BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

32 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

The wolves keeper could do nothing with any of the goals Nuttalls finish for 2nd was class at any level of the game

and Wolves finished 2nd in this division last season and missed out on promotion against a very strong West Ham team in the play offs

The fifth goal was the best one though was it from Hardcastle though the teamwork down the right for Nuttall's third was very good. The young striker Mansell looks like he be released by xmas if he carries on playing like he did. 

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Ok, but you used the word perfection which do you admit was very misleading to the readers who weren't present.

I can see where your coming from but for me it was perfect as far as shape and set up of the team....Doyle...Travis...Rankin-Costello and Mols do a hell of a lot of work without the ball if you was to check their GPS at the end of the game they will be the top 4 in terms of ground covered as they have to work exceptionally hard to ensure they are back defending and then have to ensure they are able to support Nuttall and create opportunities as required

taking this into consideration there will be lapses at times but I don't remember Doyle being caught out of position last night with regards to his defensive responsibilities he may have been beaten 1v1 for Wolves goal but that happens to the best 

so I would say we are seeing things from different perspectives if anything

1 hour ago, JAL said:

The fifth goal was the best one though was it from Hardcastle though the teamwork down the right for Nuttall's third was very good. The young striker Mansell looks like he be released by xmas if he carries on playing like he did. 

Yes Hardcastles goal was wonderful and if there was 2 keepers in the net they still wouldn't have kept it out....I thought he was excellent he kept the ball moving picked up a lot of 2nd balls and bits and pressed well

Mansell is struggling for confidence and Nuttalls emergence won't be helping with that

he does struggle with his 1st touch, link up play and holding the ball up....

for me he needs to look to run the channels more rather than get involved with the physical battle at times...I wouldn't right him off just yet though as all it takes is a run of games and a few goals and he's a different player....but time will tell

U23s about to kick off against Reading away

team is as follows 3-4-2-1

Fisher

C.Doyle.       Platt.           grayson

Travis.   Tomlinson.   Hardcastle.   J Doyle

Mols.           Rankin-Costello

Nuttall

subs

Tompson. Magloire, Mansell, Butterworth

Albinson

Let's hope the boys can keep the good form going, it will be a tough game this against a strong Reading side that was relegated from the top division last season

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Reading 0-1 Rovers

Nuttall pen 2mins....great start

Surely Nuttall has done enough to at least earn a squad number. I only saw him briefly in pre season but he certainly looked like he has something about him, Big, strong, mobile and as has been proven since an eye for goal. Given the dearth of quick players in that position the answer to that question could well lie within.

Just now, arbitro said:

Surely Nuttall has done enough to at least earn a squad number. I only saw him briefly in pre season but he certainly looked like he has something about him, Big, strong, mobile and as has been proven since an eye for goal. Given the dearth of quick players in that position the answer to that question could well lie within.

I agree he's not a kid either he's 20....and has experience of 1st team football in Scotland

Nutall has all the attributes to succeed in league 1 & 2, his finishing is raw but having pace, power and aggression goes a long way at the level we're currently playing. I thought he took a lot of unwarranted stick in pre-season, his finishing against Morecambe was wayward but he was a constant threat to the centre halves. He looked to roll them when possible and was happy to get into a physical battle, he looked to run the centre halves and drag them out of position and his running with the ball was direct. He's the sort of player that causes real problems for defenders and would create a space and opportunity for other players due to his directness. Not saying he was the answer but a player in his style was exactly what was needed against Doncaster, someone willing to force defenders to play and put doubt in their minds.

• Like 1