SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would not mind levine hes bought young cheap players who have made a mark at a scottish side which is not one of the top two teams.

fuller-now at preston

de vries

steven pressley

young talented manager - who knows the market for sure, and i wont miss souness for his transfer policy- buy big tough old players!

as it has already been mentioned, all the back room staff he has bought with him have just signed 4 year contracts.  Dowie considers his back room staff (John Harbin the fitness coach and Bob Dowie) very important, so if he does move to you I would be sure that he would stipulate that those two come with him, and thats where it might get a bit messy and expensive.

All due respects but it prob wont work that way cos unless Palace chose to replace Dowie from within any new manager for them would prob want to bring his own assistants and Palace would then have to terminate and pay up on those 4 year contracts.

The bonus with GS moving to Newcastle was him taking Boersma, Murray and Saunders with him. Any new manager coming here would not want them and they would have been expensive for us to get rid of.

If Dowie did go, then Kit Symons would almost definately be promoted up to the managers position. He is coach at the moment, and is being groomed to take over.

As far as most Palace fans are concernced Dowie was only half the reason why we did so well after he joined. The other half was down to Harbin, the fitness coach. Without him, I don't believe we would have got promotion, and he is certainly a massive asset to any club!

if indeed we are in for a young and up and coming manager then surely this must mean either Dowie,Hughes or Levein......all of them are excellent managers....whom i would prefer i am not sure.....perhaps....levein but certainly i would be delighted by hughes or dowie also....it would be nice to have fresh ideas and fresh enthusiasm, it really could help confidence soar throughout our side and help us rise in the league...if indeed it is one of these three whom would everyone else choose if it were there choice?????

I've had 3 spearate reports today (including one from Tris just now that reminded me to post it) that the shortlist is Hughes, Stachen and Moyes.

However, there is northing to say that these reports don't originate from the same source who is wrong, then again, two of the three got the Souness leaving rumour to me before it happened. So make of it what you will.

I've had 3 spearate reports today (including one from Tris just now that reminded me to post it) that the shortlist is Hughes, Stachen and Moyes.

However, there is northing to say that these reports don't originate from the same source who is wrong, then again, two of the three got the Souness leaving rumour to me before it happened. So make of it what you will.

I hope that's true Glenn. I'd be delighted with any of them.

That sounds good but with the developments at Everton and the Sunday papers I'd have thought that Dowie would be in rather than Moyes.

If Dowie did go, then Kit Symons would almost definately be promoted up to the managers position.  He is coach at the moment, and is being groomed to take over. 

As far as most Palace fans are concernced Dowie was only half the reason why we did so well after he joined.  The other half was down to Harbin, the fitness coach.  Without him, I don't believe we would have got promotion, and he is certainly a massive asset to any club!

I must admit that the fitness coach is 50% of the reason I am so keen on Dowie.

The Rovers players have to my eyes looked less fit than other Premiership players for some time now and our injury record seems to be worse than most.

As for the shortlist, remember it was originally said to contain five names- it probably does consist of more than three at this stage although there will be opinions amongst the board about who the front-runner is and quite possibly three plus reserves.

I wouldn't rule out Houllier from still being in the hunt at this stage but Hoddle has probably been politely declined. Only speculating.

PS if Hughes, Strachan and Moyes is the short list, the Rovers have done very well and it reflects the enormous respect with which the club is regarded outside the Sky Studios.

If he is indeed on the list, it has to be Moyes- the guy has done a brilliant job at Everton (lost his best player, had a disappointing season last time out but unlike Souness has regrouped his players into a very effective unit). He could be a great manager at a club better organised behind the scenes in the way the Rovers are.

PPS sorry for being so dismissive of Craig Levine this morning.

Edited by philipl