BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man Utd Home

In an radio intervju tonight, MGP said that he had been told by Souness that he will play from the start on Saturday. He also added that he had done some freekick training today. Maybe we will see a great goal tomorrow on a freekick just outside that 16m box.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't advocate the midfield selection, I was merely backing up another poster who I happen to agree with. I notice you didn't reply to his post, you chose to continue your vendetta with me.

Vendetta!! I can honestly say I've never even thought twice about you CLB. As for the quote above, I just quoted the last post. If I'm guilty of anything its laziness.

Anyway, you're obviously a sensitive flower so I apologise for calling you a clown. I'm sure you'll be quick to apologise to everyone who didn't attend the Lisbon game for calling them "spoon-fed pussies". You seem to have one rule for yourself and another for everyone else.

Friedel

Neill   Amoruso   Short   Gray

Emerton   Ferguson   Tugay   Pedersen

Dickov   Stead

Spot on - my team exactly.

Not a single person in midfield who can tackle.

If United's midfield is:-

Fletcher Scholes Djemba Giggs/Ronaldo

we will require a bit more than just a tackler. Fergie will do enough. We need to show a lot of craft and have a real go or we have no chance. I understand your point but I feel we need to go for quality.

I wouldn't worry though as I have little doubt that we will have plenty of tacklers in the middle.

As for us complaining about our own GS playing players out of position, didn't Fergie play that young right-footed centre-back at left-back in the CL game?

We are definitely capable of getting a victory, lets hope Man.Ure give some youngsters a go. I would particular like Darren Fletcher play, he seems nothing but an ordinary player who cannot finish and crossing ability is dire.

My team would be:

Friedel

Neill    Amoruso     Short    Gray

Emerton    Thompson    Ferguson   Gamst-Pedersen

Dickov    Stead

Edited by RoverDrake

Has it been mentioned anywhere that Thommo will play? If not then I don't understand why everyone is predicting him to start the game..

I think we'll line up the same as wednesday, except Fergy for Matteo obviously, and possibly Gamst Pedersen slotting in at left mid instead of Gresko.

If Amoruso is fit then Souness will probably play him from the start. He will then yet again drop Nissa after a good performance... So unfair on the lad.

Hopefully the bench will feature young Gallagher.

if the midfield can do there job and act as link between the defence and attack them I think that we will do quite well, the problem is that we are players who can defend or attack but not both and mid field is aplace where players have to do both and man utd have players who can do that.

Once agin I think we should play a 3-5-2 and give it a go, but we will likley play a 4-4-2 and a draw would do me, byt a win would be wonderful rolleyes.gif

As this is our fourth game of the season I really hope that Souness can pick a well balanced team playing a regular 4-4-2. Hope to see Thompson on the right and Gamst Pedersen on the left, and Matteo in the hart of defence.

If we play like that I think we might have a chance:

Rovers 1 ManU 0

Ice cold shower moment.

If we lose today, we go rock bottom.

Bubble bath moment.

If we win today, we go above the Mancs.

Souage moment.

Today's line-up is could be anything but my guess is he will opt for:

Friedel

Emerton, Short, Nissa, Gresko

Thompson, Matteo, Ferguson, MGP

Stead, Yorke

...and make two half time substitutions replacing Emerton and MGP.

It really depends what Blackburn Rovers team shows up. If the team that contained Arsenal for 45 mins plays then we have a real chance.

If the team that capitulated to Saints shows up then we're going to get hammered (and not in a good way)

sad.gif

1-1

I can add that most likely Morten will take all long throws. He has almost the same length and power in his throws as Riise has. That says alot.

Sounds good. I feel we've been missing that dimension in our games. Now there's only a dozen more missing dimensions to get, but we're on our way wink.gif

Blackburn: Friedel, Neill, Matteo, Amoruso, Short, Thompson, Ferguson, Tugay, Pedersen, Stead, Dickov. Subs: Emerton, De Pedro, Enckelman, Johansson, Yorke.

Man Utd: Howard, Gary Neville, Spector, Silvestre, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Giggs, Scholes, Smith. Subs: Phil Neville, Saha, Bellion, Carroll, Miller.

C'MON ROVERS

looks like a good team. only thing i don't understand is why gray has been dropped. would rather see gray there instead of gresko.

ronaldo vs matteo... hmmmm ohmy.gif

Edited by vyeo

This looks a much better line-up.

The midfield looks so much more balanced providing Mr P is as good as his reviews,

I am willing to forgive Matteo some of the shocking memories of the last three games if he justifies replacing Gray in this game.

As things stand, I dont care about the result so much as seeing 70-90minutes of a decent performance. If we can bag that we can build from here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.