BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Mr Roversmum reckons the ideal situation would be Mark Hughes and Colin Hendry - Mark could go off to Wales when needed leaving Big Col looking after things!

However, as mentioned on another thread, when the idea was put to him last night Colin said he thought he ought to get Blackpool winning a few matches first!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello people . I'm not here to wind anyone up , just to offer my perpective from a Palace point of view .

Regarding Dowie , he is not under contract at the moment and he still hasn't signed a four year contract although the offer has been on the table for a while now . His family live in your part of the world and he has stated on several occasions how hard he has found this even though he has said he will not relocate them because he doesn't want there lives disrupted .

On top of this something very strange happened in the reserve game against Chartlon last night , where he walked of the pitch at the end looking downwards and refusing to acknowledge the Palace fans which is a first as far as i know . Theres also been an ( unconfirmed ) rumour that his agent has let it be known he is avaliable .

Of course all of this is just speculation at the moment and as a Palace fan i would be devastated if he left so i hope it is untrue ...If he does go to your lot though you would have got yourself a superb man manager , after all he took us from relegation fodder to premiership in 5 months with only two loan signings .

Watch his odds take a tumble ....

I'm sure most of the guests currently on this site are from the bookies, and that this messageboard is in fact a major driver of the wildly fluctuating odds

Hello people . I'm not here to wind anyone up , just to offer my perpective from a Palace point of view .

Regarding Dowie , he is not under contract at the moment and he still hasn't signed a four year contract although the offer has been on the table for a while now . His family live in your part of the world and he has stated on several occasions how hard he has found this even though he has said he will not relocate them because he doesn't want there lives disrupted .

On top of this something very strange happened in the reserve game against Chartlon last night , where he walked of the pitch at the end looking downwards and refusing to acknowledge the Palace fans which is a first as far as i know . Theres also been an ( unconfirmed ) rumour that his agent has let it be known he is avaliable .

Of course all of this is just speculation at the moment and as a Palace fan i would be devastated if he left so i hope it is untrue ...If he does go to your lot though you would have got yourself a superb man manager , after all he took us from relegation fodder to premiership in 5 months with only two loan signings .

Out of interest what has Dowies attitude toward the youth team been? Has he brought many young players through?

" A number of high quality candidates have thrown their hats into the ring and we are now in a position to draw up a short list with a view to making an early appointment if possible" - JW, on the official site.

Full article Here

Id rather they put their CV's in

Watch his odds take a tumble ....

I'm sure most of the guests currently on this site are from the bookies, and that this messageboard is in fact a major driver of the wildly fluctuating odds

Hehe you've sussed me out mate , i'm laying Dowie as we speak to make a killing wink.gif ,

Only joking of course , i came on here to see if you lot knew any more about it than us ....To be honest i hope you get Hughes because Dowie going would finish our club . And this is not being melodramatic we have a chairman who wants rid , we don't own our ground and our finances are dubious to say the least , and lets face it what manager worth his salt would be interested in a job like that .

Out of interest what has Dowies attitude toward the youth team been? Has he brought many young players through?

Very good actually , he's tried to build a team for the future here , and has resisted the urge to buy over the hill last big pay packet players.

If a players good enough he'll play regardless of age .

JW and the board seem to be running the club a lot better these days, so I'm fairly hopeful that we will get someone we are all happy with.

What I would hope will happen is the shortlisted candidates will all present their proposals for how they are taking the club forward in the next 5 years. Key to this, is an overhaul of the scouting network, the running of the acadamy, it's integration into the club as a whole & most importantly the day to day running of the first and reserve teams!

Whilst I think mark Hughes would be a great manager, if he comes, it's more likely he'll follow the steve mclaren route and stay in part time charge of the welsh national team.

If this happens - will he have enough time to devote to all areas of Blackburn Rovers and take us forward over the next 5 years?

Very good actually , he's tried to build a team for the future here , and has resisted the urge to buy over the hill last big pay packet players.

If a players good enough he'll play regardless of age .

Thanks for your original post Smithcpfc.

I've long held the opinion that if Rovers wanted Dowie they'd get him because of the fact his family live up here and it's caused him considerable upheavel in the past year or so.

I certainly think we could do a lot worse. He talks a hell of a lot of sense, takes great stock in the fitness of his players (look out dePedro) and is not afraid of being innovative in regards to new training techniques.

Oh and if he does come, I hope he brings Wayne Routledge with him. wink.gif

Whilst I think mark Hughes would be a great manager, if he comes, it's more likely he'll follow the steve mclaren route and stay in part time charge of the welsh national team.

If this happens - will he have enough time to devote to all areas of Blackburn Rovers and take us forward over the next 5 years?

Andy C

That is my worry and a risk Blackburn cannot afford to do.

We need someone to come in that can showjump never mind just ride and can take over the reigns and get them nags going from the off.

JW and the board seem to be running the club a lot better these days, so I'm fairly hopeful that we will get someone we are all happy with.

I agree with the first bit, JW also seems capable of handling the Press.

But I'm pretty sure whoever we bring in, somebody will be able to find fault!