BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Replay Ticket Prices - ?24 !

Will you be attending and is the price fair enough  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending and is the price fair enough

• I will be attending and I think the price is fair enough
    • I will be attending but think the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, but think the price is fair enough
    • I will not be attending, because the price is too high
    • I will not be attending, not because of the price, but I think it's too high anyway.
    • Lee Grooby pays for my ticket anyway.

This poll is closed to new votes

Do the club really expect supporters to stump up this kind of cash for a cup replay that will most likely be on the box and in any case comes after a lot of games in a short space of time! Absolute disgrace!

On a side issue there is a discount for adults but none for students, just because I've gone to university does it no longer matter that I've had a season ticket for the past 15 seasons?!?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting if thats the cost of the tickets.

People are going to stay away anyway because its so early in the rounds but to charge that price for a replay between a struggling prem team and a struggling championship team then they obviously lack brain cells because hardly anyone will turn up!

Personally a cost of £15 max would have been the right amount, not £9 on top of that!

Edited by Tim Southampton Rover

Well done again Rovers! Why can't they see from this season gates that the ticket prices are too high.

I could understand if It was Chelski but its the mighty Cardiff! SORT IT OUT!!

Let Kids in for a kid and Adults for £8 or something like that.

mad.gif

Edited by Macky

They must be out their tree. Have they not noticed how little interest there is in the FA Cup these days (sadly). Hopefully they might be reading this board and see the strength of feeling. Otherwise it's going to be an embarrassment. A tenner max would have been more like it.

I was disgusted when I saw the price. It would have to have been agreed by both clubs.

Well thanks for nothing Rovers the crowd will probably be worse than the Worthington Cup against Bournemouth.

I will be there only because I opted for the cup season ticket. I also now get to see Cardiff. As I had to go t Manchester yesterday and was at the theatre with family. Had i not promised to go I would have been with the travelling Rovers fans.

Thanks to my friends who kept me informed of the score through out the game. It was killing me - not being at the game. At least I can look forward to Portsmouth

tinykit.gif

Must admit I was looking forward to this and fully expected the tickets to be £10 for adults and £5 for juniors. For those who haven't seen the the Official Site here are the details:

Adult non ST holder: £24

Adult ST holder: £19 (purchase before 5.00pm Tuesday 18th)

Senior Citizens: £14

Juniors: £5

ST holders have until Tuesday 13th to claim their own seat.

I shall be looking at between £53 and £77 depending on who wants to go. This is the first time I have seriously questioned attending a game at Ewood Park. I imagine Cardiff City had an input and have not agreed to a price reduction in the belief there is a pay day to be had. I do NOT believe Rovers would have agreed these prices unless Cardiff had insisted on full price tickets. There were on 14,000 at yesterday's game which is about 3,000 above Cardiff's average. If we get above 10k for the replay I'll be surprised. BIG MISTAKE on ticket prices.

Another example of the game getting the prices badly wrong.

Cant really give Cardiff too much of the blame for this one, they get 45% of something of any profit from the game, would have thought they'd have wanted as much as possible as well. And they arent naive enough to think that we'll all pay out to come.

Not sure if Ill make it, probably will, but reluctant to fork out £38 for me and the missus. Has to come out of next years season ticket fund.

I nearly choked on my coffee when I saw the front page!!!!!

I notice that only our game has an 8:00pm kick off time on the night....is the game on sky??

If it is then what the hell are Rovers doing charging those prices? totally

unrealistic mad.gif

Massive mistake with the pricing,we'll be lucky to see 10,000 on at the very best.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Cant really give Cardiff too much of the blame for this one, they get 45% of something of any profit from the game, would have thought they'd have wanted as much as possible as well. And they arent naive enough to think that we'll all pay out to come.

In which case they are welcome to 45% of the £0.00 I will be spending (or rather not spending) on a ticket for a game I would otherwise have attended. Even at the ST price I'm not paying £20 to line the pockets of some greedy, mediocre "Championship" outfit.

Cant really give Cardiff too much of the blame for this one, they get 45% of something of any profit from the game, would have thought they'd have wanted as much as possible as well.  And they arent naive enough to think that we'll all pay out to come.

In which case they are welcome to 45% of the £0.00 I will be spending (or rather not spending) on a ticket for a game I would otherwise have attended. Even at the ST price I'm not paying £20 to line the pockets of some greedy, mediocre "Championship" outfit.

My point was that it isnt solely their fault. I cant see why they would want to force the prices up. Surely theyd want more money rather than less - and more would be 17000 lots of £10 rather than 5000 lots of £24

It's ridiculous.

What attendance do the club think that they're going to get when they're putting the price of tickets at that price?

I'm considering not going. To pay that amount on a Wednesday night against an average Championship side is hardly getting your money's worth.

No wonder people are getting fed up with football....

I just could not believe this when I read it!! mad.gif

I don't have a season ticket because I am moving out of the area in a few weeks, but expect to come back for most of the matches. Like others have said, I was fully expecting to have to fork out about £10 for this match, and I probably would have paid upto about £15. £24 is an utter joke! Do the club want no one to come to Ewood?!

I have never said this before, but at those prices it is very very unlikely that I will attend! I could easily get a ST and save a few quid, but £19 is still way too much.

The club would be better off just having 2 stands open and save a bit on stewarding and turnstile operators, because there is going to be hardly anyone there.

I hope JW is ready for the letters, emails and phone calls tomorrow!

£24!!!!! Get Bent!

I was hoping a £5 all round, get 20K in, get a good atmosphere and support the team. They could have made loads of money on pie, ale and chips money to compensate. But no, £24. They really are taking the p!ss.

Gutted absolutely gutted. I CAN afford th pay it, but thats not the point. Loads of people can`t, and this was an ideal opportunity to get some new fans in and re-build a customer base thats been dwindling for 2 years.

PR and business disaster.

sad.gifsad.gif

Edited by ozziejones

I've just had a quick look at the prices for the other replays. Most don't have details yet, but I'll keep an eye on them. The only match with pricing details released is Exeter v Man Utd. The Man Utd fans will be paying a massive £11!

The Fulham fans seem a little concerned how much they will be paying, but the details haven't been confirmed.

I'd be interested if anyone can find anything from the FA about the pricing for matches and how it is decided.

I've been doing a little bit of maths.

Say we get 5,000 people on Ewood for the reply. At most that'll bring us £120,000.

If we charged £10 per person we'd have to sell 12,000 tickets to make the same amount of money. With added people, it would bring in extra revenue via refreshments, programmes etc.

Im not quiite sure what Rovers are hoping to achieve by charging so much, but I feel they've missed another opportunity to get a few new fans into the ground.

Okay I'm going for a crowd of 7,899.

Absolutely no way I will pay £19.

If we struggled to sell seats for £10 for the cup game against Bournemouth how on earth do the club think we will sell them at these prices.

There were alot of empty seats in cup games around the country yesterday - it is time for clubs to get wise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.