BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fisher isnt ready for being Championship number 2. Simple as. 

Also why would McLaughlin go to Rangers to sit on the bench. Daft move. 

Would you rather have Leutwiler on the bench than Fisher?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hilton is better than both. 

That wasn't the question.

Ok then, a last minute loan deal for next season's GK with Hilton on the bench.

I think people expecting two Championship standard GK's coming in on permanent contracts are going to be disappointed.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

That wasn't the question.

Ok then, a last minute loan deal for next season's GK with Hilton on the bench.

I think people expecting two Championship standard GK's coming in on permanent contracts are going to be disappointed.

Who knows what going to happen next season budget or signings next season

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

Joe Hart isn't coming here next season. We're signing McLaughlin, it's practically done by a number of accounts.

Which accounts? There may be truth in the rumour that we want him but the manager said last week that he isnt in a position to be offering contracts so its not practically done.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18527266.mowbray-reveals-rovers-contract-boost-ahead-re-start/

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

When the best keeper you are linked with is a Sunderland reject it can only add credence to the theory we aren't allowed to spend money on the defence or keeper. 

He's not a Sunderland reject though. They want to keep him.

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He's not a Sunderland reject though. They want to keep him.

According to the Sunderland forums they left it untill last week to offer a new contract. Many on there believe that this is just so their board can say they tried to keep him. The fans think he is solid enough and wanted him to stay but if fhe club did, surely they would have sorted this out months ago.

Edited by JacknOry

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

According to the Sunderland forums they left it untill last week to offer a new contract. Many on there believe that this is just so their board can say they tried to keep him. The fans think he is solid enough and wanted him to stay but if fhe club did, surely they would have sorted this out months ago.

Or they are acclimatising to being a League One side and his wage expectations are too high for their current budget, which I saw a report say. The months ago you mentioned have been pandemic months, with lots of clubs trying to figure out their budget. Expect they've just thought sod it, we will offer him what we actually can afford and if it works it works. Especially since we are dallying.

He has been their number one for a long streak of this season now, has started making it into the Scotland side, has been offered a new contract at Sunderland, and the fans want him to stay. I'm not saying he is the answer as I simply don't know enough about his game, but to say he is a Sunderland reject is simply disingenuous.

Was Conor Mahoney a Rovers reject?

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Or they are acclimatising to being a League One side and his wage expectations are too high for their current budget, which I saw a report say. The months ago you mentioned have been pandemic months, with lots of clubs trying to figure out their budget. Expect they've just thought sod it, we will offer him what we actually can afford and if it works it works. Especially since we are dallying.

He has been their number one for a long streak of this season now, has started making it into the Scotland side, has been offered a new contract at Sunderland, and the fans want him to stay. I'm not saying he is the answer as I simply don't know enough about his game, but to say he is a Sunderland reject is simply disingenuous.

Was Conor Mahoney a Rovers reject?

No - Mahoney chose to move on.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Which accounts? There may be truth in the rumour that we want him but the manager said last week that he isnt in a position to be offering contracts so its not practically done.

Shit ones. McLaughlin's just signed for Rangers. Crikey.

If we can't even pin down a bang average goalkeeper target what on earth can we do? Worrying. Praying there's something better lined-up but that's probably wishful thinking.