Sign in to follow this  
Dunnfc

Blackburn Supporters Consultation Minutes

Thanks for that.

This line actually hurt the most we’ve lost 17 points from 85 minutes onwards in games

The story of our season under Clueless Coyle.

Senior speaks well going off that.

Our summer will look very different depending on what division we are in.  

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

now THATS how I remember it.

I hope this unedited version is widely circulated for other fans to read and as a permanent record.

Credit to those involved in taking the shorthand notes and writing it up. 

BDS

yes Senior (as expected) spoke well. He was in full on salesman mode. Best to ignore every word he said and judge him by his actions.

Ya, that sounds fair. 

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

yes Senior (as expected) spoke well. He was in full on salesman mode. Best to ignore every word he said and judge him by his actions.

Yes he has spoken very well so far and said the right things. Like see some actions in the summer. 

He did get rid of Coyle finally. So deserved credit for that

Brilliant work by those involved in producing this record of the meeting. Thank you all.

It is clear that the Club had no intention of ever releasing a full unedited transcript of the meeting in any format. It's a shame as Cheston's slide work would not come across at all well in audio........

I imagine that at the next meeting all methods currently known of how to record an event will be outlawed......:unsure:

I'll need to now read this a few times to try to fully digest to avoid being maybe fooled by "he who speaks most speaks wisest'.

COYB :brfc:

VenkysOut

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the written verison of the minutes Dunnfc. I will reading these posting questions by tomorrow. 

I'm just posting the minutes a passionate WMC fan did, they deserve the deserve all the thanks. I would suggest your questions go to Mike Cheston and Paul Senior.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he has spoken very well so far and said the right things. Like see some actions in the summer. 

He did get rid of Coyle finally. So deserved credit for that

We've still not improved though have we? Still in the mire? To be honest Senior bar recruiting isn't asked much, you'd expect him to shine as a scout of 25 years in those matters. Interesting he brushes over far more serious issues such as finances, you know those things what actually run a business.

What's he delivered, no signings in January, pre-empt praise of Joao and Mowbray which being honest haven't made much of an impact have they?

• Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I'm just posting the minutes a passionate WMC fan did, they deserve the deserve all the thanks. I would suggest your questions go to Mike Cheston and Paul Senior.

We've still not improved though have we? Still in the mire? To be honest Senior bar recruiting isn't asked much, you'd expect him to shine as a scout of 25 years in those matters. Interesting he brushes over far more serious issues such as finances, you know those things what actually run a business.

What's he delivered, no signings in January, pre-empt praise of Joao and Mowbray which being honest haven't made much of an impact have they?

Finance is directly Chestons area. Why would you want senior discussing that? 

I would say Mowbray has made a positive impact. Would you really disagree that he has? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Finances is directly Chestons area. Why would you want senior discussing that? 

I would say Mowbray has made a positive impact. Would you really disagree that he has? 

Rather than Senior being so dismissive of such how could he have previously made absoloutley not admin claims? Sorry but I meet his type most days and he's defiantly a bullsh****r in my opinion. A middle level pompous know it all not fit to be at a table, head scout that's what he is.

I'd say marginally Coyle had 9/10 from his last ten and Tony has 14.  Still not good enough which is why the position in the table remains the same from day one of his appointment. 

Edited by Dunnfc

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Rather than Senior being so dismissive of such how could he have previously made absoloutley not admin claims? Sorry but I meet his type most days and he's defiantly a bullsh****r in my opinion. A middle level pompous know it all not fit to be at a table, head scout that's what he is.

I'd say marginally Coyle had 9/10 from his last ten and Tony has 14.  Still not good enough which is why the position in the table remains the same from day one of his appointment. 

Sounds like you are stereotyping senior from a personal burn :D

Marginally better is still better. In your example alone there is a 5 point difference. That is HUGE in our position. 

Thanks for that DunnFC.

Cheston doesn't come across well at all in that. Senior typically says what you want to hear but we are well past that stage now.

Actions speak louder than words.

Edited by davulsukur

Well done to all involved in producing these minutes. They are a very good account as to what was said (I was in attendance). Just goes to show how inept Cheston is and the total disrespect the owners have of the fans, they couldn't give a toss they can't be available for 3 hours a year to communicate with fans why should we part with our money for season tickets etc. It just confirms they have pulled the financial plug.

• Like 1

Cheston does not come out of this with much credit. I do wonder if he is caught between being very candid and keeping his job.

• Like 1

Got to say that's a masterclass by Senior, not one faux pas, if he's half as good as his patter he'd be great.

Lets see what his integrity is like in time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Mike Cheston: I am telling you, the financial constraints that we work with. We in fact also made bids for other players that weren’t accepted. The fact that we only spent £250 000 is what happened. We also got a number of loan players and we worked within the means. And a lot of those…

Fan: Those that have left -  two or three and I couldn’t even tell you if Steven Hendrie is still here. So two or three of them had left by January. So the summer recruitment – good or bad, you tell me, Mike?

Mike Cheston: Well it was mixed results, wasn’t it? Some of the players coming in have done very well for us.

Fan: No because the league position tells me otherwise.

:lol: knock out.

• Like 7

Superb effort from all involved on the supporters side, you're a credit to the cause.

The club obviously had every intention of Andy Bayes rushing through the difficult questions, he didn't do a bad job, but credit to all involved for trying to stop them wriggling off the hook.

The whole things a charade, from not publishing minutes to trying to gloss over the seriousness of the situation, but nobody from the club in that room can add anything of substance to proceedings, they're highly puppets on the gravy train and need to say the right things of lose the golden goose.

• Like 3

Andy Bayes will not be a gravy train puppet on the salaries the BBC pays in local radio.  

As for the others it is snouts in the trough......another reason they stand by and cover for their 'leaders'. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Blue writing means what didn't make it to radio lance edit by the way

You'd think they were trying to hide specifics from the way it's edited. I'm sure it's just coincidental though. 

I didn't see much of that five year plan DE. Christ Senior confirmed about not being sure what the next few years would bring and it was defiantly the short term.

Paul Senior: in terms of the backing of the owners at this moment in time. The owners – are they going to walk away? The owners are not going to walk away. The owners are committed to the future of the club. If the owners were to walk away, which they have no intention to do so, which was made very clear, then unless we could find a suitable owner, we may be in a compromised position. But at this moment in time, there is no chance of administration. We haven’t got that crystal ball to know what will happen in two, three, four years in time but at this moment in time, this club is doing OK. Yes, there is scope for improvement on and off the pitch - we get that. So let’s not just be obsessed with the finance figures -  but I understand the concerns around that – but at this moment in time for where we are and the short-term future, the club is on the right track in terms of managing our bills and designing out those inefficiencies.

Picture1.png

Edited by Dunnfc

Sick of reading about their commitment to the club. What about commitment to a successful team.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I didn't see much of that five year plan DE. Christ Senior confirmed about not being sure what the next few years would bring and it was defiantly the short term.

Picture1.png

With the threat of relegation, I'm pretty sure people at the club are only thinking short term.. There is a plan A and B I would imagine, but I wouldn't say either plan looks beyond this summer. What else can senior say? If he said we are planning on getting promotion next season, fans would either say he is delusional or consigning us to relegation. 

I would hope that once we know what division we are in, Senior starts talking to people at the club and attempts to come up with some long term strategy. 

Long term strategy :lol: keep dreaming BDS.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

now THATS how I remember it.

I hope this unedited version is widely circulated for other fans to read and as a permanent record.

Credit to those involved in taking the shorthand notes and writing it up. 

BDS

Which group did you go with?

Edited by RV Blue