BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Definitely not a compliment then. Who is this Chaddy you speak of? A quick search of this forum suggests he isn't well liked. 

Was he a "self-promoting, bogus tipster", a "liar" or a "spinster" too?

So where have you come from? Only just started supporting Rovers or only just found the forums? As Chaddy was a mainstay of this board for many years until just recently banned.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Comparing Bellamy to BB doesn't work. Bellamy in my eyes was one of the best strikers in the league in his prime. I don't think BB will ever be as good as him. But like some have said, people are jumping on the bang wagon far to soon in my eyes. Lets see what happens after a few starts this season. Then we can judge.

Bellamy was 19 at the time and had just got into the Norwich team that was playing in the division we were in last season. He wasn't anywhere near his prime. Did you not understand that point ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, JacknOry said:

So where have you come from? Only just started supporting Rovers or only just found the forums? As Chaddy was a mainstay of this board for many years until just recently banned.

Only just decided to come on here. I stayed away from joining here until I felt like I was

a) old/wise/knowledgeable enough to post on here, or at least post anything of value

b) sick enough of the Facebook group that exists

Although, it seems as though I should start to regret joining at all, there's a minority of people on here that are unjustifiably toxic. People have jumped to conclusions about me, based off of what someone else has accused me of, many many pages ago. I'm sick of defending myself so I just won't anymore, think what you want, but if you want to know the reason I joined, it's because I thought I'd find people of much higher calibre in terms of footballing knowledge on here (which for the most part I have)

Edited by JoeHarvey

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Are " A " levels over then ?

Some time ago.

I work in media, left education a few years ago.

Edited by JoeHarvey

Whilst I don't know who Chaddy2 is, I'll assume this isn't a compliment. 

I just feel like somebody has to stick up for BB, he's not been given enough time to be judged so heavily by the entire fanbase.

I’ll stop you there.

He’s had fantastic support from the fans. Very patient.

If folk in the pub or on a forum want to criticise the money spent, so what if he’s been getting support at the ground?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I’ll stop you there.

He’s had fantastic support from the fans. Very patient.

If folk in the pub or on a forum want to criticise the money spent, so what if he’s been getting support at the ground?

I'd say everyone around me at Ewood hasn't given him a chance. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Well of course. Bloke near me slags off Dack every week! That’s a football crowd.

But as a COLLECTIVE he’s had great support.

I can't say I agree, but I accept it is all down to who you speak to and when.

BB could come good, my god I hope he does. My issue isnt with the lad himself so much but think the funds should have been used elsewhere on players ready to be involved in the starting eleven straight away. For that sum of money in this division you would surely expect that as a minimum? He started to look a little better near the end of the season so hopefully he will be given more opportunities - but he needs to get a move on with his development/potential as DG is getting on now. This coming season he really needs to show that he is capable of filling his boots. If not we buy another striker and he could find himself further down the pecking order.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Bellamy was 19 at the time and had just got into the Norwich team that was playing in the division we were in last season. Did you not understand that point ?

Yes i do understand that point. Why are you comparing BB to Bellamy at the age of 19. It makes not sense what so ever. Different players grow quicker than others. Like i said, Bellamy was one of the best strikers in the league. BB will never be up to his standard IMO. Then again i could be wrong.

7 Million price tag on BB's head does not help the matter. Start the lad for the first handful of games and see what happens? He scores a few goals, happy days, if not stick him on the bench.... I need a few more starts from him before i make a decision. 

Only just decided to come on here. I stayed away from joining here until I felt like I was

a) old/wise/knowledgeable enough to post on here, or at least post anything of value

Come back in a few years when you understand there are people who might disagree with you

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Yes i do understand that point. Why are you comparing BB to Bellamy at the age of 19. It makes not sense what so ever. Different players grow quicker than others. Like i said, Bellamy was one of the best strikers in the league. BB will never be up to his standard IMO. Then again i could be wrong.

7 Million price tag on BB's head does not help the matter. Start the lad for the first handful of games and see what happens? He scores a few goals, happy days, if not stick him on the bench.... I need a few more starts from him before i make a decision. 

Points are important early doors - I would not be risking them by starting BB ahead of DG at this point. Start BB, lose the first three games and we're bottom already. Need DG in there until BB can show that he has what it takes up front - but even then, TM seems to see him as one of the three behind.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Come back in a few years when you understand there are people who might disagree with you

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me. I have a problem with people slandering me.

Disagree with my opinion, but don't call names like 4 year olds and accuse me of things that are unrelated.

(obviously talking about the actions of other people on this forum)

Edited by JoeHarvey

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me. I have a problem with people slandering me.

Disagree with my opinion, but don't call names like 4 year olds and accuse me of things that are unrelated.

(obviously talking about the actions of other people on this forum)

The written word is libel; slander is the spoken word.

And name calling might be childish but it isn't libellous.

Tip if you want to survive on here: rein yourself in and don't argue with everyone

My thoughts on Downing are while not the most exciting signing due to his age, we do need experience and he has pretty much done it all. He is left footed as well, which would offer more balance than Conway. I wouldn't get too worked up about it in isolation. I will wait and see what our 2nd and 3rd signings look like if we get him. I don't think we will anyway. I can see him going to Rangers for more game time 

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Points are important early doors - I would not be risking them by starting BB ahead of DG at this point. Start BB, lose the first three games and we're bottom already. Need DG in there until BB can show that he has what it takes up front - but even then, TM seems to see him as one of the three behind.

BB gets the blame for our losses now? That would be our infamous back 4's problem. I feel a risk of starting BB for lets say half of the starting 8 games is not high. 

Furthermore to the above. Our real issue here is the defense, hopefully we get 2-3 decent players in that area!

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even with very young and in experienced players you should be able to see something. My eldest son used to work for Chris Lucketti's dad. Chris was playing centre half for Bury at the time and we got complimentary tickets for Bury games. I recall watching them playing Norwich. Bellamy had just got into their team and you could tell right away he was a star in the making. His pace, desire to get on the ball, will to win, eye for a goal was obvious for anybody watching. He wasn't the finished article because he was still developing physically but he was still a handful.  

Ya, but some with more experience than us must see something in him to categorise him among the best under 19s in the country. 

Don't @ me with "well Jason Lowe was an England under age player too" because , as much as it pains me :) to see and say it, the quality of player in your teams, particularly under age, right now is miles ahead of where ye were back when Lowe was selected. 

18 minutes ago, JoeHarvey said:

Whilst I don't know who Chaddy2 is, I'll assume this isn't a compliment. 

I just feel like somebody has to stick up for BB, he's not been given enough time to be judged so heavily by the entire fanbase.

Here's a test for you. Suppose Rovers decided to sell Brereton, would ANY CLUB give you more than a million? I think not and even at that level it would represent a punt on potential.

We took ourselves to the cleaners there.