BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not happening pal, at least 12 mill never mind wages. We don’t have the finances 

I don't believe it myself to be honest but the source has been very reliable lately. 

Boros guy who broke the news on Mikel signing has supposedly said it's happening too but that might be BS. 

There's been bugger all to get excited about this window so I'm dreaming with the rest!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I sounded like you when we were linked to brereton.

I don't care as far as I'm concerned he's signed on the dotted line until someone tells me different then I will egg madons house ?

Big difference between pulling of bens Ben and in the top 3 strikers in the division though. I’d never heard of brereton until we were linked to him, could be argued I still haven’t. This would be up there, potentially even number 1 in the surprise rovers signings ever for me if that comes off. Battling it out with Dino Baggio

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive asked Nicko, Sharpe and James.plus Alan Myers. 

He dismissed. Says he cant see it. 

Myself, I cant see judging by Mowbray's comments on Thursday

Cheers. Which one dismissed it, Myers? I'm sure you'll let us know when the others reply.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Big difference between pulling of bens Ben and in the top 3 strikers in the division though. I’d never heard of brereton until we were linked to him, could be argued I still haven’t. This would be up there, potentially even number 1 in the surprise rovers signings ever for me if that comes off. Battling it out with Dino Baggio

I agree it's unlikely but after four wins in a row and a jump up to eighth my glass is half full and I'm due a top up so I'm just enjoying having a top players name in the same sentence as rovers. It's been so long ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madon said:

I don't believe it myself to be honest but the source has been very reliable lately. 

Boros guy who broke the news on Mikel signing has supposedly said it's happening too but that might be BS. 

There's been bugger all to get excited about this window so I'm dreaming with the rest!

Fair play, your a credible source until proved otherwise and you have certainly dropped a conversation bomb in today. Would love it to happen but I just don’t see it 

• Like 1

Boro fans over on their forum seem to think that a sale of Assombalonga would have been likely this window due to needing to balance the books, but they are shocked that we are the club ‘supposedly’ in for him.

5 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Boro fans over on their forum seem to think that a sale of Assombalonga would have been likely this window due to needing to balance the books, but they are shocked that we are the club ‘supposedly’ in for him.

We are all wetting ourselves at the prospect of signing one of their injury prone reserves. We are all shocked that we are supposedly signing what must surely be one of their better players.

If the Balonga thing is true (it’s not) would anyone else be a little uneasy with it? Think I’d rather build a team slowly than chuck so much money at one player. If it happened he’d probably be getting paid twice what our current highest paid player is being paid.

Haha this board is comedy gold at times. Venkys get crapped on for not investing adequately (quite rightly) but then when the cash is stumped up we get told that we should be doing a much slower build! Others are saying we should only be signing players that go straight into the first 11 but then when one of those is rumoured to join they say “how could we possibly afford him”. It’s like spinning around in a circle of negativity at times. Let’s just dream for once and get a good nights sleep.

• Like 4

Just now, JeffRover said:

Haha this board is comedy gold at times. Venkys get crapped on for not investing adequately (quite rightly) but then when the cash is stumped up we get told that we should be doing a much slower build! Others are saying we should only be signing players that go straight into the first 11 but then when one of those is rumoured to join they say “how could we possibly afford him”. It’s like spinning around in a circle of negativity at times. Let’s just dream for once and get a good nights sleep.

You're assuming it's the same people though. Also, only seen two people talk as if they wouldn't want this to happen. Everyone else is redecorating their walls white in ecstasy.

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

If the Balonga thing is true (it’s not) would anyone else be a little uneasy with it? Think I’d rather build a team slowly than chuck so much money at one player. If it happened he’d probably be getting paid twice what our current highest paid player is being paid.

It'd definitely be a loan deal initially. No way we'd commit to a permanent transfer and those wages too.