BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be very surprise if we signed him. Not sure this fit the signings we have been making over the last 18 months. 

Where has Gallagher does..

That's not what I asked though.

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure that's  happened in the past after all an enquiry is just an enquiry until real numbers are placed on the table.

P.S Don't worry about the 'opposites' .. ??

You lost me with the opposites bit?

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

That's not what I asked though.

You asked me for my thoughts. I answered the question!

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't want either him or Gallagher to be used wide. Would prefer an actual wide man wide. 

Neither of the 2 would dislodge Dack and Graham, nor would they be effective wide. Assombolonga a far better player though.

You dont. But you wouldnt play the way Mowbray does. 

I dont see Assombolonga transfer due to cost and wages. 

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You lost me with the opposites bit?

Ha ha don't worry it's a gentle dig somewhere he seems to get off doing to it everyone else !

Back to the transfers we seemed to enquire about a lot of decent players in the last window but not much concrete got done once fees and wages were known. If you want to move a couple out but are coming under scrutiny then drop a name or two in you might enquire about to deflect the flak a bit, tried and tested method.

Not that i'm saying that's the case here but it's all speculation until someone arrives holding the shirt up and long shots usually are just that.

Fingers crossed though.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nope, you told me you didn't think it fits the profile and that it's unlikely. I never asked you about that. I asked what you think if it does happen. Would it be a good signing, etc.

Do you really think if you'd answered the question, I'd have pointed out that you didn't? If someone says something like that, I'd recommend you go back and read what they asked you, and think whether you answered it. Easier than me typing all this out on my phone.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

We are going for both, or you've both heard it and are speculating? Not to be picky, I just want to be clear. Cheers.

Going for both as far as I'm aware

3 hours ago, Madon said:

I can't see it myself mate in all honesty, surely it would blow the wage structure wide open. 

The source has been bang on though so I'm not doubting them just yet.

All's I know is after I read Brit assombalonga was linked to us i learned I can masterbate to anything

What an unexpected read that all was... Britt Assombalonga is straight out of Football Manager fiction and i love it. That would be a sensational deal if his Wikipedia page is accurate ? - Loan with an "option".

Gives us a genuine quality striker to go with Graham, and allows Nuttall the chance to go down to L1 on loan where hand on heart we all know he needs to be right now. Also offers up all options regarding Brereton too.

After 4 wins in a row we know we will be in the championship or Premier League next season. So our budget and aspirations look to reflect that. 

This all just got a lot more interesting. 

• Like 1

Assombalonga (he needs a shorter nickname, maybe “Somba”) coming in - which I doubt despite @Madon‘s record with these things - would surely mean Brezza or Nuttall out on loan. If Gally is in too, then both.

A very odd rumour to get going for the final week of the window. Maybe Balaji wants us to be PL next season rather than wait for Mowbray to get Chapman up to speed by 2020/21.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

What an unexpected read that all was... Britt Assombalonga is straight out of Football Manager fiction and i love it. That would be a sensational deal if his Wikipedia page is accurate ? - Loan with an "option".

Gives us a genuine quality striker to go with Graham, and allows Nuttall the chance to go down to L1 on loan where hand on heart we all know he needs to be right now. Also offers up all options regarding Brereton too.

After 4 wins in a row we know we will be in the championship or Premier League next season. So our budget and aspirations look to reflect that. 

This all just got a lot more interesting. 

The person who changed his wiki probably posts on here.

C’mon, whoever it was, own up...

Also, the post about Dack being an asset in our pocket regarding FFP is bang on. Not many teams know that they can likely spend £20m+ in the next 2 windows yet still be in profit if they chose to or need to sell one player.

The likes of Travis, Armstrong, Raya, Lenihan, Rodwell*, Dack and Nyambe could all net us close to £50m if we ever needed the money to balance the (rules that only apply to a few teams).

£9m on Assombalonga and money again on a Harrison Reed, Luke Freeman or whoever is worth it when you know you could possibly get £20-£30m for Dack alone down the line in case of emergency. 

Penny seems to have dropped after 9 years. ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

All's I know is after I read Brit assombalonga was linked to us i learned I can masterbate to anything

Most people masturbate. But you masterbate, because you're a true master at it.

We salute you, and your transfer speculation related w@nking skills.

Edited by bluebruce
Got censored.

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You dont. But you wouldnt play the way Mowbray does. 

I dont see Assombolonga transfer due to cost and wages. 

I know. This is a messageboard for our opinions, not to echo the managers opinion.

That being said, it is not about playing a certain way, it is about players being effective in the positions they play.

Take Armstrong. He is a striker, but he is very (more?) effective from wide, his goal yesterday was a carbon copy of a number of goals last season.

I have seen Gallagher play wide, and his effect on a game is massively diluted, he doesnt understand the defensive side, and he is a lot more ungainly than Armstrong. And that was in a front 3 with 5 defenders, making his defensive game less important. His skillset means it is far more important than he plays central than Armstrong.

Likewise with Assombolonga, he is very much a goal poacher, move him wide and lose his effectiveness.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nope, you told me you didn't think it fits the profile and that it's unlikely. I never asked you about that. I asked what you think if it does happen. Would it be a good signing, etc.

Do you really think if you'd answered the question, I'd have pointed out that you didn't? If someone says something like that, I'd recommend you go back and read what they asked you, and think whether you answered it. Easier than me typing all this out on my phone.

Im not sure. I'm thinking why do Pulis and Boro want rid of him when they dont have the best strikers and he probably the best striker at the club. Plus will fit into the squad and his wages. I'm sure his wages are much bigger than our biggest wage earners. 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I know. This is a messageboard for our opinions, not to echo the managers opinion.

That being said, it is not about playing a certain way, it is about players being effective in the positions they play.

Take Armstrong. He is a striker, but he is very (more?) effective from wide, his goal yesterday was a carbon copy of a number of goals last season.

I have seen Gallagher play wide, and his effect on a game is massively diluted, he doesnt understand the defensive side, and he is a lot more ungainly than Armstrong. And that was in a front 3 with 5 defenders, making his defensive game less important. His skillset means it is far more important than he plays central than Armstrong.

Likewise with Assombolonga, he is very much a goal poacher, move him wide and lose his effectiveness.

Ive said I dont count Armstrong as a striker unless we play 2 up front. He is better as an inside forward making those runs like he did yesterday. 

If Gallagheris on the pitch at the same time as Dack and Graham then he will play wide. If he play instead of Graham.then he play up front

Assuming the links are real, makes sense going for both but if we land our preferred target it doesn't mean we will also sign the back up.

From past experience there is a high probability that the purse was opened very late in the day so Gallagher was number 1 until a phone call changed everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start getting offered any number of players and the links multiply as agents and clubs realise there might be a budget available at Ewood.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Im not sure. I'm thinking why do Pulis and Boro want rid of him when they dont have the best strikers and he probably the best striker at the club. Plus will fit into the squad and his wages. I'm sure his wages are much bigger than our biggest wage earners. 

Good player though right?

I think he just isn't a Pulis style player. Been shunted out on the wing someone was saying, and still has roughly 1 in 3. The wages make me question whether it is possible, but I think he'd be an excellent signing...if used right (there's the rub). Could see him being pushed wide here too. Or maybe we are planning to transition to two up top.

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Don't want either him or Gallagher to be used wide. Would prefer an actual wide man wide. 

Neither of the 2 would dislodge Dack and Graham, nor would they be effective wide. Assombolonga a far better player though.

That may be so but I'd rather be throwing BA on for the last 20 minutes than BB.

Who was the guy we spent page after page on speculating about signing him in summer without anything tangible to link us with him ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Madon said:

Correct! I'm in a spot of bother now too so ? from me now I'm afraid!

Oh dear! You don't have to put your connections at risk to sate the frothing masses, you know. We will salivate on snippets and teasers, especially in a quiet window. Just ask Nicko ;)

You can just tell us who it is when it's close to breaking anyway. Your source probably wouldn't mind so much then.