BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Replay Ticket Prices - ?24 !

Will you be attending and is the price fair enough  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending and is the price fair enough

• I will be attending and I think the price is fair enough
    • I will be attending but think the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, but think the price is fair enough
    • I will not be attending, because the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, not because of the price, but I think it's too high anyway.
    • Lee Grooby pays for my ticket anyway.

This poll is closed to new votes

Has anyone checked with the club regarding what happens if you are on the automatic cup ticket scheme. There is nothing on the site about it. As it stands I have to pay £22 when I can sit a few rows further down for a £10, doesn't seem fair somehow.

Agreed MB - don't know if you have found out anymore but why should we be ripped off for our commitment

'Season Ticket holders who have opted for the Home Cup Match Ticket Scheme will be sold their tickets automatically;their tickets will be posted out from Tuesday 13th January'

If there are cheaper tickets available - then we should get them at the cheapest price - otherwise what is the point of us showing our commitment and not getting anything in essence back? Might as well send the ticket back and get one of the cheaper tickets.

In addition (unless I'm reading something wrong here) how come the Adult S/T holder tickets are cheaper than the Young Adult S/T tickets in the CIS Stand?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif i find it very intresting that posters who are defending the club are posters who never attend ewood/exiles/or once a year charlies.i have said it before and will say it again it is about time some off our overseas fans contribute to the club financially tinykit.gif

Not quite all waggy. However I do agree to an extent with the overseas funding bit by some of our worldwide freeloaders. Prescriptions and medicines aren't free are they so shouldn't cures for homesickness be at a price too. wink.gif

Although Rovers have realised that they were gonna face quite a backlash after releasing the ticket prices on Saturday, I cant help but think they've stuck the price chart together in a panic. Some parts of it just dont make sense:

Jack Walker Outer

Adult - £10,

Young Adult/Senior £14

blink.gifblink.gif

I phoned the ticket office about that yesterday. I am still waiting for a reply from Miriam dry.gif

There are 4 area categories where Young Adult ST holders pay more than a full adult ST?!?!

rover.gif i find it very intresting that posters who are defending the club are posters who never attend ewood/exiles/or once a year charlies.i have said it before and will say it again it is about time some off our overseas fans contribute to the club financially tinykit.gif

Not quite all waggy. However I do agree to an extent with the overseas funding bit by some of our worldwide freeloaders. Prescriptions and medicines aren't free are they so shouldn't cures for homesickness be at a price too. wink.gif

In a way we do. By placing the demand for EPL as a product, and shelling out for the subscription.... and we all know that portion the clubs get from the TV revenue is vital.

Edited by Shaddy

Having read all of this with interest and given the subject a lot of thought it seems Rovers need to look to a future solution, which needn't be complicated.

The whole issue hinges around finance and supporters expectation:

Tris:

I think Rovers are slightly the victims of their own sensible pricing for recent league cup games judging by some of the reaction on here.

Glenn (commenting on the ST voucher idea):

The problem with this much suggested idea is that half the gate including the seats taken by ST holders goes to the visiting side, if we give away free seats then half their value (i.e. half what we would normally charge / half what we have charged visiting fans for similar seats) goes to the visitors.

For 7000 against Bournemouth this isn't too much of a financial hit, but imagine if we'd have drawn Man Utd/Bolton/Burnley/Some Other Sell Out. Not only would the club lose potential revenue from ST holders (which could be accounted for in the ST price) but also have to shell out £15 per ST holder to the opposition too (which couldn't) ! Obviously the club can't take such a risk announcing such a scheme before the draw is known.

Ewood Spark:

Rovers are probably fed up with trying to bribe supporters on to the games with discounts and still getting sub-10,000 gates. Why not just concentrate on the hard-core 5,000 or so who don't question the prices.

It seems many, myself included, see a cup match in the early rounds as a lower value product. This has been reinforced by Rovers discounting in previous seasons. As Glenn points out vouchers will not work because the club have to stump up the difference in price to the opposition. Equally as Ewood Spark says the club need to concentrate on the hardcore 5000+.

To resolve this for future games the club could identify those who regularly attend these early cup games. Attendance at the early round League Cup games would entitle the supporter to a discounted ticket for the next home cup game against lower league opposition. The club could define the qualifying type of match e.g 3rd and 4th round FA cup against opposition from , e.g, leagues 1 and 2. Exceptions could be published - local derbies with PNE, Dingles, Oldham etc.

A scheme on this basis might encourage fans to attend LC games and would reward those who did so. Discuss?

Has anyone checked with the club regarding what happens if you are on the automatic cup ticket scheme.  There is nothing on the site about it.  As it stands I have to pay £22 when I can sit a few rows further down for a £10, doesn't seem fair somehow.

Agreed MB - don't know if you have found out anymore but why should we be ripped off for our commitment

'Season Ticket holders who have opted for the Home Cup Match Ticket Scheme will be sold their tickets automatically;their tickets will be posted out from Tuesday 13th January'

If there are cheaper tickets available - then we should get them at the cheapest price - otherwise what is the point of us showing our commitment and not getting anything in essence back? Might as well send the ticket back and get one of the cheaper tickets.

In addition (unless I'm reading something wrong here) how come the Adult S/T holder tickets are cheaper than the Young Adult S/T tickets in the CIS Stand?

Rang the ticket office this morning and they said I can't change my ticket up front as this is not allowed but once I recieve my £22 ticket I can come to the club and change it for a £10 ticket. They don't make it easy do they? They did say I can do it all by post as I don't fancy going up but I can't see that being likely seeing as the tickets won't be sent out till Thursday so I'll receive it Friday at the earliest.

I appreciate the club is in a diffcult position but it's just the usual shambles that so typifies our club. Premiership team, Premiership stadium, Conference staff.

Rang the ticket office this morning and they said I can't change my ticket up front as this is not allowed but once I recieve my £22 ticket I can come to the club and change it for a £10 ticket.  They don't make it easy do they?  They did say I can do it all by post as I don't fancy going up but I can't see that being likely seeing as the tickets won't be sent out till Thursday so I'll receive it Friday at the earliest.

I appreciate the club is in a diffcult position but it's just the usual shambles that so typifies our club.  Premiership team, Premiership stadium, Conference staff.

Can't you cancel your membership of the Home Cup Match Ticket Scheme over the phone and, whilst you're at it, order a £10 ticket for the FA Cup Third Round Replay?

...and then go and sit in your normal seat anyway as no-one else is going to buy it at £22.

I appreciate the club is in a diffcult position but it's just the usual shambles that so typifies our club. Premiership team, Premiership stadium, Conference staff.

Conference Staff - Don't know if I would push it that far MB as the staff can be quite good once asked to deal with something.

Would appear it tends to be the forward planning and way of thinking that lets them down and the decision making that follows - maybe 'red tape' rule driven systems are too blame but they certainly don't appear to have done thewmselves any favours over the years, and in fact appear to be getting worse.

Personally, I feel the crowd will be less than the Bournemouth game dependant upon how many Cardiff bring up. - anybody betting? Based upon the feelings on here and the poll votes at the moment, hypothetically speaking , taking a general consensus that these results possibly reflect other fans feelings as well; a 50 % reduction from the c 7500 there where at the LC game could well be on the cards.

I may get slagged off for this but I voted on the poll yesterday stating that I would not be attending as the price was to high.

But this morning as BRFC reconsidered there pricing plan I reconsidered attending the match and bought a £10 CIS E04 Ticket, My own seat was £19.00 and Im gonna sit in my normal seat or as near to it a possible (or in any other vast expanse of empty seating with a decent view)

As I see it the club has made £10 out of me not lost £9 because if it hadnt been for these cheap tickets I wouldnt have been going !!

Edited by mattym

I may get slagged off for this but I voted on the poll yesterday stating that I would not be attending as the price was to high.

But this morning as BRFC reconsidered there pricing plan I reconsidered attending the match and bought a £10 CIS E04 Ticket, My own seat was £19.00 and Im gonna sit in my normal seat or as near to it a possible (or in any other vast expanse of empty seating with a decent view)

As I see it the club has made £10 out of me not lost £9 because if it hadnt been for these cheap tickets I wouldnt have been going !!

Don't worry Matt, you won't be the only one doing that!! wink.gif

I will not be attending, but think the price is fair enough    [ 4 ]    [2.94%]

That would seem to suggest that your statement is only 2.94% correct smile.gif

One of the reasons I created this poll (and others like it) is many people seem to take the views of disgruntled messageboard posters as a consensus view on a subject. I always figured that despite the pricing obviously upsetting a number of fans, there would be just as many who wouldn't care enough to a. Not stump up the cash regardless and b. Post a message about it on here.

The vote is at an interesting stage:

- 52 going

- 39 disillusioned

- 36 excuses

Assuming the 36 always have excuses the attendance should be 50% of our normal hard-core 18,500 plus Cardiff fans.At least 10k then.

So if its more than 10000 does it make this Board unrepresentative?

The silent yet positive majority would have voted with their feet and the dissenters have spent it at the pub(or £10 of it)

If under 10000 then I will admit the Club and the positive,less parochial fans like myself were wrong.(if we are then how do we survive in the Premier League?)

Conference Staff - Don't know if I would push it that far MB as the staff can be quite good once asked to deal with something.

I perhaps worded that wrongly as I agree that some of the staff are excellent and have been really helpful. I think just think they and us fans are badly let down by those responsible for the decisions at times.

Incidentally I did think of cancelling my automatic cup scheme and buying a cheap one as like Nuclearsox says I could easily sit in my own seat anyway. Haven't made my mind up yet but may end up doing that.

Incidentally I did think of cancelling my automatic cup scheme and buying a cheap one as like Nuclearsox says I could easily sit in my own seat anyway.

I could well do the very same MB and you have hit the nail on the ehad here.

Doesn't exactly instil confidence for those who committed to the cup scheme or anybody else for that matter for any future schemes the club might draw up, as quite obviously there is no real advantage.

Now what where they saying about loyalty in football?

There are 4 area categories where Young Adult ST holders pay more than a full adult ST?!?!

Well , Kiwi , I suggest you make your complaints to the Cardiff ticket office as it seems we no longer have any say in our own ticketing policy.. wink.gif

Maybe I'm being too sceptical with the argument that none of this is "our" fault at all but doesn't it seems strange that a rush job of a U Turn was made so soon after the fans' reaction became clear . JW and co sure did manage to get the Taffs to change their minds quickly about the ticket prices - so quick in fact that silly anomolies that Kiwi highlighted became immediately apparent . Now why didn't JW .....sorry , I meant the Welsh ....spot these too . Too busy rushing to cover up the latest attempt at ripping the fans off , perchance .... ?

Well , whover is to blame , the price is too much . I say to those who are sick at rip off prices - act like the "consumers" thay take us for and don't fleurkin well pay it . And who knows ; maybe in the next round - if we take the game seriously enough to beat Cardiff - our opponents might listen more to JW and lower the prices . If he even tries to make the case that is......

Just looking at the Cardiff programme from last week. It seems our game will be cheap in comparison, to their next away league game. Leeds away is £40 for adults, £30 for concessions  blink.gif

Waggy may be able to confirm this (I was just earwigging his conversation with a Cardiff fan) but I believe this includes transport.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.