BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man Utd Home

Did anyone else find the 4 mins of added time predicatable, I told the wife right towards full time, there is injury time yet, we are winning, down to 10 men so we should see the standard fergie 4.

Havent a clue what you are on about there mate.smile.gif

As to what I said to my wife as they equalised has to go unsaid as its unprintable!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum,

Edited by HertsRover

where did the 4 come from??? i had 3 as per normal!!!

Disgrace the standard of reffing and asstant reffing!

They need to sort there heads out!

Amo should have been taken off as he was on a yellow, probally only other complaint was playing dom at lb instead og gray!

We deserved that.... no brad deserved those 3 points!

I sat for the last 10 minutes knowing they were going to equalise. I knew they would, and I would have accepted 1-1.....but not when the goal is the result of blatant cheating - and halfway through a very dubious fourth minute of injury time. I can't remember the last time I felt so deflated.....oh wait yes I can, it was last ###### Saturday.

People can say Souness bleats an moans too much about 'Lady Luck', but that's two weeks in a row we have been robbed in the last minute, and 5 points become 2. mad.gifmad.gif

Edited by Radagast

I sat for the last 10 minutes kowing they were going to equalise. I knew they would, and I would have accepted 1-1.....but not when the goal is the result of blatant cheating - and halfway through a very dubious fourth minute of injury time.

People can say Souness bleats an moans too much about 'Lady Luck', but that's two weeks in a row we have been robbed in the last minute, and 5 points become 2. mad.gifmad.gif

Shouldnt it be 4 points become 1?

We played well this game, I'd say it looks promising. Obviously they were gonna pile the pressure on when we had Amo sent off, and United are renowned for late equalisers/winners, while Rovers are famous for conceding them.

Positives: Emerton, Dickov, Stead, Friedel. Thought both Ferguson and Tugay did well. Defense was ok too. So practically everyone wink.gif MGP has been at the club for two days, and was up against Gary Neville who, regardless of what you think of him, is one of the better RB's in the league. He did provide the ball for Dickov's goal though. Friedel was absolutely immense.

We should beat Newcastle when we play like this.

Agree with all of this.

We just looked more together. Down to ten men, it was a different match. Until then we looked like a team with balance and purpose.

Very pleased that Matteo and Emerton contributed.

MGP needs time.

Today's gripe - Yorke. You look at the game: Stead off, Yorke on and you think, well that has not improved our attacking options. I am guessing there's no chance of another striker signing before the deadline. We need Gally back ASAP to help Stead and Dickov.

Hugely encouraged today.

I sat for the last 10 minutes kowing they were going to equalise. I knew they would, and I would have accepted 1-1.....but not when the goal is the result of blatant cheating - and halfway through a very dubious fourth minute of injury time.

People can say Souness bleats an moans too much about 'Lady Luck', but that's two weeks in a row we have been robbed in the last minute, and 5 points become 2. mad.gif  mad.gif

Shouldnt it be 4 points become 1?

If we'd got a point from the Saints game.

Sorry boys but i havent read the previous posts cos I am in a mood after that and just need to let off some steam so sorry if this has already been said:-

WHY TAKE DICKOV OFF - he was chasing everything and really wanted a result - fantastic so, put Yorke on who looked like he just wanted a little smile and a walk around - Divey (dont know what words are banned but it would have been stronger.

Ref - what a gimp - if you book for going in the back of someone else then you have to book whoever took thompson out. Also, IF THE BALL GETS BATTED DOWN FOR A PLAYER THEN IT MEANS ITS HANDBALL EVEN ALEX FERGESSON SAID SO. Lets just bring in live replays then Rovers would do much better.

BRAD - What a hero. I dont buy keeper shirts but I might get his name on my normal shirt - FANTASTIC

Lets face it, all of us would have taken a draw at the begining of the day but the way its happend makes me sick.

I'm off to read the previous posts now so as said sorry if my points have been repeated.

BRAD I LOVE YOU

Absolutly gutted with that, it feels like we've lost and yet again because of the referee. Surely there's something that can be done about it like video replays. Utd's goal has got to show a strong case to stop the 'big' teams cheating.

absolutley gutted for BRFC and its fans.

Just back ready to do some gardening as I seriously need to calm down and cannot hack the thought of a pint without going overboard and killing everyone and everything that crosses me in the next hour or so !

The team were great, Emerton showed us what it is to be a einger on the odd occasion and we should have seen more, If only he could do it more.

The fans were great, how nice to see the Riverside remianing in their seats and CHEERING no URGING the team on.

The magnificent display by Brad, a sight to behold.

Amaruso ? well I will wait until the tv replay but I can suggest that it was no more than a shoulder charge, I remin to be corrected if its a foul.

Stead, great perfromance.

Midfield generals in Tugay and Fergie, both had great games.

The sight of RFW the fat red whingeing bully tromping the touchline with his watch in hand makes me puke. He and his diving team are a disgrace considering the type of football they can produce.

The whole Rovers set up is taking shape, there is a spirit in that team epitomised by Dickov and Fergie. I have no fear whatsoever about how we may do this season IF we continue.

MGP deffo needs time.

Now for the whinges.

the ref was a shocking example al durso dickead. How can he differentiate between a rovers foul and manure foul. I mean rovers players booked for petty fouls manure "stars" bollocked by a smiling ref. He could not wait for them to score and just where he got 4 minutes of fergie time from is a feat that only a miracle could replace.

How did he not see that blatant foul on Thommo ?

How did he not see the blatant handball by saha ?

How did he not see the kick by giggs on Tugay ?

How did he not see the pull back on Emerton by spector ?

yet he sees a nudge on smith that allows constant free kicks into our area !

How did he not realise that cloonaldo - great player he may be going to become - was conning him each and every time he fell over the laces in his boot or the invisible man tripped him ?

Points for the blue side to note.

Why didnt we have a recognised full back ? was Gray injured ?

Why put Yorke on instead of Stead ? The defence of manure were frightened of him thoughout.

Why continue with MGP ? He was clearly short of the game towards the last 20 minutes ?

How fast can Gally be brought back from injury ? We need his vision in laying the ball off.

When will we ever get the rub of the green ?

when will we ever see a decent enough ref with the bollux to say to all and sundery manure related scumbags that they are NOT the champions, they are not the be all of football, they are no longer a team that can be called champions, they are a team that celebrates like they have won the league when all they had done today was escpare with a cheated point. mr Wiley could not wait long enough for a red goal.

Rant over, great performance by Rovers but in particular a good solid display from the back.

its just sad that we get the 1 point instead of a deserved 3.

anyhow all those that predicted a big loss on the mb can all go and take a running jump in the leeds and liverpool ! tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

I think Souness would've liked to bring MGP off, but when Amoruso got sent off he had to bring on a defender and then we'd used all three subs already. I agree with everything else you said tho 1864, except that the ref wasn't quite as bad as D'Urso.

Before the game I would've been pretty happy with a draw. But when it was 1-0 at half time I would only have been happy with a win.

I really need to watch that game again because there was decision after decision that baffled me. As well as the obvious the other big decision which was mentioned on the ref thread was that before Amo's sending off Dickov was pulled all over by a Manc defender who then went through the back of him. Ref waved play on - long ball forward - sending off.

Why if Scholes goes to ground and slides in on Ferguson not winning the ball is it not a yellow. because he shook his hand? How can Ronaldo do a dive so bad and yet not get booked. Every time the ball was played forward and Yorke and Neville tussled for the ball neville got a free kick. Why is the advantage rule never used to our advantage. Why did their equaliser come from a free kick taken 20 metres from the wroing position because in the first half that was being penalised. I could go on and on.

People wil say that happens in every game and you always see things from your own side but in our case I really believe thats not true. Some people will probalby do what George Graham did and state it wasn't deliberate hand ball even though it was knocked back accurately with some force.

The problem with footy is that the frustration that most of us feel now is something we have to live with. The decision won't be reversed. The ref won't comment. The FA wont comment. The only thing that makes us feel better is by putting our point across. And the only man who has the public face to do that is Graeme Souness. If I was Souey I'd bast the referee. I'd highlight everything I could be it from this season or the last. I'd call the referee a clown and the FA clueless and spineless for not having the guts to do anything about it. Will TV replays work? We don't know but why not try it, even if its just for one round of the league cup. Instead we will keep a closed shop were referees can quietly live with there biasedness and incompetence safe in the knowledge they are under the protective cloud of the people above them. We have to pay £20, £30 even £40 for the pleasure of watching live sport ruined by these men.

I for one have had enough. mad.gif

The game wasn't televised here, so i haven't seen it. But having read several match reports the ManU goal sounds like an obvious hand ball - all the major outlets are calling it exactly that, yet none seem to be particularly outraged at the refereeing. Can someone fill me in? Was it obvious only on the replay? Or was it just blatant and the referee can't have possibly missed it?

ESPN Soccernet:

...but he (Briedal) was finally beaten after Louis Saha appeared to palm the ball into the path of Smith.

But with just 30 seconds remaining of the four minutes of injury time, United finally grabbed the equaliser when Smith lashed an unstoppable shot past Friedel into the roof of the net from 12 yards after the ball came back to him off Saha's hand.

BBC Sport: (includes photo of Saha and Smith cheering themselves on, with at least Saha well aware of the handball, surely!)

United launched one last attack on the Blackburn goal with Louis Saha using his hand to turn the ball into the path of Smith, who rifled home.

But the Rovers keeper was finally beaten with only seconds to go when Smith struck his equaliser after being handed the ball by Saha.

I'm sure there's more. But what really puzzles me is that there's no negative opinion voiced about the goal. The strongest it gets is someone (Soccernet, i believe) calls it a 'controversial' equaliser. Sure, but if you can report it as "clear handball" isn't it a bit more than "controversial"? More like, "illegal"? Otherwise i'd expect them all to be qualifying their statements with phrases like "possible hand ball", and "Saha appeared to handle the ball"... it's pretty worrying when it's obvious to people that the rules have been broken, they say as much, and yet go no further with it.

1864roverite Posted: Aug 28 2004, 15:38   

Just back ready to do some gardening as I seriously need to calm down and cannot hack the thought of a pint without going overboard and killing everyone and everything that crosses me in the next hour or so !

Its just a good job that the game was on early enough for me to get home and sober up enough before tonight or thats exactly what would have happened "Do you want a drink" "SOD OFF" Where as now I'm calming down a little cos a draw against UTD is a good result at then end of the day.

Just trying to collect my thoughts here... thought I'd comment on what other people have said.

I sat for the last 10 minutes knowing they were going to equalise. I knew they would, and I would have accepted 1-1.....but not when the goal is the result of blatant cheating - and halfway through a very dubious fourth minute of injury time.

That's certainly the way I felt. A draw was a fair result in the end, but the way that it happened was shocking. Rovers' hard work and dogged defending all afternoon was wiped out by a pass that was certainly clever, but ultimately fit for the basketball court and not the football field. Of course it never should have happened anyway...

There is no way that there should have ever been 4 minutes of extra time.  If the refs awarded less, which they should have since there was no reason to give 4 minutes, we would have won.

Exactly. Nothing more needs to be said about that.

OMG - Dwight Dorke.

The man should do the decent thing and donate his weeks wages to charity because he doesn't deserve it. Him coming on was like adding another United player to the pitch. No enthusiasm, no threat, no aerial ability - just the same goofy smile and indifferent attitude.

The guy is a joke. Paul Gallagher would at least have made a nuisance of himself.

Couldn't have said it better myself. As Pringle said, he was only brought on for fifteen freaking minutes, so he should have run his ass off for that time. If someone will pay us something for him, I say do it... as bad as Pedersen looked today, I'd rather have him up front than the "Caribbean slug."

While I'm on it, a sidenote about Pedersen. He clearly looked off the pace today, but I can't really blame him for that. However, the commentators did get one thing (and one thing only) right today: he should have come off before Dickov. Even if Dickov had to drop into midfield, he clearly offered more today then MGP did.

Oh, and one more tangent off this thought. Although I questioned his substitutions a bit, it appears that Souness got the tactics mostly right today. Matteo acquited himself fairly well against the prowess of Ronaldo and Giggs; Dickov was brilliant again; Emerton finally provided real width on the right; and the side finally had a decent look about it. That eleven is a bit susceptible to the counter, but overall it looked nice and balanced.

How did Spector look?  Would like to get an opinion from someone other than a ManUtd supporter.

I thought Spector looked okay. Obviously left back isn't really his position, and Emerton managed to get by him a few times, but Emerton actually played well today and you can't fault Spector for his effort. He mishit a couple of passes, but overall he defended rather resolutely, drew a couple of fouls from Emerton and, while he looked a bit inexperienced, he certainly didn't look off the pace. Good news for the USMNT I hope... it'll be interesting to see how long it takes before Arena gives him a call-up. It's just a shame he plays for ManUre and not a team that's actually somewhat likeable.

We deserved that.... no brad deserved those 3 points!

My dad watched the game with me and brought up an interesting point--he said that Man U didn't really "deserve" an equalizer as the commentators were going on about. You don't deserve a goal in soccer by virtue of possessing the ball, he said... you have to actually put the ball into the back of the net.

It's a good point as regards Man U I think. Even after Saha's blatant handball, the commentators dismissed it somewhat because United had apparently worked hard all day and deserved at least a draw... like the blown call was okay because they had some kind of God-given right to an equalizer. It totally infuriated me to say the least.

Personally, I thought the referee did a decent job for most of the match. True he was a bit card happy with respect to Rovers (Stead's yellow was wholly undeserved I think)... but Amoruso, as much as I hate to admit it, deserved a second yellow as he was clearly the last man back when he hauled down Saha.

However, the decision for four minutes of extra time was absolutely criminal, and the blown call on Saha's clear and intentional handball cost us dear. I'll admit that it all happened quickly and it may have been a tough thing to spot, and the ref could get no help from the linesman who was on the far touchline. But he's paid to be a referee and he's paid to see those things, and when he costs Blackburn two points that could end up being vital as this season wears on, it well and truly is an absolute shame.

And back to modes' comment: you're spot on. Friedel played an absolute blinder, and he certainly deserved better than to be screwed out of a clean sheet and a MoM performance in an enormous victory by an incompetent referee. That's three points down the drain to bad calls already this season, and we're only four games in!

All in all though, a much more encouraging performance from Rovers, and it's not out of the question for them to get something next week at St. James'.

Edited by Philly Rover ®

Maybe we should first remember when gally scored with his hand against the toon. We all cheered like mad, and do did the players and gally.

But anyway, I thought we were fantastic till Amo got himself sent off who was playing well before that happened. I would have accepted a draw and man yoo deserved it but thats very harsh the way it happened.

Anyway, apart from Brad, my MOM would go to Brett Emerton-HE WAS FANTASTIC! Just like against Woves over a year ago.

Oh, and how the hell did pederson miss??? To be fair, he got stuck in and we scored from his long throw but it was a great goal from Dickov.

It was very even up till 60mins and I really felt we would hold on, but oh well. Im sure that will give the lads great confidence.

My match ratings

Friedel: 9.5

Neill: 6 - I thought he was very poor and he looks as if he's put on weight

Short:7- Solid, but why cant he head the ball forward instead of up

Amo: 6 - Silly first booking as the player was going nowhere. But played ok

Matteo: 6.5- He was ###### in the first half but decent in the second

Emerton: 8.5- Fantastic, showed his pace and took and beat people

Fergie: 6.5- Solid, but it would be hard against Man Yoo

Tugay: 6.5- Same as fergie

Pederson: 6- Should have scored and got stuck in, but I guess he's only trained half a day with rovers so far

Dickov: 7- Great goal and played well in the first half, i dont know why souness didnt take him off instead of stead

Stead: 8- Great, held the ball up brilliantly, dont no why he was taken off

subs: Yorke: I tought he did ok when he came on. He played on his own which is very hard and won a few freek kicks

Well that got the blood pounding and back to it's true colour of blue and white. It's a fine day in Blackburn, there was a buzz as we walked down LBR towards the ground, lots of Rovers and not a Manc in sight. Inside we sang and it soon became apparent this could be a day when we might leave with our heads held high. By injury time EVEN the family stand was on it's feet singing, a sight I have not seen for years, if ever. I left Ewood gutted, but not surprised, I felt United would score, we deserved to win, United cheated constantly. Got home physically drained and had to lie down to recover from this game.

Tonight a lot of pride has been restored in the blue and white shirt. If the players continue to perfom with the same PASSION and comittment this could tunr into a decent season. They gave us something to cheer, we backed them all the way. After weeks of disappointment I feel a lot better, lets hope for more of the same on Monday.

I'm not going into detail on the match, others will do this later much better than me. Lots of questions being asked earlier on in this thread so i'll try to answer them here for you.

Injury time: 5 substitutions at 30 secopnds per sub equals a minimum of 2.5 minutes. Another 30 seconds would have been reasonable. The big point for me is the referee signalled for 3 minutes to the fourth official who then got his board out. Before it was held up Ferguson protested, Souness went balistic and suddenly we are playing four minutes.

Gally is injured, simple as that.

Souness got it right today. I could only argue with two points, where is Gray and why bring on Yorke? At the point Yorke came on there were plenty of gaps in the Utd defence, clearly the idea was for Yorke to hold up the ball and exploit those gaps. OK sound thinking. The trouble with this plan being once Stead went off the bloody gaps disappeared. Yorke didn't chase down as hard as he might have done.

Emerton? Well bugger me he can play football!!!! If Emerton can build on this performance and be just a little more accurate with his crossing we'll have a player on our hands. Well done Brett - you've shown you can do it, now do the same every week. He even hit the touchline a few times. blink.gif Brett rattled the Utd defence and in the second half was beating them ON THE OUTSIDE ohmy.gifohmy.gif Do it again, son do it again.

Friedel was awesome, back to his best of the season but last. World class.

Pedersen? he'll be OK. He should have scored when the ball was laid back to him. With only Howard to beat he hit a screamer first time when in fact he had time to steady the ball and place it. Hey this was his debut.

Ferguson - he hurt someone!! Go on Baz try it again. Not my favourite player but much, much happier with his performance today. Plus his post match interview clearly showed he was gutted at the result.

Ronaldo - until today I liked him. I'd only seen him on the telly but you had to respect and enjoy his skills. I now realise he's a cheat. All that talent and he has to cheat? I hope he's a disaster from now on - cheats get what they deserve.

Utd's goal - shouldn't have been allowed, a clear hand ball but that's Utd for you.

All in all I'm happy because the performance counted. We needed this to build our self-esteem, I'm still not sure about Souey but for now I'm a lot happier about Blackburn Rovers.

Does the watch actually get stoped when making subs?? I never thought so. I always thought thats why managers make subs in the last mins of games, to waste a few seconds.

And Paul, I cant believe you dont like Ferguson ohmy.gif

Edited by greggyk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.