BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man Utd Home

If reports are true and pedersen has signed then I would put him straight in the team. He will be fully fit as its mid season in Norway and also Man United were interested in him so surely he cant be bad and also they wont of had time to study his style b4 the game.

I would put Nissa and Matteo in Centre defence and in the middle id play Bazza and Tugay or Maybe Thompson if fully fit.

Dickov and Stead upfront.

I think that we shouldn’t sit back and defend all the time as United have a few injuries and are not in the same class as Arsenal.

Prediction. 2-2 or 2-1 to Rovers

Edited by Hughesy

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know what to predict as I don't have a clue what team we'll put out! Assuming Pedersen signs, I'd like to see him start against Utd (what better way to see if he can cut it in the Premiership?) with a team of:

Friedel-Neill-Amoruso-Short-Gray-Emerton-Thompson-Ferguson-Pedersen-Stead-Dickov (maybe swapping Emerton and Tommo with Tugay replacing the Aussie).

I'm going to be optimistic and predict 2-0 to Rovers. Lady Luck finally smiles on us; Dickov scores a penalty and Amoruso wraps things up with a late header.

Goal - Friedal

Defence - Neil, Amo, Short, Gray

Midfield - Thomo, Ferguson, Flitcroft, MGP (if Signed), Gresko (if MGP not signed)

Attack - Gallagher, Dickov

Bench - Stead, Emerton, De PEdro, Nissa, Enkleman

Blackburn  3  -  0  ManUre

Yorke (Pens 22, 38, 87)

No chance of that happening. Yorke will start on the bench and only do his "Caribbean slug" (copyright AESF) impression in the second half.

I've prayed to the lord grand master, chief wizard of Cheese. Although I've not heard anything back to date, I've a feeling that we're going to do it.

2-1 to the Rovers - and we'll get a penalty. Don't know who's playing, don't know where they're playing, don't know who scores - we'll win purely because no one likes this lot. The fans will put their growing frustration to one side and concentrate on getting behind the team and giving united a good hiding.

Arsenal away was a completely different prospect. This lot are beatable, as it'll no doubt be pointed out to us on several occasions by their fans if we do win, they have " 'alf a bleedin' team awt guvnor - and you bought the ref / title / some players" etc.

If you're looking for positives, we haven't lost a single game where we've taken the lead this season.

biggrin.gif

seriously though, i'm wondering if we will even take the lead in any game this season... ohmy.gif

for the game itself, hope to see pedersen on the left if he's eligible. and no matter what, please souey, no matteo in midfield!!!!!!! and let's see if gally makes the squad...

if it were up to me, it'd be

friedal

neill amo(if fit) nissa gray

thompson fergie tugay pedersen

de pedro

yorke

but think i'd have a better chance of striking lottery than seeing the above line up tomorrow...

If reports are true and pedersen has signed then I would put him straight in the team.

The reports are true and Pedersen has signed a four year deal with Rovers. The club are saying that he will be in the squad if his international clearance arrives in time. A second report from the club is saying he will play if he receives international clearance - which one Lee? biggrin.gif

Fergusson is in the squad but Amo and Dicko will both have late tests.

Apparently Spector is expected to start at left back for United tomorrow.

Maybe this could be a place we should target as a weakness on there side.

We should play to emerton alot and give him instructions to run at the full back.

Maybe I am weird but not an hour goes by and I dont think about Matteo in midfield.

I think he is a good defender but NOT a midfielder. Not when everyone is fit anyway.

Please put me out of my misery....

We should play to emerton alot and give him instructions to run at the full back.

Dear God! That's the surest fire way for us to lose that I've ever heard of. Let's play lots of balls to "who me? go past him? MUMMY!!!" Emerton? The winger who gets CHEERED when he actually passes an opponent (I know I've HEARD the two cheers in the past 2 seasons)

The man is useless and should be left as far away from the first team as possible.

That said, he'll play.

It’s probably too early in the season to be talking about “must win” games but this is definitely one we must not lose. I’ve been pro-Souness up to now but if we lose this one through unfathomable tactics, ridiculous substitutions or conceding more goals than the opposition I’m going to get really cross, then really disappointed and then really depressed. I will be calling for Souey’s head before Sunday.

It’s not the 1 point from 4 games that worries me or the fact that we look like relegation fodder two weeks into the season. I can cope with that but I’m due to fly out to Spain to stay with ManU-supporting friends next week. If we lose, I’ll have to pack the wife off on her own and have my holiday on St. Annes pier.

If I have to spend yet another holiday playing the 2p roulette and riding the Fireman Sam carousel then I’m sorry but Souey’s got to go.

My prediction then:

Rovers 1 – 2 Man U

Souey gone by Friday

Fireman Sam carousel broken by Tuesday.

That game where you roll a 2p onto a moving, striped belt and try to land it between (but not touching) the black lines fails to pay out again even when the 2p is slap-bang in the middle. It owes me 14p that thing.

I've prayed to the lord grand master, chief wizard of Cheese. Although I've not heard anything back to date, I've a feeling that we're going to do it.

You`ve seen light Bob, praise be.

The futures bright. The futures is Edam shaped.

I Camembert leave it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.