BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man Utd Home

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Please don't use that word again) off Dwight Yorke. You've come on as a sub, you've got fresh legs, CHASE EVERYTHING.

at least me and you were proved wrong a bit, Emerton actually looked half decent.

just been pub on dinner full of mancs, cant get over that goal, really cant. to be honest man u deserved a goal, its just the way they went about it.

nice to see Brad back to his best. Morten, keep practising lad!

Different game. Different day. Same old Rovers.

Different day, different game same old officiating.

I am sorry lads and lasses but I think I have had enough of this game, our great game is ruined. I have seen enough to know now there IS a clear and present bias in this sport, it is intolerable.

4 Mins my arse. Sending off my arse, why is one team allowed to push pull hold and kick opponents yet another is not allowed any contact whatsoever. It's ###### it's rigged.

Jon Stead is getting battered every game he plays he gets nothing. Ronaldo goes down with a gust of wind free kick.

Saha clearly intentionally handled the ball back into the danger area ref doed not see it, ######. 93-1/2 mins into the game I make it about 1-1/2 mins after when the game should actually have ended.

Yes United were the better team but that's not the point is it, referees are making decisions based on "player reputation" rather than the events that are actually unfolding in front of them and I am sick of it.

Why bother playing the games anymore, why not just let the FA pencil in the results they want.

I am friggin ###### off. You all pish and moan about Souness going on about the refs and lady luck well wake up people it's because he has a bloody good point. I am going for a lie down. Mugged again by the man in the middle, sick of it and it needs fixed.

And another thing while I am at it, I am sick of the bloody commentators gushing supelatives about these "top" teams. An innocuous handball by Saha they say, no way he menat to do that they say. Shove it up your bottom I say, he bloody passed it back with his hand, he mean to do it. This sport, if thats what you can call it, is starting to take the shape of the WWF.

Edited by USABlue

No. Way. 93rd minute..................93......

To be fair, we rarely got out of our own penalty area in the 2nd half, United were on the attack non-stop. We would have lost heavily if it wasn't for Brad, who produced some stunning saves. However, we showed that we could hang on and get the 3 points. The ref cost us the game once again. and again and again and again....will it ever stop ? Clear handball by Saha, it should have been a freakick. Also I'm not sure Amoruso deserved to be sent off, but that diving b@****d Ronaldo certainly did.

1-1 against United is not a bad result, but it's a massive blow to lose the win in the 93rd minute

would have settled for 1-1 before game, would take 1-1 at H/T, would take 1-1 when Amo sent of but to concede in 95th bloody minute is hard to take...

Not nice at all but will have done the lads a world of good confidence wise. still no pen, 48 games now?

Goal seemed inevitable but is just the timing of it that is like a smack in the nuts. Without Brad we would have been smashed. How can you really complain about not winning when our keepr has had to play like a man possessed.

Last min goals are a real sickener though.

Saunders is talking about handball for their goal haven't seen it but judging from comments elsewhere sems we have been harshly treated again. Surely our luck has got to turn at some stage. St James Park?

tinykit.gif

OMG - Dwight Dorke.

The man should do the decent thing and donate his weeks wages to charity because he doesn't deserve it. Him coming on was like adding another United player to the pitch. No enthusiasm, no threat, no aerial ability - just the same goofy smile and indifferent attitude.

The guy is a joke. Paul Gallagher would at least have made a nuisance of himself.

Edited by rover6

We played well this game, I'd say it looks promising. Obviously they were gonna pile the pressure on when we had Amo sent off, and United are renowned for late equalisers/winners, while Rovers are famous for conceding them.

Positives: Emerton, Dickov, Stead, Friedel. Thought both Ferguson and Tugay did well. Defense was ok too. So practically everyone wink.gif MGP has been at the club for two days, and was up against Gary Neville who, regardless of what you think of him, is one of the better RB's in the league. He did provide the ball for Dickov's goal though. Friedel was absolutely immense.

We should beat Newcastle when we play like this.

Emerton did look good today. Lets hope him getting dropped gave him a kick up the arse.

I think the fact Tommo is back on the scene is making him realise 'hey ive come on for him i need to show im up for it' he showed some good pace, still think his distribution needs working on a hell of a lot.

For all its worth, still think there are far better teams out there than Man U. Really gutted we did not win as goin for a thai meal tonight with the girlfriend, her sister and her fella (all mancs) damn bragging rights thrown out the window

Surely our luck has got to turn at some stage. St James Park?

tinykit.gif

Got about as much chance of that as the souls in hell have of getting iced water.

Even less chance if the Geordies have signed Mr Rooney by then.

would have settled for 1-1 before game, would take 1-1 at H/T, would take 1-1 when Amo sent of but to concede in 95th bloody minute is hard to take...

Not nice at all but will have done the lads a world of good confidence wise. still no pen, 48 games now?

Goal seemed inevitable but is just the timing of it that is like a smack in the nuts. Without Brad we would have been smashed. How can you really complain about not winning when our keepr has had to play like a man possessed.

Last min goals are a real sickener though.

Saunders is talking about handball for their goal haven't seen it but judging from comments elsewhere sems we have been harshly treated again. Surely our luck has got to turn at some stage. St James Park?

tinykit.gif

Saha brought it down with the hand, Friedel partly stopped for it and tried his best last minute to keep Smith's drive out. Gutted.

Where's Gally, Pedersen is totally ieffective, I'd have Gally on for him.

USABlue, according to Radio Rovers, Gally's injured.

As for the game, we were robbed by the Sir Alex Ferguson Stop Watch™

Thanks, I like others was becoming concerned about his lack of appearances.

Pretty obvious handball there by Saha, nothing to do about the terrible refereeing is there? sad.gif

Thought we were good today apart from Amoruso who was his usual self, and Yorke of course... Even Emerton was good. MGP needs more time, clearly a bit awe-struck. Stead was excellent, he must have been taken off because he'd run himself into the ground? Matteo was much better at LB, than anywhere else he's played.

Got to be happy with a point, as it turned out. All hail big Brad! tinykit.gif

Oh and five subs and a red card, should have been 3 mins not 4 sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.