SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it quite comical that people still dis managers as not being experienced enough to take over the reins especially Hughes.

Whoever we get will be not be experienced enough in managing Blackburn Rovers so to me in respect they are all starting on equal grounding.

Most have there positives and negatives but I feel as many others that we need somebody to come in with a fresh and ambitious but realistic outlook as to how they see Rovers going.

Generally the all round 'ambience' at Ewood has gone a bit stale and we need somebody to help gee up the whole feeling of the place.

We have gone down the road of installing supposedly experienced track record managers and those coaches with 'good grounding' previously eg Messrs Hodgson /Kidd and had our fingers burnt severely so maybe now is the time to get one of the up and coming managers as seen by many to install a of bit of ingenuity and optimism back into the club.

Seems weird to me that people dis the likes of Dowie/Hughes/Megson etc because they lack experience yet they are all managers already, however I can't remember many in uproar when Kidd was appointed, and he wasn't even a manager.

Very well put Captain, cant argue with any of that. The comment about starting on equal ground is especially apt, as you quite rightly say none of them will have managed this club before, infact to that end you could argue that Hughes perhaps has the most experience of all of the candidates, what with him having been at the club previously.

Seems weird to me that people dis the likes of Dowie/Hughes/Megson etc because they lack experience yet they are all managers already, however I can't remember many in uproar when Kidd was appointed, and he wasn't even a manager.

I agree with most of what you say Capt. The only thing about Hughes is that he hasn't managed at club level yet.

He could be a great coach, and if you believe everyone who's worked with him then he is, but is he great in the transfer market? He could be or he could be another Kidd. No-one knows the answer to that yet so it would be a gamble to appoint him.

It's a gamble I'd be quite happy to take though.

Hughes perhaps has the most experience of all of the candidates, what with him having been at the club previously.

Its good to see you are slowly warming to the idea of Hughes wink.gif ... three days ago you couldn't fathom why people were sugggesting him

Edited by AussieinUk

I think you just answered your own question there Capt. When we hired Kidd a lot of people were willing to look past his lack of managerial experience based on his reputation as a coach (and if we're honest, in part because we'd nicked him from United). Given that he was an unmitigated disaster as a manager, it is unsuprising that some Rovers fans are "once bitten, twice shy" about hiring another (relatively) inexperienced man to take the helm. Personally I think that the likes of Hughes or Dowie would be a great appointment. Neither are the managerial ingenues that some on here have made them out to be, and despite the fact that Hughes has only managed at international level, the noises coming from the dressing room indicate the high regard in which he is held by those in the domestic game. The new manager's ability to command the respect of the whole dressing room from day one will be critical. This ought to rule out Advocaat given his history with Toogs and Amo (why swap one unhappy set of players with another?) and should strengthen Hughes' claim on the job, given that he is clearly the fans and players choice for the position.

Hughes perhaps has the most experience of all of the candidates, what with him having been at the club previously.

Its good to see you are slowly warming to the idea of Hughes wink.gif ... three days ago you couldn't fathom why people were sugggesting him

I dont necessarily agree with the notion in my previous post, but by CK's theory it does seem to ring true.

You are right though, the idea of Hughes is becoming more appealling in my eyes with each passing day. Previously I was dead set against taking any sort of risk or gamble with this appointment, but on reflection that may be a worthwhile strategy. Its a change in opinion largely prompted by reading posts by Rover6, believe it or not.

"Sky Sports understands that Blackburn have a shortlist of 3 people for the vacant managerial job....."

The comment on SSN says Blackburn have confirmed a shortlist of 3.

On the official site, the statement from John Williams says there's "a short list" - no mention of how many names may be on it.

"In the space of four days, we have reached a position where we are able to move on to phase two and draw up a short list.

It is absolutely imperative that we get this appointment right and we will take whatever time we feel is necessary. Interviewing is a two-way process and we expect to have some detailed discussions over the coming days.

I trust that everyone will respect and understand that situation and we do not anticipate making any further statements until we are in a position to name our new manager.

I think you just answered your own question there Capt. When we hired Kidd a lot of people were willing to look past his lack of managerial experience based on his reputation as a coach (and if we're honest, in part because we'd nicked him from United). Given that he was an unmitigated disaster as a manager, it is unsuprising that some Rovers fans are "once bitten, twice shy" about hiring another (relatively) inexperienced man to take the helm. Personally I think that the likes of Hughes or Dowie would be a great appointment. Neither are the managerial ingenues that some on here have made them out to be, and despite the fact that Hughes has only managed at international level, the noises coming from the dressing room indicate the high regard in which he is held by those in the domestic game. The new manager's ability to command the respect of the whole dressing room from day one will be critical. This ought to rule out Advocaat given his history with Toogs and Amo (why swap one unhappy set of players with another?) and should strengthen Hughes' claim on the job, given that he is clearly the fans and players choice for the position.

Morph

Possibly have , but what I was trying to get across is that we need to install a manager+ sidekicks and not a coach and not a Shearer combination etc, which for me the usual suspect names are the ones that stand out.

As I have said previously it depends on how the club is considering its immediate position and its aims for the future and a fresh approach is what I feel the club needs - whoever it is one thing is certain - there will always be some that are not happy (inc myself) but we have to put our support behind whoever is given the hotseat , initially anyway.

Its certainly exciting times now down at Ewood and I feel confident the club will install whoever is right for Blackburn Rovers which will please the majority of fans and it will not be some of the deadwoods currently being bandied about.

BLACKBURN ROVERS - An experience that no fairground or Blackpool Pleasure Beach could ever discover - an undulating ride to prosperity and dreams with emotions to encompass everyones nightmares.