BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

Craig Levein has spent almost his entire career at Hearts, I think they signed him from Cowdenbeath. He was an excellent cenbtre half who suffered with injuries and has done a great job as manager in really difficult circumstances. He is reputed to be a top coach and I reckon he would be a good choice but I doubt he'll get the job as he has no profile in England.

Another reason to rate Levein. About 10 years ago his central defence partner was Graeme Hogg (ex-Man U). In a pre-season game Craig wasn't impressed with Hogg's attitude so he decked him with the best punch you have ever seen. Hogg was carried off with a broken jaw while Levein was sent off. It was a fantastic moment and maybe suggests that Levein would take a different approach when he falls out with a player to Souness's slagging them off to the press.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way McLeish is shaping at Rangers (7 pts behind Celtic after 5 games) Levein will probably end up there in in a few weeks.

Wouldnt be in the slightest bit surprised.

I'd welcome Levein, he's an excellent manager in my opinion. Probably a bit too early for him though.

I see no reason for people to go a bundle on Strachan, his pedigree is not hugely impressive.

Unfortunately the pool of managers we have to pick from has no obvious "magic bullet" candidate. That's without an inside knowledge of the game.

I still maintain Moyes is the best we could go for.

Who knows, perhaps there's a lot of subterfuge going on and teh appointment will shock everyone as it's a big name not mentioned in the press whom we have poached from another club.

Probably not. laugh.gif

For any team, now is not the time you want to be appoint a new manager.

However we dont have much choice in the matter.

I agree Moyes would be good, but Everton have started very well this season and the potential is there for them if they maybe spend a bit in January. Moyes seems fairly passionate and loyal to the cause as well.

Strachan could be just what we need. He can be a fiery character but he has a soft side to and looks like he can communicate well with players. He seems to talk a good game, which can mean nothing but he does talk sense. He would of learnt from his troubled time at Coventry and he also believes in having quite a stuctured back room staff.

Hughes is similar in many respects, however as others are pointing out he doesnt have club management experience.

The topic should be brought up in the studio, so it will be interesting to see Strachan's reaction.

They also sometimes preview the morning papers, so we will see what that brings up...

Wasn't even mentioned. You have to assume that Strachan asked for it not to be.

Edited by Scotty

I think our new manager should be Scott Baio from Charles in Charge. Sures he's the new boy in the neighbourhood, but he lives downstairs and it's understood that he's there just to take good care of me (by which i mean blackburn rovers) like he's one of the family. Charles in charge of our days and our nights, Charles in charge of our wrongs and our rights, that's why i want (i want) Charles in charge of Blackburn Rovers.

Seemed they ran out of time and only gave the rest of Prem league action about 6 minutes

What did you expect. They had Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur as their main game to concentrate their whole program on.

You forgot at least 5 mins on a deeply relevent report on a part-time Carpenters imitator called Karen who is PA to Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth and has cracking tits. rover.gif

Edited by thenodrog

I wonder whether the intense speculation that Keegan will be sacked by Man City will have a bearing on today's developments at Ewood?

There are more reports of pressure on Gary Megson- pprently there was a mass brawl amongst West Brom players and staff following their defeat at Liverpool.

The way things re going, 25% of the Premiership will have "lost" their manager within the first month of the season!

Edited by philipl

I find it difficult to see much talent in the team but I believe they are seriously demoralised and not able to show their true worth. Clearly much has happened at Rovers in the last 12 months. We know very little of what has really happened in the dressing room. These players now need a new manager to come in, give them a cuddle, reassure them and build their collective confidence.

Then it's got to be onward and upwards Rovers. cos it can't get much worse.

Paul, I think we do have talent in the team and I agree wholeheartedly with your view about morale and confidence etc. It sounds all the world t me like a job for Dowie. He can do the things you think we need plus I think he will take a longer closer look at the talent in our youth.

I think he can do it.

I wonder whether the intense speculation that Keegan will be sacked by Man City will have a bearing on today's developments at Ewood?

There are more reports of pressure on Gary Megson- pprently there was a mass brawl amongst West Brom players and staff following their defeat at Liverpool.

The way things re going, 25% of the Premiership will have "lost" their manager within the first month of the season!

In which case the board better get its finger out or we'll finish up with the absolute dregs, or worse - Kevin Keegan.

The Observer reported Keegan has put both his Cheshire appartments up for sale!! Two - speechless!! Presumably it's to confuse angry fans?

On BBC a suprise name has been linked. (Not sure if any1 has previously mentioned this) Craig Levein. Hes at Hearts at the moment and has been questioned. However he refused to comment on the reports linking him.

Maybe 30 posts have mentioned him.

On BBC a suprise name has been linked. (Not sure if any1 has previously mentioned this) Craig Levein. Hes at Hearts at the moment and has been questioned. However he refused to comment on the reports linking him.

Maybe 30 posts have mentioned him.

Monday morning. Couldnt really be assed trawling through pages to find some comments about it.

I pray that we get Mark Hughes or Dowie in the next 48 hours

I'm not knocking Mark Hughes and I obviously hope he does well when / if he comes in but can anyone explain why he is the overwhelming favourite for the job? He's very inexperienced in the role and despite having had a couple of good results for Wales these were some time ago and were followed by 18 months of bad ones - a run which still continues. (And before anyone blames it on the quality of the Welsh team are they really that much poorer than the players he'd have at Ewood?). It all seems vaguely reminiscent of the clamour for Kidd. Wasn't he the players / fans choice too?