BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brfcc.. A new start?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Who knows? Gav seems to  think everyone is someone else...if they don't agree with him. It's become a bit of an obsession for him. He's even checking spelling:lol:

Very worrying.

Mate, it's a lot of hard work signing in and out to talk to myself like this haha! 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Glenn said:

Currently (and for the last few years) nothing and that's kinda my point, I wanted somebody who had the same passion for things other than the forum than I once did.

But now I'm back, I *can* focus on those things again, however my focus right now is getting the forums  under control, re-engaging with a lot of lapsed posters and preparing for a whole bunch of new feature for next season.

As for Kamy, most of you will be amazed to find out what he's been up to whilst not focusing on Rovers, more news on this soon.

Wasn't really my question. I was wondering what you would *like* the site to be - if not forums?

Re Kamy: When not focussing on Rovers, freed from misery and pain, humans are capable of amazing things. I hope it's something to do with lobbying the FA with help from Graham Jones MP.

5 minutes ago, Jbizzle said:

Do you think Gav is referring to us being the same poster? 

I never said anything of the sort, you do talk a load of bunkum Jbizzle, but its genuine bunkum and I respect that.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Who knows? Gav seems to  think everyone is someone else...if they don't agree with him. It's become a bit of an obsession for him. He's even checking spelling:lol:

Very worrying.

Who rattled your cage? nobody mentioned you or Jbizzle?

You're playing the man and not the ball again :rolleyes:

Well, I've not posted in here in a long time because of a couple of the people that have now left. Did register under a different name for a while, but found myself just wanting to argue again. The board seems a nice place in the last few weeks, reading this thread I know why! So I'll give it another bash 

• Backroom
12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

That new site has theno and yoda as moderator/administrators - how can anyone take it seriously ? The Brexit thread is particularly pathetic - all the old Brexiteers who couldn't hack opinions other than their own on here all agreeing amongst themselves with not one dissenting voice.

Ironic post of the year goes to...

• Backroom
Just now, LeChuck said:

Well, I've not posted in here in a long time because of a couple of the people that have now left. Did register under a different name for a while, but found myself just wanting to argue again. The board seems a nice place in the last few weeks, reading this thread I know why! So I'll give it another bash 

You're one of the posters long missed by quite a few on here! Welcome back!

• Backroom

'Fraid so Chads. Was getting a lot of personal stuff by PM and off the site as a result, so I've chucked in the towel and gone back to plain old membership. Also have a lot to focus on at home.

Still going to run Poster's Previews, and open to modding again future but I just have a lot on.

33 minutes ago, LeChuck said:

Pillock. ^_^^_^

Nice place my backside.  Bring back Gordon.

18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You're one of the posters long missed by quite a few on here! Welcome back!

I don't miss LeChuck at all :o

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Was getting a lot of personal stuff by PM and off the site as a result, so I've chucked in the towel and gone back to plain old membership. Also have a lot to focus on at home.

Good luck with everything at home, Mike. No shame in having helped out, so don't let any personal crap get to you.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Wasn't really my question. I was wondering what you would *like* the site to be - if not forums?

Some of the stuff I'm proudest off didn't involve the forums, The Turkish Fans 5-A-Side (and other fans internationals we organised), the regular meetups at away games and annual get-together in Blues, the podcast @Wen Y Hu and @Kamy100 did. some of the best investigative journalism on Rovers related stories @Kamy did, the history section that @FourLaneBlue and @cn174, @den's amazing "greatest ever team" (ok that happened on the forum), the Witton Park 5-A-Side (which reminds me, if anyone has a 5-A-Side team or wants to put one together, that's happy to represent us, let me know), the custom pin badges @Paul did, the work getting the BRFCS flag at sporting events the world round that @JPW and @Ste B did, the sportsman dinner that @thenonda organised, the social media stuff @john.leigh used to do, the T-Shirts @perthblue02 used to design, the coffin ceremony @EwoodDawn@bob fleming@Pauland @Ozz organised, @bob fleming's brilliant diary, the annual awards ceremony, @Ozz's gallery, the online poker tournaments, the live video reporting from the Legends game that @J*B and Anna did, the live audio stream of the first Trust meeting we did and of course @Parsonblue's excellent match reports  .... the list goes on and on.

Now, I'd dearly love to resurrect any or all of those, or implement a million other ideas we have, but I'm just one man and none of the above would be possible with me alone. I'd love for those people to come back and say "hey, Glenn, sure, lets do it again", but I'm aware that site has changed a lot since then and I've very guilty of neglect, so I have a lot of rebuilding of trust to do first. 

So for now, it's just a very very small team, with a simple short term plan and a big long term one.

33 minutes ago, Mike E said:

'Fraid so Chads. Was getting a lot of personal stuff by PM and off the site as a result, so I've chucked in the towel and gone back to plain old membership. Also have a lot to focus on at home.

Still going to run Poster's Previews, and open to modding again future but I just have a lot on.

Sad to hear that. Even we sometime disagree we always had respect for each other. 

Still look forward to your opinions.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Tnd our most eminent journalist spend most of his time taking pot shots and, despite his complaints, is about the most insulting of all posters when it comes to 'debating' Brexit.

Assume this is a swipe at me. There weren't any "insults" in your brief foray on to the Brexit forum if I recall. You're welcome to have a another go on the thread anytime - only this time don't run away when your arguments  get demolished.

46 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Ironic post of the year goes to...

I'm very touched that you seem to need to reply to my every post but the day you gave up "moderating" on here was a boon to the whole board. A clear case of over-promotion.

1 hour ago, LeChuck said:

Great to have you back! The first of many many old-timers I hope to see a return of soon!

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Glenn, will we ever return to doing weekly podcasts next season or ParsonBlue's match reports? 

The podcasts take a lot of organising and more time than I currently have. I actually developed a system to make them a lot more automated than in Wen's day (the work he used to put into editing them was massive) and even allows video casts (which could them also be downloaded as audio) but it still needs somebody to find guests, set an agenda and then them or somebody (else?) to act as host and keep the chat flowing. If somebody feels they can take that on, then I'd love to help get them going again, but it's not a quick and easy thing to do.

As for PBs match reports, this ties into the long post I've just made. I'd dearly love for him to do them again, but I understand why he stopped and I'd wouldn't expect him to start again just because I asked, but if he wanted to next season, I'd be a very very happy man.

Please:

1. Bring back the 'Dislike' button imo it would reduce long running arguments

2. Bring back the  annual MB awards (best poster, most humourous poster etc) and include one for 'Curmudgeon of the Year'....probably have to be age restricted.....

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Please:

1. Bring back the 'Dislike' button imo it would reduce long running arguments

2. Bring back the  annual MB awards (best poster, most humourous poster etc) and include one for 'Curmudgeon of the Year'....probably have to be age restricted.....

1. That just ended up being a "I generally dislike this poster" button.

2. That would be great to bring back. Maybe a good idea for next season once the forum has settled down after recent events.

Just now, Phil T said:

1. That just ended up being a "I generally dislike this poster" button.

2. That would be great to bring back. Maybe a good idea for next season once the forum has settled down after recent events.

Yes I suspect that would happen - personal instead of content. Sad.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes I suspect that would happen - personal instead of content. Sad.

The "Like" button, to a lesser extent, also has a similar effect.

As a nerd, I've sometimes wondered if there's a way to detect a popular post, for example the amount of times it's been read, the length of time people are sat reading that post, the number of reactions and replies it's received... It'd be a great way to read the message board if those popular posts were somehow featured.

Happy to record and edit a one off 'season review' podcast for you @Glenn as a test of interest. It would be great to have a less formal and structural podcast, as these are the ones that seem to last on the iTunes Store. 'The football ramble' is a great reference. The BRFCS ones went very a->b->c towards the end. Requires a charismatic and opinionated presenter though! 

Lots of changes in technology now too would mean that the old way of recording and editing the podcast are redundant. As long as everyone has Skype and smart phone now it shouldn't take any editing. 

Archived