BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Verdict On Souness

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite staggering really, Tim Sherwood once said fans don't know anything about football.

I'm beginning to think he had a point.

So did Dunn.

Do you read supporters internet web sites, and if so have you ever read the fans message board on this site ? (www.brfcs.com)

Yes, once or twice, but most don’t have any idea about football so I don’t anymore.

Scotty...is there any point at all to what you post? Or do you just try and have a go at as many other board members as possible?

You have to admire the irony of you of all people questioning whether my posts have a point.

To answer the question though, I get annoyed when people say that I know less about football than them just because I have a different opinion.

Actually, Mr Strachan surprised me. He was really pleasant, and we had a nice conversation. He'd sat opposite me in the lounge and he and Paul Lambert were chatting away to allcomers (in case you have stalker fantasies, I was in the lounge first!).

I think we'd be a marvellous challenge to him. We have a lot of allegedly talented players who seem to be unable to make a bigger word out of the words foot and ball when they step onto a pitch for us!

And I have a sense of humour failure when it comes to the rubbish I witnessed last night. I think what most upset me was that I didn't feel any sense of pride at the team, just embarrassment, and a vague feeling that I had to apologise for them daring to step onto the same pitch as Arsenal. I've never felt that before at Highbury, and I didn't much like it.

Fire Souy

And get Strachan...

Souy don't have a clue what tactics is - he can only blame other than him self....

I suggest that we also fire you from this messageboard because you obviously have no idea how to converse in the Queens English. Please try harder or get somebody with an IQ greater than the number of letters in your name to check your posts first.

Fire Souy

And get Strachan...

Souy don't have a clue what tactics is - he can only blame other than him self....

I suggest that we also fire you from this messageboard because you obviously have no idea how to converse in the Queens English. Please try harder or get somebody with an IQ greater than the number of letters in your name to check your posts first.

Everybody has the right to state there opinion in this forum, regardless off spelling mistakes. IQ has nothing to do with your spelling. You could have an high IQ and still have dyslexia.

Everybody has the right to state there opinion in this forum

You are wrong there cock! I got potted for three months for just that reason! smile.gifsad.gifmad.gif

Anyway Thunderstorm speak for yourself, are you a victim of this relatively new and increasingly popular condition 'dyslexia'? If so I apologise for bruising your sensitivities (although I don't know why I should because you obviously wont be able to read this far). Or are you just plain thick/lazy or both?

PS Maverick it's 'their'.

Edited by thenodrog

i do not know how the tickets are going for saturday,but the gate may concern the board.anything below 28,000 shows the blackburn public are voting with there feet.

I managed to get a good seat in the Blackburn End 4 or 5 days before the game, which was worrying. Think today's result may have saved Souness for a while. Maybe he has finally learnt the lesson that a balanced team with attacking players, including wingers playing on the wing, is our best bet as our performance today was the best by far. Not knowing his best line up is just about forgiveable - let's face it we've discussed it on the message board at great length - but surely today's game must have shown that players must be played in their proper position. If he reverts to our six defenders or some other stupid system then I say get rid.

What really annoys me is the Gresko situation. Last season we had no one on the left and many fans on the mb thought Gresko would be the solution - Souness didn't. Yet with a near full strength squad to choose from for the opening game Souness plays Gresko in midfield - madness.

A few mopre performances like today and Souness may have turned the corner on last season's blip. More like the Southampton and West Brom 45 minutes only and Souness has to go for the sake of our survival.

I agree with Yorke going but why the sudden change from GS.

Ok his performances this season have been poor.

Makes the clubs comments look stupid only a few weeks back.

"Dwight has worked very hard in pre-season and Graeme has advised the board that he now wishes to keep the player and any clubs who enquire about him are being advised accordingly." John Williams

Maybe buying MGP took a lot of cash and some wages needs to be saved? Just doesnt make sense from GS point of view unless we have a replacement of some sort, even though I think we can do without him.

Yes, he's available-we want to get rid.

Oh no he's not-not even if you bid £400,000.He's worked hard in pre-season and he deserves his chance.

Now he plays.Now he doesn't.

Oh yes he is-take over his wages and you don't even have to pay a fee.We're rich, we're Uncle Jack's club.

Well I can't fault Soueys tactics in the tranfer market regarding Dwight Yorke.

Souness: Anyone want Dwight Yorke? Anyone? You can have him for free!

Other Managers: God no!

*4 games later*

Souness: OK you cannot have Dwight Yorke. He's an important member of the squad.

Other Managers: But now we want him!

Steve Bruce & Martin O'Neill: Here's a substantial fee for the smiling git!

So this man has helped us achieve big improvements over the years but now we are in a sticky patch.

We had a poor season last year and we have started with 2 disapoiting games against West Brom and Southampton.

So how long exactly does everyone think Souness be given if the bad run continues?

I for one dont want Souness to go and dont think we have anyone who could do a good job in replacing him.

So what does everyone else feel?

Mid November if the poor run continues?

Souness has proved himself to be one of the best managers in the Premiership working on a small budget. He may claim Rovers have reached their full potential by claiming sixth place in the table, but he has the ability to take the club further.

REMEMBER THIS!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.