BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Social Media Targets

Madon

• Backroom

An idea by somebody else on another thread. We need to target certain individuals at certain times tonight so that they will not miss it.

E.g. If everybody tweets Jason Roberts for example at 7pm then as long as he still uses twitter he HAS to see them.

I suggest one person per half an hour.

15th August -

7pm Jason Roberts

7.30pm Michel Salgado (the only person that seems slightly interested at present)

Please add on as you wish...

Admins, thought this was a good idea and didn't want it to get lost in the other thread.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only my opinion but I truly believe ex-players are going to be of no use to us. They have reputations within the game to uphold and may still be tied to NDA's.

We need to be hitting investigative journalists as these guys will want the story as this could be much bigger than we have actually realised.

Here is where we're up too then:

Jason Roberts - 19:00

Matt Smith - 19:10
Gary Aspen - 19:20
Lee Mac - 19:35
Wayne Hemmingway 19:45
Bill Beaumont 19:55
Faris Badwin 20:05

Jos Buttler 20:15

Michel Salgado (maybe a 'thanks for speaking out'?) 20:25

Can anyone confirm the twitter handles for any of these? Can anyone think of a tweet in less than 140 characters including their handle?

Only my opinion but I truly believe ex-players are going to be of no use to us. They have reputations within the game to uphold and may still be tied to NDA's.

We need to be hitting investigative journalists as these guys will want the story as this could be much bigger than we have actually realised.

Sounds like a plan - Any journalist suggestions/twitter handles?

Not a Rovers fan, was in 95, not anymore.

Steve Pemberton

Sorry Joss, you're out.

Here is where we're up too then:

Jason Roberts

Matt Smith

Gary Aspen

Lee Mac

Wayne Hemmingway

Bill Beaumont

Faris Badwin

Steve Pemberton

Michel Salgado (maybe a 'thanks for speaking out'?)

@heidiblake

I had this lot at 10m intervals - probably not long enough. Might have to push some back until tomorrow night?

@jcalvertst

Jonathan Calvert Sunday Times Investigation lead journo.

And sorry it should be @heidilblake

They both won awards for bringing Blatter to book with their investigation.

I tweeted both in the doc leaks thread.

@TJQuinnESPN

@AAndrewJennings

The double A is NOT a typo!

If we can get at these en mass we may be able to get their attention in what are likely busy Twitter feeds for notifications.

I'd suggest targeting these two first and repeatedly for an hour. We need RTs, likes, follow-ups to each tweet. Even if it means pretty much spamming your own Twitter feed, so be it.

A tweet along the lines of "Have you seen the leaked documents alleging corruption at former EPL title winning club?" #VenkysOut

@JasonRoberts30
@mattsmith_dw

Gary Aspen
Lee Mac
Wayne Hemmingway
Bill Beaumont
Faris Badwin

Steve Pemberton

@heidilblake

@jcalvertst

@TJQuinnESPN

@AAndrewJennings

Ian balshaw

Shane Williams

Someone's gonna have to start cutting this list - we'll need at least 15 minutes on each person, right?

These "celeb" fans will not help I'm afraid, it is not in their interest to put their head above the parapet.

I am strongly advocating we go after people who have a track record of exposing stories people do not want exposing first.

These "celeb" fans will not help I'm afraid, it is not in their interest to put their head above the parapet.

I am strongly advocating we go after people who have a track record of exposing stories people do not want exposing first.

Someone had to cut it...

@JasonRoberts30

@heidilblake

@jcalvertst

@TJQuinnESPN

@AAndrewJennings

Ian balshaw (does he stay for being a sportsman?)

Shane Williams (hows he come back to Rovers?)

Archived