BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Replay Ticket Prices - ?24 !

Will you be attending and is the price fair enough  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending and is the price fair enough

• I will be attending and I think the price is fair enough
    • I will be attending but think the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, but think the price is fair enough
    • I will not be attending, because the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, not because of the price, but I think it's too high anyway.
    • Lee Grooby pays for my ticket anyway.

This poll is closed to new votes

The clinching discussion probably went like this:

Cardiff- looking at your recent cup attendances, we anticipate around 9,000 Rovers fans and 1,000 Cardiff fans.

Rovers- we normally drop our prices to encourage more to come; typically a reduction by more than half.

Cardiff- For us to agree to you dropping the prices by more than half can you must guarrantee that we will get the take from a gate of over 20,000. Can you do that?

Rovers- No

Cardiff- Charge a price for us both to make the most money then. After all, we do not expect to be still in the Cup so this is our last payday from the competition this season.

Philip, I`d like to think that somewhere along the line, someone said

"Any money is a bonus, why not consider the fans here and give them a chance to see a premiership team for tenner(or so)"

What about the Bournemouth game you may ask. Only 7,000 odd turned up? Yea well thats 7,000 odd who got to see a premiership team,ahem, for a tenner each. Good Pr, despite the result in the end.

I doubt wether any budgets for the year took into account any FA cup income from the gate, so it`s all bunce.

Just a thought.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the mods allow us to start an "I'm going " thread to dispel the gloom on this one.Theno is right ...£19 goes to the football club we want to do well.

Also £10 (the figure you might pay) from £19 means 5 less pints or one less taxi fare or shopping at Aldi rather than Tesco. If "Roversismylife" you have to calculate these sacrifices.

i am always shocked when fans have a go at other fans for not going to games due to the cost, but give players a big well done when they put little back compared to the money that theu are given.

when fans say enough is enough them clubs might stop paying players such a daft wage.

for some people on low wages 24 pounds is a lot of money to pay to go and see a game, why can not clubs give somethings back to the fans from time to time and drop the prices so that averages fans can go once in a while

Edited by des

Will the mods allow us to start an "I'm going " thread to dispel the gloom on this one.

Please start it any time you want.

Actually, one of the reasons I changed this as a poll is I suspected many people WOULD still be going despite the price, but wouldn't care to post to justify their actions (myself included).

One of the problems with internet forums such as this is those who have the biggest beef shout loudest despite them not necessarily being in the majority. The LET's TP sacking letters page was another example, they managed to drag up weeks worth of letters, despite our poll actually showing that the majority of fans backed the decision (although not the manner in which it was leaked).

I may be wrong here, but I doubt it.

Rovers will not be making a penny on the sale of pies, ale, & chips at the game. In all probability they will have sold the contract to "The Pie Ale & Chips Co Ltd" at the beginning of the season for £xxx.

Probably with a clause in the contract for a few more £s for each home cup match. But the extra money is probably not worth Friedal's barber's bill.

But £24 does seem a bit steep. But (again) as Theno said, the prices were lowered for Bournmouth and it didn't work, so Rovers' supports can't have their cake and eat it.

The only other suggestion I can think of is a high-risk £5 for adults £2 kids deal. No doubt JW has got the economics of that one well worked out.

Anyway every time games have been discounted in the past by the club to try and encourage bums-on-seats the crowds have been pitiful.  So what is there to lose?      thumbs-up.gif

My bum-on-my-seat for a kick-off (I attended the Bournemouth game because I thought a tenner was reasonable)

It isn't about small town mentalities and it isn't just Rovers fans who are saying no to expensive football matches.

The fact is that football fans in general have had enough of being ripped off - I know I have. I have missed very few games at Ewood by choice but I will choose to miss this one.

Suit yourself. dry.gif

btw One thing that is an absolute must is that the Rovers play their strongest team. The £10 days of watching our reserves playing in Europe I hope disappeared with the last management team. Charging full price to watch 2nd raters really would be outrageous.

I think the prices that the club have announced are a tad on the expensive side, but in saying that I think they don't really have any other option due to the craic with low attendances etc.

I travel from N.Ireland over to catch at least 4 games each season and pay an average of £28/match. However, i do feel a slight bit of injust towards the true supporters of the club, namely season ticket holders with accounts for a 10 year existance. For their loyalty they should be paying around £10.00 for this replay, whereas the rest of the adult prices should be around the £15 bracket.

But i can see what Blackburn Rovers have tried to do and can understand their prices, but until they can get a guarantee of around 15,000 for all Cup games against lower division teams, then whats the point in lowering the prices further??

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how much the tickets cost.

The fact of the matter is that Rovers don't have any players who excite fans any more. The likes of Dunn, Duff, and even Cole are long gone.

Rovers, for the past 12 months, have no pace, little skill, are unpredictable, and most importantly, don't EXCITE fans anymore.

Mark Hughes is doing a good, steadying job, but it will take time.

Believe me, Rovers fans would pay £50 a ticket if their team were worth it.

It's about quality of product and at the moment, I know people who wouldn't go if it was FREE to get in.

Has anybody considered what the Cardiff fans may think of this?

I am damn sure they will bring more than 1000 - more probably in the region of 3000 - and they will probably fancy their chances as well which maybe some way to the price being so high.

Personally I think this is well over charged - I am on the cup ticket scheme and therefore will more than likely go anyway but I think the Rovers may get a kick in the teeth from this - in fact you could well see more Cardiff fans at the ground than Rovers (their Cup final n' all that malarky), unlikely I know but a possibility all the same considering what is going on at the moment at the club.

£24 quid to see an undrperforming team that may well not be at full strength being paid far too much in wages that they don't deserve (except maybe Dickov and Todd)

Good thinking that ..... not!!- and will go along way backwards rather than forwards in trying to get fans back down to Ewood.

I can't believe how quickly some of you have turned against the club on this issue.

Has anyone thought that Cardiff might have said no to Rovers reducing the price?

The FA Cup gate receipts are shared between the two clubs and Cardiff might have wanted to earn as much money as possible from this tie.

Edited by happygilmore

believe me i woudnt and ive had a season ticket for 34 years!!!

Im one price increase of pulling the plug!Doesnt matter how good or how bad our team is football is too expensive and to think people would pay 50 smackeroos laugh.gif your having a laugh

I can't believe how quickly some of you have turned against the club on this issue.

Has anyone thought that Cardiff might have said no to Rovers reducing the price?

The FA Cup gate receipts are shared between the two clubs and Cardiff might have wanted to earn as much money as possible from this tie.

I feel we are all aware of those facts and I would argue very strongly no one is turning against the club. However that doesn't mean that we are happy with the ticket prices. It is important fans voice their feelings on this issue, both for Rovers and football in general.

I think we will go to the game but I am deeply unhappy about the price for my seat. I have to buy five for the family, this makes a difference.

believe me i woudnt and ive had a season ticket for 34 years!!!

Im one price increase of pulling the plug!Doesnt matter how good or how bad our team is football is too expensive and to think people would pay 50 smackeroos laugh.gif your having a laugh

You're right Abbey - 50 quid may be a bit over the top, but you know what I meant. unsure.gif

Can't belive the prices it seems to be way over priced will be going and will pay but I feel cheated, £10 for season ticket holders £15 for everyone else would be much better IMO - Feel sorry for all you who have kids etc to take to the game sad.gif

WOW WOW, If you are quick and check it out TICKET OFFICE there are cheeper tickets in the CIS Stand

Mind you this isnt what the club originaly stated. Their original statement was same price to all areas.

Maybe the club has read and taken some notice of fans opinion. If they have full credit to them.

What football needs is for everyone to boycott the game. If nobody goes to Ewood for this game, it will teach the greedy @#/? clubs a lesson - not just Rovers and Cardiff, but all of them. However, the clubs know that there are some 'loyal' supporters out there who haven't missed a game in 20 years and will fork out even if they add yet another tenner. They are being taken for mugs in the extreme.

If nobody went it would send out a cruel but neccessary message to Rovers. Blackburn is not a rich area by any means. I for one live in the Nelson area and it will cost me probably about £32 for ticket plus petrol, maybe a tenner for programme, a pint and something to eat - not to mention booking the night off work and probably being knackered for the next day. So that's in the region of forty odd quid for a FA Cup Third Round Replay.

I'm sorry that to me is what I call taking the p!ss.

Edited by ihateburnley

• Backroom

I sit in the JW Upper Central area, and according to the official site thats £25 for S/T holders.. £30 for non S/T

Forget it Rovers.. I aint paying £25 for a 3rd round replay !!!!

To be fair if ST holders want to go they now have the option for going for a £10. The club have now made it perfectly acceptable and only the snobbish who refuse to move to other parts of the ground will complain.

I wasn't going yesterday. I am today. Well done Rovers.!

• Backroom
The club have now made it perfectly acceptable and only the snobbish who refuse to move to other parts of the ground will complain.

Ok.. So I'm snobbish !

Why SHOULD I give up the seat I have occupied for the past 6 seasons?

Why can't Rovers just price the game fairly? full stop.

I have the sneaking feeling someone has moved very fast this morning to sort that out. Looks like the JW for us next week. smile.gif

Well they have moved fast but they have peed me off. I thought £19 was a bit steep so imagine my surprise when I saw I will have to pay £22 instead.

cheers Rovers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.