two things had not happened; the changes would have been made at half time and Short's goal would have won the game.

Let's get over it and get on with the season. We've some tough matches ahead and Souey and the boys need support.

Be positive. After the match tomorrow you'll probably find a whole new set of stuff to moan about....... unsure.gif

Happy Days! ph34r.gif

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness has been quoted in the LET that there will be a different team and formation against Southampton and that the formation used on Saturday was in an attempt to be less vulnerable at home.

Souness hits back at critics

I have it on good authority that a certain contributor to the LET was mentioned in Souey's press conference and challenged to 'put his medals on the table'.

This has gotten way too old.  We had one bad season in 4.  Injuries to our best players, two "star" players who could not be arsed to show up most games.  Souness brought through Gally, Douglas and Bought Stead, though the detractors say that was pure fortune.  Conveniently forgetting that Souness had him watched for a year and that he was the only top flight manager with the Gonads big enough to go for it. 

Give this bloke a good run with his regulars, a fully fit squad, if he's not getting it done can him and replace him with ???? Oh perhaps Sturrock will be available by then.  Ternent is out of work.  Give the Souness a bloody chance to put it right. 

He got us back in the Prem and we are still in the Prem. 

Sorry prawn sandwich brigade wannabe's it IS good enough for me.  Now let's move on.

Hilarious laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

We underperform in the FIRST 45 minutes of a new season, and the doom mongers are out in force laugh.giflaugh.gif

For all the negative heads out there, just read the above post from USA Blue every time you get one of those overwhelming floods of anti - Sounessism.

BTW top post USA.

Edited by Tony Diamond Inc

Souness has been quoted in the LET that there will be a different team and formation against Southampton and that the formation used on Saturday was in an attempt to be less vulnerable at home.

I have it on good authority that a certain contributor to the LET was mentioned in Souey's press conference and challenged to 'put his medals on the table'.

Common LD rover the challenge has been offered!!!......looks like Souness cant take a bit of constructive criticism the marde arse. mad.gif

Souey himself was very prickly when asked about last week and commented on the views of amateurs not really knowing the game and questioning his tactics.

ohmy.gif He didn't mention any names did he? laugh.gif

Yes. In fact the interviewer was a bit baffled as to what Souness meant by "Rover six" wink.gif

Whops soreeee mr eddie person but I thought this was a MB for open discussion.

Think you'll find what is becoming boring is Mr Souness spouting his crap excuses and the gullibles eg YOU believing everything is rosy - which is what annoys us supporters that are actually concerned about what is happening at the club - and I don't just mean of the pitch. We are not blind to our observations

At least us 'boring people' that you state are giving crede and explaining our worries with reasonable explanations primarily before they happen and being proved correct.

I for one am not looking to trip Souness up - just wish he would take stock about what he is saying and to change the record and stop his stupid formations that are making him look like he is a protogee of professor sven yaffle.

None of it is good for the club - I'll admit us being negative does not help but I'd rather express our concerns and hope somebody takes notice (Mr S) than keep stum and things carry on for the worse.

That's the whole point though Capt. The vast majority on this message board can see when something isn't right or isn't working. We will all disagree on how severe the situation is and how to fix but as you rightly say that's what the MB is for.

However what annoys 'us' supporters who get a tad annoyed with the doom and gloom at times is the way you dismiss all the opinions as not seeing or not wanting to see what you and your select band have had sussed for a while now.

I have many concerns about our Graeme, some I've posted on here and some I haven't but you just ignore that as it doesn't fit in with your argument. Eddie has just made some great comments which seem fairly balanced to me but they probably will be ignored also.

I personally wouldn't respond to you saying 'stop being so bloody negative' mainly because you're as entitled to your opnion as I am. However when you say you're not trying to trip Mr Souness it doesn't really tally with what you post at times.

The main thing that bugs me is that anything Souness says is disected and picked on and held up against past comments. If you did that with me or most others you would occasionally spot contradictions and innaccuracies but we aren't a debating society on here it's a board for the discussing our team.

I don't think you should have to hide your opnions by any means but some of the stuff posted at times just smacks of people looking for any opportunity to pick fault. Now that to me doesn't seem very balanced at all which is the very thing that us 'gullibles' are accused of.

Sorry for the rant but i've got that off my chest now so it's just for me to ready myself to cheer us on to much needed points, with my blue & white blinkers on of course wink.gif

THE FACTS:

FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON:

HALF TIME GETTING BEAT 1-0, 2 CHANGES and a change of formation (proves his team was wrong)

SECOND GAME:

3 CHANGES and a change of formation

THEN

HALF TIME GETTING BEAT 1-0, 2 CHANGES and ANOTHER a change of formation proves he has no idea of his best team)

HE HAS LOST IT GET HIM OUT NOW!!!!!!

Souness quote:

"Dom will provide the experience needed at the back and is able to fill in and do a job as a defensive midfielder"

then he plays him in his FIRST CHOICE TEAM as a midfielder and then a left winger.

SOUNESS IS A JOKE!

THE FACTS:

FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON:

HALF TIME GETTING BEAT 1-0, 2 CHANGES and a change of formation (proves his team was wrong)

SECOND GAME:

3 CHANGES and a change of formation

THEN

HALF TIME GETTING BEAT 1-0, 2 CHANGES and ANOTHER a change of formation proves he has no idea of his best team)

HE HAS LOST IT GET HIM OUT NOW!!!!!!

Souness quote:

"Dom will provide the experience needed at the back and is able to fill in and do a job as a defensive midfielder"

then he plays him in his FIRST CHOICE TEAM as a midfielder and then a left winger.

SOUNESS IS A JOKE!

its amazing that Matteo was on the left, he did nothing all game, it just contributed to Southampton remaining in the game, personally I think Souness has the tools to do well and does not know how to use them, really ######

I really hope that isn't true. It's immature and shows an inability to discuss things without resorting to bullying tactics or throwing the toys out the pram. Hopefully it didn't happen like that.

On another note - The half time substitutions and constant tinkering are a worry as it suggests Souness doesn't know what his preferred team is. Quite simply he needs to make up his mind and try sticking to it as the next few games may be a nightmare otherwise.

I really hope that isn't true. It's immature and shows an inability to discuss things without resorting to bullying tactics or throwing the toys out the pram. Hopefully it didn't happen like that.

It shows the kind of arrogance that is typical of Souness and i'm amazed that it would surprise anyone. Would you prefer he responded like Ferguson and just barred any journalist who disagrees with him. Most Managers are arrogant and don't take criticism very well.

It's a perfectly understandable reaction when you're in a position where x-thousand people truely believe that they could do your job better than you.

It shows the kind of arrogance that is typical of Souness and i'm amazed that it would surprise anyone. Would you prefer he responded like Ferguson and just barred any journalist who disagrees with him. Most Managers are arrogant and don't take criticism very well.

I'd prefer him to debate the matter like a reasonable person and at least attempt to discuss in a rational manner. It's not as if he's ineloquent, certainly when on Sky he discusses the game with great insight. Why can't he do that instead of trotting out a tired old cliche? Managers like Martin O'Neill or Arsene Wenger answer questions by convincing others of the rightness of their opinions without attempting to belittle the interviewer. So can Souness when he wants to.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I've dusted down my Blackburn Sunday Football League secretary of the year trophy for 2003-2004 and my Darwen Darts pairs knockout winners 2002 medal ready for the showdown.

There's no way he can compete with that.

Poor stuff from our leader again today though wasn't it? 17 players used already in 180 minutes football and no sign of him knowing either his best 11 or his best formation.

Did anyone read his tactical genius in the LET last week when he said 'I knew we'd step it up in the second half because we always do when we kick towards the Blackburn End'.

You really couldn't make it up.

There's no point getting hysterical because it's only 2 matches into the new season. THings can change, especially if we buy a few players.

However, we should not lose sight of the fact that in Ferguson, Matteo, Stead, Thompson, Short, Friedel, Neill, Emerton - we have players that most other Premiership managers would love to have.

Souness has them and must get the best out of them or he has to go.

I've dusted down my Blackburn Sunday Football League secretary of the year trophy for 2003-2004 and my Darwen Darts pairs knockout winners 2002 medal ready for the showdown.

Poor stuff from our leader again today though wasn't it? 17 players used already in 180 minutes football and no sign of him knowing either his best 11 or his best formation.

Did anyone read his tactical genius in the LET last week when he said 'I knew we'd step it up in the second half because we always do when we kick towards the Blackburn End'.

You and Rover6 should submit a job application to John Williams.

You could make up your job descriptions huh.gif

I can't work out whether that's supposed to be derogatory or not.

If it is, show me your medals.

Just remember what happened to your predecessor at the LET wink.gif

Just remember what happened to your predecessor at the LET wink.gif

Sorry I forgot.

He's struggling to keep up with his mortgage payments due to the loss of income now isn't he?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.