BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Pedro said:

I think a few teams are throwing a lot of money at improving their squads knowing that they will be embargoed. They can't all get promoted though, so It's a dangerous game.

Yeah, I think it has only ever worked for Wolves last season. Teams could be in trouble if they ever get pulled on it properly!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sure it was.. 

The only tripe comes from responses like yours. If it bothers you, don't engage. Move to the next comment. See, feels better doesn't it? 

I will go over it one last time.

According to their fans, they were shocked that we moved for Rothwell as if Payne, who they think is the better player could not get into a L1 side, how would Rothwell be able to get into a Championship side. They also claimed he is injury-prone and could not put a run of games together. One even said that he has to wear some serious strapping when playing. 

Anyhow, I will leave it at that as I do not want your negative/positive crap to create more worthless posts for others to have to sift through.

Ill await for the next mention of some posters/same posters/ some fans or doom mongers in your next daily dig tomorrow.

Just now, JacknOry said:

I will go over it one last time.

According to their fans, they were shocked that we moved for Rothwell as if Payne, who they think is the better player could not get into a L1 side, how would Rothwell be able to get into a Championship side. They also claimed he is injury-prone and could not put a run of games together. One even said that he has to wear some serious strapping when playing. 

Anyhow, I will leave it at that as I do not want your negative/positive crap to create more worthless posts for others to have to sift through.

Ill await for the next mention of some posters/same posters/ some fans or doom mongers in your next daily dig tomorrow.

You said Rothwell couldn't get in the Oxford team ahead of Payne. A number of posters gave you stats to show that they weren't going for the same position. At least be a man and admit you were wrong and peddling false info to suit your argument. 

Yes and if you see it, don't respond please. Very simple really. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said Rothwell couldn't get in the Oxford team ahead of Payne. A number of posters gave you stats to show that they weren't going for the same position. At least be a man and admit you were wrong and peddling false info to suit your argument. 

Yes and if you see it, don't respond please. Very simple really. 

See a couple of posts up where I said i got it wrong.

Now be a man and respect the fact that others have opinions whether they match yours or not.

6 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Yeah, I think it has only ever worked for Wolves last season. Teams could be in trouble if they ever get pulled on it properly!

Leicester, Bournemouth and QPR also succeeded through doing it. QPR have been punished because they came straight back down again, yet strangely despite all the trouble with them they're still rumoured to be close to signing Jackson from Stanley for a few million.

Just now, JHRover said:

Leicester, Bournemouth and QPR also succeeded through doing it. QPR have been punished because they came straight back down again, yet strangely despite all the trouble with them they're still rumoured to be close to signing Jackson from Stanley for a few million.

Did Bournemouth and Leicester do it as well? Didn't realise really but that may have just been naivety on my part when it came to FFP

42 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Yeah, I understand that but we've not signed any freebies. I am talking about this window in particular. Nothing for this window suggests we have no money available. Just because players have gone for money that we would have liked as fans, doesn't mean we couldn't afford them or wanted to pay for them. We probably just haven't been after them.

So it is a tactical plan to be making 3 to 4 signings in the last few days of the window? 

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Did villa not roll the dice and spend huge last year. How can they do it again

It's ridiculous how clubs get away with it, it almost feels like the smaller clubs suffer a lot more than the larger ones when ffp was brought in to close that gap. 

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

So it is a tactical plan to be making 3 to 4 signings in the last few days of the window? 

No, but just the way the widow functions. Most deals happen in the last few days. Man U, Burnley and Spurs will all end up doing it. In fact we have done well to have 3 perms and a loan in already. 

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Oh no, not at all. I in no way think that this window has gone swimmingly and completely to plan for Mowbray. But shit happens and he would have liked to have gotten people through the door earlier but that rarely happens at any club. I just think that we do have money to spend and that he is trying his hardest to get what he sees as the best value for money.

Edited by Ruaney
I obviously cannot spell
  • Like 2

Just now, Ruaney said:

Did Bournemouth and Leicester do it as well? Didn't realise really but that may have just been naivety on my part when it came to FFP

Yep, both overspent to go up but managed to succeed and then survive so have avoided the trouble that QPR have had.

I still can't get my head around introducing rules to supposedly help with sustainability in football and to stop clubs spending beyond their means and then punish them for doing so by fining them millions of pounds.

4 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Did villa not roll the dice and spend huge last year. How can they do it again

Good question. I think the answer is its one rule for some and different for others. Think it is quite strange how not a single club has officially been announced as under an embargo this summer by the revolting 'EFL'. The closest we've had is an 11th hour announcement last week that Birmingham are under 'restrictions' which still allow them to sign someone for £2-3 million, so not really what I would call an embargo at all.

Just now, FGS5635 said:

But that shouldnt make a difference to ffp. Or am i missing something?

No it shouldnt. Not sure how they can get away with it really. Bruce is saying he doesnt need to sell anyone now but surely they do if they want to meet FFP.

Villa have freed some money up by loan players returning eg; Sam Johnstone, Josh Onomah, Robert Snodgrass, Axel Tuanzebe and Lewis Grabban, also Terry leaving, but if they can sign players again this summer without selling Grealish and/or Kodija, I would be very interested to see how they squared that. New owners or not, the line was that they needed to raise £30 million this summer to plug the hole missing out on promotion created. Can owners just come in and do that? It would seem to go against running football clubs sustainably. 

1 minute ago, FGS5635 said:

But that shouldnt make a difference to ffp. Or am i missing something?

Shouldn't make an ounce of difference who the owners are, as its all to do with the club's accounts and how much is brought in and from where. Doesn't matter who owns the shares, its how much they put in that is the issue.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We don't know if Dack's new contract contains a release clause and if it does what level it is set at. If there is one and a top Premier League side came in for him and met it matters would be largely out of our hands.

If there isn't one then apart from the fact we would probably go down if we sold Dack it would be very short sighted to sell him now as if he shines and also has another 20 + goals season he is suddenly elevated into £15m plus territory.

He won't be going to a " top Premier League side " in a million years. Let's not get carried away.

• Like 1

Give it another year or two, I reckon most of the teams in this league are going to be in an embargo. Hopefully it’ll allow one or two promotion surprises, from clubs who’ve spent next to nothing. 

Edited by scotchrover

Just now, briansol said:

Incredible, Bruce has spent  probably 70-80 mill pounds on 20 players his 20 months, plus loans. Now he claims he needs to rebuild again,

I have never rated Bruce other than as a true old fashioned centre half and mouthy ignoramus.

• Like 1