BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That may be so but I'd rather be throwing BA on for the last 20 minutes than BB.

Who was the guy we spent page after page on speculating about signing him in summer without anything tangible to link us with him ?

That was Marcus Maddison.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Good player though right?

I think he just isn't a Pulis style player. Been shunted out on the wing someone was saying, and still has roughly 1 in 3. The wages make me question whether it is possible, but I think he'd be an excellent signing...if used right (there's the rub). Could see him being pushed wide here too. Or maybe we are planning to transition to two up top.

Could be. 

We see by Friday. 

Not getting over confidence or excitable either

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And still no one has sign still either

I'm gonna get a bit excited. Even Madon said it could be cobblers, but dammit, it's been such a dull window I wanna dream a bit. Maybe learn to have a little tug about it like @Oldgregg86

Edited by bluebruce

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That may be so but I'd rather be throwing BA on for the last 20 minutes than BB.

Who was the guy we spent page after page on speculating about signing him in summer without anything tangible to link us with him ?

It was speculated so much that in the end I think the media wrote a link out of pity.

36 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That was Marcus Maddison.

13 assists and 2 goals this season. (League One)

By comparison. Our most accomplished goalscorer and assist gainer is Bradley Dack with 13 goals and 7 assists. (Championship)

Question is. If he came up to the Championship would he do a Bradley Dack or a Erhun Oztumer (1 goal and 0 assists in the Championship)?

John Marquis is another League One player who has been consistently good who could make the step up.

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What sort of hypothetical situation is that? It only has any meaning if winning the league has any knock on effect the season after. It doesnt. The argument is seperate to both getting promoted, as that was already secured, and anything to do with this season.

Guess it rankles more when you pay to travel down to London, and for a ticket.

I dont understand it at all. We do not win any league titles very often. Its not dismissing the overall good job Mowbray has done so I dont understand the defensive nature of these posts. It is also not a scathing criticism of finishing 2nd being not good enough. Promotion is irrelevant to the argument, at that point it was guaranteed. It is about NOT BEING THAT BOTHERED as to whether we won the league or not. There was a week and a half of the season to go, 2 more pushes and we could have been champions.

And @chaddyrovers it was brought up by someone who is defending Mowbray for it, lets be clear.

Very confusing post. Anyway as I said, it doesn't bother me. 

Ultimately we should have bet Charlton, we had the chances. We didn't. Still went up and are now doing far, far better than Wigan. 

Those who are even bringing this up now, are ye just looking for something to moan about due to us currently performing so well? It's so far in the rear view mirror at this point. Why bother? 

22 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't think he's talking about you Chaddy!

You don't think he is? Are you his spokesperson? Because he said he wasn't referring to me and you say he wasn't referring to Chaddy. So just who was he referring to then? Can you give us a quote please. The public awaits.