BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

3 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Give it another year or two, I reckon most of the teams in this league are going to be in an embargo. Hopefully it’ll allow one or two promotion surprises, from clubs who’ve spent next to nothing. 

Believe that when I see it. I thought this summer was supposed to be the big one with clubs getting their comeuppance yet as far as I can see the only action we've had has been transfer restrictions at Birmingham, conclusion of the QPR saga for significantly less than it could have been, and rumours of trouble at Sheff Weds and Villa yet they haven't lost any major players. Meanwhile Forest have spent £25 million, Derby have hit £15 million, Leeds must be knocking £20 million. God knows about Stoke and Middlesbrough.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Better than blowing the budget on a dud for the sake of it. 

I wonder do fans of other clubs have as negative an outlook on loan signings as seems to be on here?  The reality is for a back up to Graham, we will get a better player on loan than for a fee. Armstrong was cracking business. There aren't many of his quality kicking around for what we paid for him. Gary Madine cost Cardiff 7 million. I wouldn't have him ahead of Graham. An average championship striker costs 7 million, Madine, Bamford etc 

I actually see Boro are in for Bolasie at Everton, 17 million. Chapman will be on the bench for them at best, utilised exactly the way Mowbray did here. 

It’s not very realistic to compare Madine and Bamford tbf.

Madine has only really had one purple patch in his career at Bolton which led to a move to Cardiff.

Whereas Bamford-  1 in 3 average in the main and he’s younger. 

Edited by K-Hod

He is just talking the talk to keep Grealish's price up I think. Its quite obvious that there is a big hole to be filled financially after last season new owners or not. Says his not for sale but then bigs up Tottenham in the next sentence. 

"[Grealish] is not for sale, however, it is very difficult when we are competing against a team which is one of the big teams in Europe now, not just in this country and has played in the Champions League.

"But the owner has made it pretty clear that he does not want to sell anybody and that includes Jack."

I still think looking at that batch of Derby players someone posted a few pages ago, that clearly aren't going to get a game, there must be someone we can poach in there either on the cheap or test them out on loan. 

(sorry, can't be bothered scrolling back trying to find it) 

Edited by Drover

1 minute ago, Drover said:

I still think looking at that batch of Derby players someone posted a few pages ago, that clearly aren't going to get a game, there must be someone we can poach in there either on the cheap or test them out on loan. 

(sorry, can't be bothered scrolling back trying to find it) 

Coldplay was one of them.

10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Coldplay was one of them.

Vydra was another though I haven't seen him play for a while I seem to remember him being a bit lightweight and probably not the kind of attacker we are looking for. Especially since we have now bought Armstrong. 

If we fail to get Bauer I'm pretty sure the young lad at spurs Carter Vickers hasn't got a loan move yet (though if alderwield goes he might be needed). He was decent for Ipswich last season. 

Edited by Drover

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s not very realistic to compare Madine and Bamford tbf.

Madine has only really had one purple patch in his career at Bolton which led to a move to Cardiff.

Whereas Bamford-  1 in 3 average in the main and he’s much younger. 

I was more comparing them on the fact that their price tags were similar.  Both cost £7 million neither would be guaranteed to get you 20 or even 15 goals a season. Bamford is the better value for the reasons you mention alright, but if we are talking about bringing in serious competition for Graham on a permanent deal, we would be looking at big money, hence why I think a loan could make the most sense here. 

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Well it looks like the McGinn ship has sailed, but it always seemed like a real long shot in all honesty. Hopefully TM has a plan B lined up (or plan A if McGinn were the B!).

Seems that we was considering the transfer, but for one reason or the other he’s not coming. Off to Villa by the sounds of things. 

Might turn out to be a bit of a blessing, means we can turn our attention and finances towards a more pressing issue. Signing a striker and winger. We are relatively comfortable in the central midfield numbers. 

Just now, Drover said:

Vydra was another though I haven't seen him play for a while I seem to remember him being a bit lightweight and probably not the kind of attacker we are looking for. Especially since we have now bought Armstrong. 

He was the top scorer in the Championship last season and would cost around £10 million, so while I am sure we could incorporate him into the team somehow, I do doubt we are looking at him :) 

On the Derby list, there will be a few good players available on loan this summer. I could see us getting a bit of proven experience in that way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Leicester, Bournemouth and QPR also succeeded through doing it. QPR have been punished because they came straight back down again, yet strangely despite all the trouble with them they're still rumoured to be close to signing Jackson from Stanley for a few million.

If this lad from Stanley is good, why are we not in for him?

26 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He is just talking the talk to keep Grealish's price up I think. Its quite obvious that there is a big hole to be filled financially after last season new owners or not. Says his not for sale but then bigs up Tottenham in the next sentence. 

"[Grealish] is not for sale, however, it is very difficult when we are competing against a team which is one of the big teams in Europe now, not just in this country and has played in the Champions League.

"But the owner has made it pretty clear that he does not want to sell anybody and that includes Jack."

Grealish having a medical at Spurs thisavo

Just now, JacknOry said:

So they really DID have to sell Grealish then despite Steve Bruces comments. 

Any idea on the fee?

Not sure pal, just heard on the radio, confirming he's down at spurs having a medical for a fee believed to be in the region of £35 million

Just now, AAK said:

Not sure pal, just heard on the radio, confirming he's down at spurs having a medical for a fee believed to be in the region of £35 million

Plugged their deficit with 1 player. Madness. Shame about Mcginn as he will probably be worth a lot more in a few years as well so it's shrewd business by them. 

16 minutes ago, Drover said:

If we fail to get Bauer I'm pretty sure the young lad at spurs Carter Vickers hasn't got a loan move yet (though if alderwield goes he might be needed). He was decent for Ipswich last season. 

Vydra turned down Leeds for a 10million deal and rejected wages circa 40k - no thanks

1 minute ago, Biz said:

Is this year villas second or third year in the champ? Either way, FFP is worked out over three years I think so villa aren’t likely to get stung for a bit yet.

Third year now I think so they would have had to balance things out by the end of the season one way or the other. This will probably just about do it.

Worlds gone mad though with transfer fees. 35 million...