BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers at the Toon FA Cup 3rd Round: Saturday 5th January 2019 - 5.30pm

• Backroom

Damage was done conceding early really. We matched them up until 90mins, and possibly would’ve won if we hadn’t had a makeshift defence.

At least one can in this window please, or start introducing Grayson or Wharton or Magloire (sp?)

Never really got going, although for the majority we were the better team.

Makeshift side going down against Premier League players with a wildly deflected shot and an offside goal isn’t too bad really.

I look forward to visiting St. James’ Park again next season.

NEXT!

Just now, Tom said:

It’s a long game mate, we are building slow, he’s not a revolutionary but he’s the right man for me right now.

He doesn't help himself though. Bennett at full back still, Smallwood straight back in, Reed out of position, Brereton (words fail me), still using Conway (he looked knickered after 10 minutes). He has too many favourites.

Just now, neophox said:

Mulgrew and Williams surely back saturday. Hope Reed injury not serious.

Probably, but are they any better? We concede for fun most weeks, whoever plays at the back.

Edited by AAK

Shouldn't have taken Smallwood off. Not his biggest fan but thought he nullified them through the middle. Murphy looks like a player we could do with. 

Gutted to lose but hey ho it's all about the league now. 

Hopefully the sickness bug clears up and we can put a proper defence out on Saturday. Even after 120 minutes DG was still chasing everything. Would start Nuttall on Saturday though. 

• Like 2

Enjoyable game.

Premier League class won through but we could have nicked it.

When you look at our injured and ill list we were 7 or 8 players down.

Disagree there is nothing to play for- only 6 points off 6th means there is plenty to play for. Should be a fun last 19 games.

• Like 3

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Shouldn't have taken Smallwood off. Not his biggest fan but thought he nullified them through the middle. Murphy looks like a player we could do with. 

He was knackered, he could hardly move in his last 10 minutes. Pretty poor though considering he hasn't played in over a fortnight, but as a team we aren't up to scratch in terms of fitness.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s a long game mate, we are building slow, he’s not a revolutionary but he’s the right man for me right now.

Why? Two years in there's no evidence either he or the players have the slightest idea what our best line up/formation is.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, skous18 said:

we were unlucky here and our season is pretty much over now. We are definitely not going down and surly not making the play offs, are we?

Look out for Lancashire Lad's posts. He'll probably have some suggestions of what to do for the rest of the season.

Roll on 2019-20.

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Did it? I'd say a pot shot from range poorly dealt with by Raya was what won the game.

I’d say a missed offside decision sealed it.

Although it was poor from Raya. It happens. If it didn’t he’d be playing for Man Utd.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why? Two years in there's no evidence either he or the players have the slightest idea what our best line up/formation is.

We had 4 centre halves injured mate...

• Backroom
Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I’d say a missed offside decision sealed it.

In fairness they scored just a minute after that, Raya should have stopped it even being a decision though 

We did well to get back to 2-2 but once we were level we were extremely disappointing. Never showed the drive or desire needed to win the game.

So ended up soundly humiliated by Newcastle's reserves. Season over, roll on August by which time Derek, Corey, Richie, Elliott, Craig and Danny will no doubt have new five year extensions to their extensions.....

Proud of the boys tonight.

Square legs selected for round holes by Mowbray and the makeshift defence couldn’t organise themselves for long spell.

We will not be successful at this level with Raya in goal.

Travis was MoM again today, don’t care which sponsor gave it to Lenihan.

We deserved better that to lose 4-2. Had it been 3-2 or 4-3 I could have stomached it but to listen to that smug, classless bunch after a smash-and-grab that eclipsed ours at the weekend, well, I hope they are relegated.

• Like 4