Jump to content
Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

110 pages and counting. We are like puppies around the bowl hoping our master drops something juicy into it rather than left overs. 

Said a few pages back I think we'll hit 300 before anything happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, USABlue said:

Let's not be silly now.  Man U?  No way.  Everton J can see after he made a complete fool of their premier league defenders in our friendly.  I loved watching that.

It's not that silly when you look at the fact they signed(or are about to sign) James off Swansea. 

Ya, it was class. I think Jagielkas top level career ended with that Dack arse bump. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, philipl said:

I hear Everton (who are at risk of losing Richarlison to Atletico Madrid, Digne and Gomes to Spurs and Zouma going back to Chelsea) are seriously looking at Dack. 

This wouldn't shock me either. He ran rings around them last summer and I know for a fact he's regarded highly there from that game.
It's a bit like how Travis played well against Newcastle and all of a sudden they were sniffing around him too. Clubs seem to love players who play well against them personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeHarvey said:

This wouldn't shock me either. He ran rings around them last summer and I know for a fact he's regarded highly there from that game.
It's a bit like how Travis played well against Newcastle and all of a sudden they were sniffing around him too. Clubs seem to love players who play well against them personally.

Sigurdsson was what 40m, same kinda game, goalscoring AMC, not the quickest. Half the price and English, yeah I could see Everton taking him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When fans jump on Mowbrays comments about us being unable to out spend our rivals as some sign he has nothing to spend, it's worth considering how many clubs in our division are currently receiving parachute payments. 

At my count it was 6 clubs last season, with 3 more joining them. So that will be 9 clubs receiving parachute payments next season, 8 if villa go up. Perspective guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

He ran rings around them last summer and I know for a fact he's regarded highly there from that game.

I've only been gone a few hours and you're off again with yer ITK wannabe gubbins.;)

Pray tell how you 'know for a fact he's regarded highly' at Everton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I've only been gone a few hours and you're off again with yer ITK wannabe gubbins.;)

Pray tell how you 'know for a fact he's regarded highly' at Everton?

Does it matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Does anything matter?

Course it does.

why not just let him cart on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2019 at 10:08, lraC said:

Not certain, but that might have been Grimsby. I think he was born there and something rings a bell abut him scoring two, in his home Town. 

Wrexham!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

They've progressed exactly 2 places every season despite that model (I think it was them anyway). So we just need to do it for a mere 5 seasons and we can have a go at playoffs, by that logic. Woop woop!

A cursory look at our league positions since 2012 would seem to confirm that. Bobbing around in the bottom half,...with a few -all too brief- moments of optimism...maybe, even in the play off places... for a few hours.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

A cursory look at our league positions since 2012 would seem to confirm that. Bobbing around in the bottom half,...with a few -all too brief- moments of optimism...maybe, even in the play off places... for a few hours.

I think it's safe to say that things have stabilised since then and work is taking place to push on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it's safe to say that things have stabilised since then and work is taking place to push on

Hope so...but most of us would have said we were "stable" under Bowyer...going nowhere, though.

I have learned to look for the overall pattern, rather than get suckered by the rule of optimism and "start again" syndrome....( so there may be a spectre coming to the feast lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Hope so...but most of us would have said we were "stable" under Bowyer...going nowhere, though.

I have learned to look for the overall pattern, rather than get suckered by the rule of optimism and "start again" syndrome....( so there may be a spectre coming to the feast lol)

We were stable in perspective to where we were before that under Bowyer. Absolute anarchy. 

Ya, I think that's a good approach. This window will tell the story though 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We were stable in perspective to where we were before that under Bowyer. Absolute anarchy. 

Ya, I think that's a good approach. This window will tell the story though 

 

I do so want to be wrong!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TM told us all that this summer we were going to kick on. Early August should tell us whether we have or not.

COYB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, darrenrover said:

TM told us all that this summer we were going to kick on. Early August should tell us whether we have or not.

COYB

Deja Venky Vu!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Making things up?

Will you stop mithering him? If he gets things wrong then fine, as it stands you're just niggling him for any post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J*B said:

Will you stop mithering him? If he gets things wrong then fine, as it stands you're just niggling him for any post.

Eh? I'm asking what his source is. You get very upset when I ask questions. This may be more about you than me. 

Edited by blueboy3333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Darwen festival Sunday night. Anyone fancy it?

See you there lad! Inbox me if you want a pint! 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.