RV Blue

Lewis Travis

Lewis Travis is like a new signing in my book after not really been given a chance this season. Over the last three games he has been our outstanding player and offers versatility too. Hopefully Mowbray picks the team on merit and Travis maintains his good form. I believe it will be detrimental to the team if Mowbray returns to type when Smallwood is available.

Another great game from the kid, we will see what happens next game when "the King" is available. Will Mowbray rearrange the whole team just go get him back in there?

Travis drives forward with the ball, something neither Evans or Smallwood do. It clearly makes a difference.

Edited by Swanson

Just now, Swanson said:

Travis drives forward with the ball, something neither Evans or Smallwood do. It clearly makes a difference.

Agreed, real hunger to drive the game forward. He should keep his place on merit.

3 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Agreed, real hunger to drive the game forward. He should keep his place on merit.

Players who can carry the ball from the defensive third of the pitch into the attacking third are a nightmare for defenders to play against.

Crucial contributions for both goals too, that I couldn't see coming from Evans or Smallwood.

Offers forward passing and they find their mark. Think the first releasing Arma on the left in that tight space was from the outside of his foot. Can’t see the King or Evans for that matter making that pass and within that gap 

Not quite as good on the ball tonight. But how good is this bloke at winning possession back. I lost count how many times he won the ball in midfield battles

Another really good game.. buy he looked tired towards the end.. credit to the lad for the long busting run when they scored their 4th.. could see the strain on his face.. 

Today will be a good part of his education

Future captain 

This lad will grow and grow the will too win and never say die attitude  his a breath of fresh air . Tony have we anymore the under 23 team get them in

I could press the like button on most posts on this thread about Lewis. I don’t know what his contract details are but we surely need to get him contracted for as long as we can in my opinion. I think he is class and will get even better in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Cue meltdown at 2pm on Saturday (me included)...

Could be rested? It’s only poxy Ipswich and he’s our best midfielder 😉

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start on Saturday.  He's played every minute of every game for the last 4 (i think) games. 

He looked absolutely dead on his feet last night, what a player he is, absolutely massive to us now!

16 minutes ago, Madon said:

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start on Saturday.  He's played every minute of every game for the last 4 (i think) games. 

He looked absolutely dead on his feet last night, what a player he is, absolutely massive to us now!

I think that will be Mowbrays excuse to leave him out if Evans is fit. But he is a lot fitter than both Evans or Smallwood-Mowbray who looks dead on his feet after an hour in every game. 

Unless he's got a limb hanging off, he needs to continue to start...... 

Edited by K-Hod

5 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

I could press the like button on most posts on this thread about Lewis. I don’t know what his contract details are but we surely need to get him contracted for as long as we can in my opinion. I think he is class and will get even better in the future. 

He's contracted until June 2021. He signed that in Feb 2018. I'm sure he'll be getting a new one soon as he's now a 1st team fixture and they don't want to let his contract run down. 

53 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's contracted until June 2021. He signed that in Feb 2018. I'm sure he'll be getting a new one soon as he's now a 1st team fixture and they don't want to let his contract run down. 

Will he sign a new one after the way he’s been treated? I’m not sure I would. He’ll have loads of options by the end of the season - potentially Premier League options.

Everyone I've spoken to says Travis and Reed are the best centre midfield pairing we have (possibly with Bennett and Armstrong on either side).......

......are you listening TM?

Edited by MCMC1875

20 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Everyone I've spoken to says Travis and Reed should start in centre midfield (possibly with Bennett and Armstrong on either side).......

......are you listening TM?

But why do that when you can start a central midfielder on the right wing?......

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Unless he's got a limb hanging off, he needs to continue to start...... 

Ah which limb though? He doesn’t need arms to play he’s not the keeper. 

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Could be rested? It’s only poxy Ipswich and he’s our best midfielder 😉

I doubt they'll be so poxy on Saturday. They'll have watched that last night and be fancying they can get something.

Great game again yesterday. He’s now the undisputed first choice midfielder, and long may it last. He’s going to have a fantastic career.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:14, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I doubt they'll be so poxy on Saturday. They'll have watched that last night and be fancying they can get something.

They were poxy.