BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yorke To Celtic, No Brum.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past when players leave without submitting a transfer request, an arrangement is usually made in regards to compensation for the rest of their contract.

The stories coming out of Scotland implied that Celtic where going to take over the remainder of his contract hence no compensation.

Birmingham paid a fee.

The question are:-

Did Yorke submit a Transfer Request?

Have Rovers paid him compensation regarding the remainder of his contract?

The answers are: who cares, and who cares, we've gotten rid of him.

(Mea culpa, I wanted him to stay before the season began. That being said, I am happy he was replaced by a much younger player.)

Personally i think Dwight will do ok at Brum and i hope he does, tidy little player and if he can get his act together he should do ok for them (so long as he doesn't score the winner at Ewood).

Good luck Dwight, cheers for the memory.

For the money we brought Yorke for and the goals he got Yorke doesn't rate in the disaster category of transfers. Much has been made of his laziness, and I have to agree. Yes the guy's talented, he was great at holding the ball up but that was about it. I can't remember the last time he did something but lay the ball off to another player. I'm not advocating that a striker has to run about for the 90 minutes, but the occassional sprint now and again wouldn't have hurt him. Combined with his constant offside positions - which in an experienced pro just shows a lack of professionalism and care - meant that we were right to get rid. More importantly with both him and Cole off the wages (although I'd still like Cole to be here) the club should have enough financial flexibility to get a few top quality players, or strengthen the squad. The huge relief on the wage bill will hopefully allow the club to move forward once again.

As for the lure of the Premiership - what makes him think he'll get in the Birmingham team? In the SPL he might just have scored one or two. Nice one Bruce.

I think Dwight started the season well, and some of the comments about his performance in the ManU game ahave been OTT from frustrated fans who are finding it hard to accept that we let the lead slip in that fashion. He won some free kicks and did in fact hold the ball up. He was playing on his own up front with the ball abrely within 50 yards of him all the time.

In fact, he's barely put a foot wrong this season so far. He ran around a lot against West Brom and Arsenal. In fact, he's done nothing to suggest that he'd be half as bad as last season.

He's a player I enjoyed watching. I wouldn't have him starting in our team, but at the same time I don't hold as much against him as most of you seem to do. All the best to him.

What does my head in is Souness leaves him of the tour of Germany then from no where he is our 2nd striker behind Stead. And after the West Brom game most people was singing his praises. He has done nothing wrong apart from maybe not chasing a few balls down against United. But how can he be so far down the list 1 minute then starting the 1st game of the season the next with Souness doing an interview on Sky Sports News saying he is not for sale he wants to keep him etc. Then out of the blue he is sold to Birmingham. I know many people wanted him to go but weather you like it or not he is a class player and will do well at Birmingham and to make it worse he will probably score against us and stick his middle finger up at Souness ( which i wouldnt blame him for ) and have the last laugh. Good luck Dwight thanks for the goal at Highbury 2 seasons back!

Maybe Souey was trying to off load Yorke. Many teams aren't gonna buy him without seeing if he was in form or not. Maybe this was one of Souey more clever moments! What an inspiration!!!! rolleyes.gif

masterstroke by souness, put him in the window, and i know a man hu works at rovers hu has informed me tht yorke went for 2mil wot i find suprising but.............. he assures me so

well dun souey if thts the case, and finally he has started too buy young players!!! no more 30 yearolds please!!!! sad.gif

masterstroke by souness, put him in the window, and i know a man hu works at rovers hu has informed me tht yorke went for 2mil wot i find suprising but.............. he assures me so

well dun souey if thts the case, and finally he has started too buy young players!!! no more 30 yearolds please!!!! sad.gif

This is not a online txting service mate.

Rik please read the posting guidelines here especially items 1, 2, and 3, all of which you have managed to violate.

Rik please read the posting guidelines here especially items 1, 2, and 3, all of which you have managed to violate.

Before you automatically assume that he can read the guidelines Sam you really should watch 'That'll teach em' on Tuesdays.

Edited by thenodrog

wink.gif of course i can read u pleb!!! i forget that people are so succesful and clever that they have to sit there and have a go at sumone to make them selves feel better, wot a go getter you are mate wink.gifdry.gif

Before you automatically assume that he can read the guidelines Sam you really should watch 'That'll teach em' on Tuesdays.

wink.gif of course i can read u pleb!!! i forget that people are so succesful and clever that they have to sit there and have a go at sumone to make them selves feel better, wot a go getter you are mate wink.gifdry.gif

Rik, please NO TEXT SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rik, please NO TEXT SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think he's using text speak. He just can't spell!

Maybe we will have to put up with it!

please define PLEB !

what is a pleb ?

Do you actually know what a pleb is ?

As for slating the advisor, well without arse licking they do a great job for FREE.

Show a little courtesy and until you actually know what the meaning of a word is DONT use it blink.gif

wink.gif its ok i dont care you only get people on here who are over the age of 30, and half of them live in australia, good use to the rovers they are!!!!(aussie dave)and now i know why BECAUSE some of you old grannies who love too have a bit of banter, i mean if someone could have just told me politley about "text speak" then ok!! but all you past it fellas , thought "Ow" look someone has used text speak "gasp "what is the world coming too" wel.......... youve driven me away, ill go and find a different fourum cheers rich................

by the way

pleb : short for plebeian means common man,

and mate that "dont use it unless you know what it means" i remember using it in year 4, but nice one keep tryin wink.gif

Edited by rik

wink.gif its ok i dont care you only get people on here who are over the age of 30, and half of them live in australia, good use to the rovers they are!!!!(aussie dave)and now i know why BECAUSE some of you old grannies who love too have a bit of banter, i mean if someone could have just told me politley about "text speak" then ok!! but all you past it fellas , thought "Ow" look someone has used text speak "gasp "what is the world coming too" wel.......... youve driven me away, ill go and find a different fourum cheers rich................

by the way

and mate that "dont use it unless you know what it means" i remember using it in year 4, but nice one keep tryin wink.gif

I was wondering if the mods could maybe develop some sort of numpty alert? Maybe more than two txt words per post or more than three smilies could trigger it and then we'd know not to bother reading the post.

by the way

Well, that's told us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.