BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Replay Ticket Prices - ?24 !

Will you be attending and is the price fair enough  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending and is the price fair enough

• I will be attending and I think the price is fair enough
    • I will be attending but think the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, but think the price is fair enough
    • I will not be attending, because the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, not because of the price, but I think it's too high anyway.
    • Lee Grooby pays for my ticket anyway.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just Phil cos even with your attendance there would only have been 9141 proper supporters! tinykit.gif

So anyone who didn't attend last night is not a 'proper supporter'?

I'm not even a proper supporter compared to a bloke I knew in the late 70's who had not missed a home match in years until his sister got wed on a 'home' Saturday afternoon and he was forced to miss out. He felt so guilty he posted the club a cheque equivalent to the price of his normal ticket!

Now thats a proper supporter!

I bet someone will complain.  wink.gif

What about free transport  laugh.gif

Whilst i am very happy with the ticket prices, can i make 1 small comment. I would like to have seen a young persons ticket available to non season ticket holders. That is a general comment, as well as for this match, as i feel that all round we should introduce young persons tickets at Ewood.

And Nog, change the bloody attendance record please, its getting very boring!!

Kinell! And a prolonged debate on young persons tickets is 'interesting'?

You need to get out more. cool.gif

I can't believe people are still getting wound up about attendances.

I'm not really. It's income that I'm more concerned about.

Well worry about the league games, we actually get to keep the money from those. At cup games we get less than half! tongue.gif

Whilst i am very happy with the ticket prices, can i make 1 small comment. I would like to have seen a young persons ticket available to non season ticket holders. That is a general comment, as well as for this match, as i feel that all round we should introduce young persons tickets at Ewood.

When it takes an eighteen year old 7 hours to earn the price of a ticket to watch Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff I'd say it is a very valid and interesting point. Or don't you want to see future generations down at Ewood thenodrug, probably not as you could tick "income" off your list of things to worry about. Or hadn't you considered young people can't afford to buy their own tickets at full price?

I dont know if this point has already been made but the Cardiff replay was the first of 4 games at home in succession. It is also in the middle of the Christmas Visa bills dropping throuigh the letter box as well as the cost of christmas football games. Graeme Sharpe was very scathing about the attendance of 9,140 but I couldnt get on the radio phone-in to make this point. Football is a very expensive pastime now and families have to prioritise the spending. I didnt go on wednesday for the first time ever missing a cuptie but I felt that we would win so I could go against Colchester. Still felt rotten missing a game although I did listen on Radio Rovers and Radio Lancashire.

When it takes an eighteen year old 7 hours to earn the price of a ticket to watch Blackburn Rovers v Cardiff I'd say it is a very valid and interesting point. Or don't you want to see future generations down at Ewood thenodrug, probably not as you could tick "income" off your list of things to worry about. Or hadn't you considered young people can't afford to buy their own tickets at full price?

Careful your slips showing again Pual. You cannot resist having a pop now and again can you? Fact is that you would be better off writing to the players asking them to take a 50% pay cut, then we could all enjoy cheaper tickets OR alternatively we can pay less and end up watching cheaper football in the lower divisions.

Sorry for not being able to make 2+2=5 to suit your sensibilities but no one else can either.

Edited by thenodrog

Careful your slips showing again Pual.  You cannot resist having a pop now and again can you?

Resist? - doesn't even come into it. Your comments usually don't even register. On the odd occassion I notice one, and when it's intended to belittle others, I comment.

theno, do you seriously think I read everything you post just waiting for the opportunity for a pop? If that truely is the case it would explain a lot. Most of the time I just scroll past your stuff.

Like I said if I notice one of your attempts to belittle others I'll comment - especially if it's a subject that interests me.

theno, do you seriously think I read everything you post just waiting for the opportunity for a pop? If that truely is the case it would explain a lot. Most of the time I just scroll past your stuff.

Like I said if I notice one of your attempts to belittle others I'll comment - especially if it's a subject that interests me.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Careful your slips showing again Pual. You cannot resist having a pop now and again can you? Fact is that you would be better off writing to the players asking them to take a 50% pay cut, then we could all enjoy cheaper tickets OR alternatively we can pay less and end up watching cheaper football in the lower divisions.

Sorry for not being able to make 2+2=5 to suit your sensibilities but no one else can either.

Cheers paul for backing me up, i have no idea what in God's name the 'nogdrogs' problem is? Seems to try and wind people up with offensive comments!

As for the original comment, very interesting article in the independant paper today. It was basically saying how the average age of a prem supporter is around 42, because of the lack of young people going. The problem isn't with under 16's, all grounds offer significant reductions on their adult prices. The problem come with the lack of support from people in my age range, of say 17-21 (those at school or uni perhaps). Most of us are paying full price for tickets and only 1/3 of prem grounds offer student price tickets. ONLY 8% OF SUPPORTERS ARE AGED BETWEEN 16-24 IN THE PREM, which seems dangerous, after all these people should make up the main body of support in the following yrs.

These stats make interesting reading and should be acted on, like for example a compulsary student ticket at all grounds or something.

P.S Sorry if ive bored anyone dry.gifwink.gif

Great points about Student season tickets and attracting kids.Kids free under 8 attract Parents to bring them.Having Season ticket holders keeps you attending thru the bad patches.I want the Premier plus ticket back so there isn't the fag of having to buy individual Cup tickets and you can pay for it by standing order every month.

And thenodrug is not belittling people ...his point is "Use it or lose it".There will be cheap tickets to play Blackpool(whatever Division they are in). Whatever must messrs. Hughes,Savage,Bowen etc think of the level of enthusiasm and fan base we have?And it has never taken our Directors long to take the pessimistic route.Read "Century of Soccer" or one of Jackman's books re the 1960s and 1970s.

20,000 FOR COLCHESTER CAMPAIGN.

Great points about Student season tickets and attracting kids.Kids free under 8 attract Parents to bring them.

Whilst I see what you're getting at by making under 8's free, I dont think kid's tickets are a big problem at all. It is actually cheaper now for juniors to have a season ticket than it was 10 years ago. My ticket for 94/95 was £110, and I think my brother payed £75 for his this season. Maybe reduce the age for free tickets to 4 or 5 or similar.

Great points about Student season tickets and attracting kids.Kids free under 8 attract Parents to bring them.

Thanks for the support mhead and I hope you are successful with your campaign but imo far from encouraging under 8's we should ban em!

I shudder to think how many kids have been put off football through over-eager parents forcing them to attend in the cold and wet. Kids under 8 cannot comprehend competetive team sports as they do not play them till that age at the earliest and all they seem to have in their minds is a desire to be at home in the warmth with the lego out or watching some Disney / Simpsons video. And who can blame em? (BTW there is a daft school of thought put out by a few pinkoes that competative sports played by kids are harmful anyway! laugh.gif )

Free tickets would be far better appreciated by the 8-12 age groups imo.

Kids under 8 cannot comprehend competetive team sports as they do not play them till that age at the earliest and all they seem to have in their minds is a desire to be at home in the warmth with the lego out or watching some Disney / Simpsons video.

I think a lot of those points also refer to adults, just substitute

lego out to lego ver and Disney/Simpsons to Sky Sport / Soap Opera.

Thanks for the support mhead and I hope you are successful with your campaign but imo far from encouraging under 8's we should ban em!

I shudder to think how many kids have been put off football through over-eager parents forcing them to attend in the cold and wet. Kids under 8 cannot comprehend competetive team sports as they do not play them till that age at the earliest and all they seem to have in their minds is a desire to be at home in the warmth with the lego out or watching some Disney / Simpsons video. And who can blame em? (BTW there is a daft school of thought put out by a few pinkoes that competative sports played by kids are harmful anyway! laugh.gif )

Free tickets would be far better appreciated by the 8-12 age groups imo.

took my little lad when he was 3 and he loved and still does hes absolutly gutted he cant go to night matches yet ,hes 6.

To say he doesnt know whats going on is rubbish he gets more carried than i do.

Likewise - I remember taking Izzie when she was 6ish and all she could do was wriggle in her seat and go on about players hairstyles. I can't imagine taking the other two for at least another 4 years.

It's worth taking the young offspring for comments such as

"Have the players had a wee before they come on the pitch ?"

and "What do they do if they want a wee during the game ?"

and "Are they playing football or rugby ?"

and "Why is the referee bald ?"

and that was in 1935 !

I'd have to agree with nodrog here.

The first match I went to, we lost 1-0 to Leicester. I didn't watch any of it, and insisted we leave as soon as the gates opened.

The second match I went to, we beat Norwich 7-1 at home on a very famous day. I can't remember seeing a goal because I stared at the floor all game (the laws of averages would suggest I saw at least one though!).

Over the summer I started playing football when I was in Cubs, and immediately became more interested in it. I watched nearly every match of World Cup '94 and found it a brilliant spectacle. Was also great being able to stay up late with my dad just to watch the footy.

Got a free season ticket for the next season (and what a season) and was hooked in the first home game when we beat Leicester 3-0. My little brother also had a free ticket so always came along. But he never played football and never took an interest in it, so as soon as he got to the age where his ticket cost money he stopped going.

I think the point is that it isn't enough usually just to take the child along on a free ticket. It's much more beneficial for him to be genuinely interested in the entire game, be it playing or watching whatever is on tv. This would mean that free tickets for 8-12 year olds would be a better idea because they are more likely to appreciate what they are seeing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.