BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man Utd Home

Heart-wrenching stuff. I'm glad we started with a 4-4-2 ... I think we'll start getting results now, I was pretty impressed overall.

Few notes:

MGP really should've made it 2-0. Fantastic cutback from Emerton (who was astonishingly good for the most part). That said, he didn't look completely out of place.. just needs training.

and 4 minutes? No way.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent long throw from Pederson for Dickovs goal. An excellent finish by Dickov too. Thought we would hold on but it wasn't to be. If you'd asked me before the game I would have taken a draw but now it feels lika a loss.

3 Rovers fans in the pub in Hereford and we certainly made our presence known.

.................Amaruso ? well I will wait until the tv replay but I can suggest that it was no more than a shoulder charge, I remin to be corrected if its a foul.............

Why continue with MGP ? He was clearly short of the game towards the last 20 minutes ?

Amo had to go, it was clearly a bookable offence. The first yellow was daft on Amo's behalf. For the second Amo knew exactly what he was doing when he commited a fould half disguised as a shoulder charge.

I'd agree MGP needed to come off, but when Amo went, we needed to bring on a defender for a striker or face being over-run in midfield. I think MGP will do well for us, there were signs of a real talent.

Does the watch actually get stoped when making subs?? I never thought so. I always thought thats why managers make subs in the last mins of games, to waste a few seconds.

And Paul, I cant believe you dont like Ferguson ohmy.gif

I'm sure the rules say each sub is 30 seconds of added time. 5 subs = 2.5 minutes.

Ferguson? To date I have been disappointed with him, he doesn't seem to be the player we were promised by Souness. I'm prepared to change that view and thought he was good today. I was really pleased by his post match remarks.

I'm happy to be wrong about Ferguson. Just like Emerton, whose been totally useless for a year but today he was really, really good. I hope he's turned the corner.

Another frustrating afternoon. The Premiership in general and the players get better each year, so why the flying uncle can't the refereeing???

As someone else said, 1-1 before the kickoff would have been too much to hope for, even more so after Amo's departure. It would be nice though if the rest of the game didn't have that air of inevitability. Perhaps with Van Horseshead being absent, if Manure had been awarded a penalty, Mr Wiley could have stepped up and taken it for them?

Then again, Brad was wearing his Superman outfit again.

Can anyone tell me more about Gally's injury??

Thought we were excellent in central defence today, they dealt with every cross United threw in there, and there was no mistakes like on Arsenal's second goal against us. When a cross came to Smith, Amoruso was there to dive in and deflect the header outside the post. Really pleased to see that, because that's a must-have against a team with such good wingers.

Neill and Matteo did OK too, I'm still unpleased with Matteo's passing skills though.. In central midfield we worked hard, and even though I miss Tugay's amazing passes (like the one for Cole's goal against Fulham) I know we can't expect those to come every game..smile.gif

Barry was solid today, he's a leader and is clearly so important for the team. Would like to see even more of his attacking runs, but hopefully they will be more visible against other teams than United and Arsenal.

Morten was not good today, but as mentioned he didn't make a fool of himself, he was just invisible. He needs some tactical training though, he struggled to figure out how to defend properly. I'm sure he'll come good..

Emerton was very good, he put in a 100 percent effort and that's really what we can demand from him. He made a few brilliant runs down the right side, fantastic job on that good chance Gamst got to make it 2-0.

Dickov was also very lively, as usual, I really start to love his style of play. He works so incredibly hard, and his goal was very good ! I just love seeing him pull Neville's leg like he did, poor Moustache-Gary was left furious after every duel.. tongue.gif

Steady played another good game today, he's really established himself as a solid Prem striker, the goals is the only thing missing now !

Yorke? Get rid.

I thought he was back to show some old qualities, but when he comes on without working to win the ball after playing just 15 minutes - you wonder why the hell Dickov and Stead came off.

B r i n g b a c k G a l l y ! !

EDIT: Forgot to mention Big Brad, one word is enough:

B r i l l i a n t ! !

Edited by herbergeehh

biggrin.gif

Gutted at the end but you have to be pleased with that point. I am a happy man. We are unbeaten at ewood after 2 games!!! ohmy.gif

I am also so happy that brad has restored my faith in him. FIREDEL! Good days work. Everyone played well. Pedersen needs a few games, bet he didnt know half the players names today. Emerton was good!

1 worry, where was gray? was he injured, please god tell me souness hasnt fallen out with him.

I think Ferguson has been outstanding this season...

Strange how opinions can differ.

I think you are wearing your blue and white glasses, he's been good I think, but will still get better and has only played three games

as much as I'm gutted like the other supporters on this list, I have to point out that in 2 home fixtures, we haven't lost yet at home. And after last season, that's an improvement. The scum are the scum, and I wonder what Sir Alex will say to the cameras, since Saha missed his calling to join the French volleyball team in Athens, but we didn't lose. Which is more than I can say for the next opponent, Newcastle. Lets get them while they're down, and another bad ref notwithstanding, put some more points in the table.

We get stiffed by referees everytime that we play MU from the 'disallowed goal' of the championship season to Ashby's dodgy pen but just as a matter of interest how many times have we actually finished a match with 10 men against em? I can only rem one sending off from their side but with us it's almost become obligatory.

Maybe we should first remember when gally scored with his hand against the toon. We all cheered like mad, and do did the players and gally.

Please explain why we have to keep bringing this up? We have more than "paid" already for that - if we needed to in the first place. Surely anyone watching that goal would have seen that Gally was in the process of being fouled when that happened, and that was the reason why the ball hit his arm - would you rather the ref had awarded a penalty for him being fouled (which might have been missed)?

Tsk. If I hear this mentioned again you will go and stand in the corner for an hour.

Time-keeping. The ass. ref was waving the board about for some time before he actually put it up so the game had already gone well over time. He had put 3 on it, when Fergie held up his hand and then four fingers, when the (if I could say a naughty word it would be here) ass. ref changed it to four.

I'm going to lie down, it's been rather a week. blink.gif

Oh, and why was Ronaldo shaking the living daylights out of Tugay just before the goal?

Edited by roversmum

Dickov and Stead were great today, as were the defence - its amazing how much better we play with Amo in the defence (no honestly) Matteo at left back controlled Ronaldo brilliantly, which is probably why he went onto Lucas

Dont blame Ref for their equaliser do have questions about the 4 minutes

Pederson had a great Debut - shame he didnt score - Emerton was alright - Fergie was good as was Tugay. Needed Flity on to kick people I thought.

Oh well a point against the Scum - thats unbeaten for 5 years now at Ewood Muhahahaha

As I said before, I felt Yorke did the best he could today

Then you must have watched a different game.

What we needed from him was to hold the ball up and to run himself into the ground to try and take some pressure off. Sorry but I certainly didn't see any of that. He was awful and is a disgrace. Unfortunately it isn't up to me but if it was he would never pull on a Rovers shirt again.

The man is taking the urine out of us all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.